Itemize Books To The Philosophy of Andy Warhol (From A to B and Back Again)
| Original Title: | The Philosophy of Andy Warhol (From A to B and Back Again) |
| ISBN: | 0156717204 (ISBN13: 9780156717205) |
| Edition Language: | English |
Andy Warhol
Paperback | Pages: 272 pages Rating: 3.75 | 35430 Users | 461 Reviews
Chronicle Conducive To Books The Philosophy of Andy Warhol (From A to B and Back Again)
A loosely formed autobiography by Andy Warhol, told with his trademark blend of irony and detachmentIn The Philosophy of Andy Warhol—which, with the subtitle "(From A to B and Back Again)," is less a memoir than a collection of riffs and reflections—he talks about love, sex, food, beauty, fame, work, money, and success; about New York, America, and his childhood in McKeesport, Pennsylvania; about his good times and bad in New York, the explosion of his career in the sixties, and his life among celebrities.

List Based On Books The Philosophy of Andy Warhol (From A to B and Back Again)
| Title | : | The Philosophy of Andy Warhol (From A to B and Back Again) |
| Author | : | Andy Warhol |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Anniversary Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 272 pages |
| Published | : | April 6th 1977 by Mariner Books (first published 1975) |
| Categories | : | Art. Nonfiction. Philosophy. Biography. Autobiography. Memoir. Writing. Essays |
Rating Based On Books The Philosophy of Andy Warhol (From A to B and Back Again)
Ratings: 3.75 From 35430 Users | 461 ReviewsColumn Based On Books The Philosophy of Andy Warhol (From A to B and Back Again)
Andy prefers amateur dramatics to Oscar-winning performances: "I can only understand really amateur performers or really bad performers, because whatever they do never really comes off, so therefore it cant be phoney. But I can never understand really good, professional performers. Every professional performer Ive ever seen always does exactly the same thing at exactly the same moment in every show they do. They know when the audience is going to laugh and when its going to get reallyI loved this book! He presents a number of ideas that I'm going to ponder for the next few days. In the mean time here are some of my favorite quotes:-"I never fall apart because I never fall together" - pg.81-"Buying is much more American than thinking and I'm as American as they come" - pg.229-"People's fantasies are what give them problems. If you didn't have fantasies you wouldn't have problems because you'd just take whatever was there." pg.55
This book went from midly interesting to boring at times. The last 2 chapters are a yawn. I don't know whether to believe any of it, especially the constant rant of wanting to be alone most of the time. I do wish he was alive to live in the 21st century, he would have loved all the digital art that is being made today. And it would have been interesting to see what he would have produced.

"That forty-pound shopping bag full of rice that I bought in a panic is still sitting next to my bed," I said. "So is mine, except it's eighty pounds and it's driving me crazy because the shopping bag doesn't match the curtains."--"Some critic called me the Nothingness Himself and that didn't help my sense of existence any. Then I realized that existence itself is nothing and I felt better. But I'm still obsessed with the idea of looking into the mirror and seeing no one, nothing." "I'm
Back when I was really serious about finding profound meaning in life, and thought for some reason that that meaning would somehow emanate from something outside myself, that the world itself should be steeped in it, I hated everything Warhol stood for (as I perceived it) - shallowness, flippancy, etc. - because of course I resented his apparent lack of interest in finding the type of deep meaning that interested me; but now that I've realized that any meaning that life might have resides only
The Philosophy of Andy Warhol is essential reading for Warhol fans because it's filled with Warhol's views on life, money, art, film, fashion and most importantly, himself. Portions of the book are about as close as we're going to get to a full-blown autobiography, Warhol Diaries notwithstanding.He goes back in time to when he was a kid in school and picked on for his bad skin and awkward looks, which explains his cool detachment in general as a defense mechanism. Also poignant are his


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.