Point Books To Ashes (Ashes Trilogy #1)
| Original Title: | Monsters |
| ISBN: | 1606841750 (ISBN13: 9781606841754) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Ashes Trilogy #1 |
| Characters: | Alex, Тom, Ellie |
| Literary Awards: | Audie Award Nominee for Solo Narration -- Female (2012), Milwaukee County Teen Book Award Nominee (2013), Lincoln Award Nominee (2014), Missouri Gateway Readers Award Nominee (2014) |
Ilsa J. Bick
Hardcover | Pages: 465 pages Rating: 3.93 | 24030 Users | 2938 Reviews

Specify Epithetical Books Ashes (Ashes Trilogy #1)
| Title | : | Ashes (Ashes Trilogy #1) |
| Author | : | Ilsa J. Bick |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | First Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 465 pages |
| Published | : | September 6th 2011 by Egmont USA |
| Categories | : | Young Adult. Horror. Zombies. Science Fiction. Dystopia. Apocalyptic. Post Apocalyptic. Adventure. Survival |
Chronicle Supposing Books Ashes (Ashes Trilogy #1)
It could happen tomorrow . . .An electromagnetic pulse flashes across the sky, destroying every electronic device, wiping out every computerized system, and killing billions.
Alex hiked into the woods to say good-bye to her dead parents and her personal demons. Now desperate to find out what happened after the pulse crushes her to the ground, Alex meets up with Tom—a young soldier—and Ellie, a girl whose grandfather was killed by the EMP.
For this improvised family and the others who are spared, it’s now a question of who can be trusted and who is no longer human.
Author Ilsa J. Bick crafts a terrifying and thrilling post-apocalyptic novel about a world that could become ours at any moment, where those left standing must learn what it means not just to survive, but to live amidst the devastation.
Rating Epithetical Books Ashes (Ashes Trilogy #1)
Ratings: 3.93 From 24030 Users | 2938 ReviewsCriticism Epithetical Books Ashes (Ashes Trilogy #1)
This book started out with me just wanting to kick an 8 year old's whiney butt. She did get better once the story got rolling so I gave in and didn't run her down. This book was really good read for me. Had some survival skills going on and of course the kids in the story that have been "changed". Not really zombies because they are still alive but yes alive and eating other peoples is still pretty gross. But what do I do? Read every thing I can get my greedy little hands on that have to do4.5I read ASHES by Ilsa Bick a year ago- when I was on this "YA post-apocalyptic" rollllllll. I couldn't get enough of them! Noooow not that I am trying to ruffle any feathers, but after reading some reviews of ASHES, I kind of had to chuckle. Quite a few people gave it low marks for various things being "unbelievable". I don't have that opinion. In fact I rarely have that opinion when reading fiction...because it is after all...fiction- this is horror YA to boot. Maybe I should be more
Review also posted on my visitable blog!A fast-paced, riveting read.It was that stages-of-anger thing. I was shocked and then I got pissed and then I fought like hell and then I went numb. They called it acceptance, but it wasnt. Its what happens when you have only two choices: live with the monster, or kill yourself.Alex thought the shrink was full of shit. Her parents were dead.She knew that. The dream was all about her life jumping the rails,blowing up in her face, leaving her with nothing

This was a re-read for me.First time I read the book, February 6th, 2012: Wtf just happened?! Gah. I need book 2 NOW!Rating: 4 starsSecond time, October 12th, 2015: I liked it even more the second time around. I've read/watched quite a few zombie stories, and this is one of the best. I absolutely adore Alex, and I feel like she is a lot like Katniss. This story is just so engaging and it captured me from page one. Every time I put the book down, I couldn't wait to get back to it! Absolutely
This was a re-read for me.First time I read the book, February 6th, 2012: Wtf just happened?! Gah. I need book 2 NOW!Rating: 4 starsSecond time, October 12th, 2015: I liked it even more the second time around. I've read/watched quite a few zombie stories, and this is one of the best. I absolutely adore Alex, and I feel like she is a lot like Katniss. This story is just so engaging and it captured me from page one. Every time I put the book down, I couldn't wait to get back to it! Absolutely
2.5 stars out of 5 The story: Alex, has a brain tumor. She does not want any more treatments, is tired of hospitals, treatments, and false hope. So, when you are questioning your own survival, what do you do? You go on a survival trip! Ok. We straight here? Good. So, Alex is in the woods. She is just minding her own business, being the withdrawn, moody teenager, when she meets 8 year old Ellie and Ellies grandfather. We dont need to go into the details of Ellie but lets just nickname her
This book was completely not what I was expecting. Although, rereading the back, I'm not sure why I was so surprised. The back cover reads: An electromagnetic pulse sweeps through the sky, destroying every electronic device and killing billions. For those spared, it's a question of who can be trusted and who is no longer human...Desperate to find out what happened and to avoid the Changed, Alex meets up with Tom--a young army veteran--and Ellie, a young girl whose grandfather was killed by the


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.