Books Download Online Speak, Memory Free

Share:

Be Specific About Appertaining To Books Speak, Memory

Title:Speak, Memory
Author:Vladimir Nabokov
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 255 pages
Published:October 2000 by Penguin (first published April 1951)
Categories:Nonfiction. Autobiography. Memoir. Biography. Classics. Cultural. Russia
Books Download Online Speak, Memory  Free
Speak, Memory Paperback | Pages: 255 pages
Rating: 4.19 | 11264 Users | 814 Reviews

Narration As Books Speak, Memory

From one of the 20th century's great writers comes one of the finest autobiographies of our time. Speak, Memory, first published in 1951 as Conclusive Evidence and then assiduously revised in 1966, is an elegant and rich evocation of Nabokov’s life and times, even as it offers incisive insights into his major works, including Lolita, Pnin, Despair, The Gift, The Real Life of Sebastian Knight, and The Luhzin Defense.

One of the 20th century’s master prose stylists, Vladimir Nabokov was born in St. Petersburg in 1899. He studied French and Russian literature at Trinity College, Cambridge, then lived in Berlin and Paris, where he launched a brilliant literary career. In 1940 he moved to the United States, and achieved renown as a novelist, poet, critic, and translator. He taught literature at Wellesley, Stanford, Cornell, and Harvard. In 1961 he moved to Montreux, Switzerland, where he died in 1977.

Itemize Books Concering Speak, Memory

Original Title: Speak, Memory
ISBN: 0141183225 (ISBN13: 9780141183220)
Edition Language: English
Characters: Vladimir Nabokov

Rating Appertaining To Books Speak, Memory
Ratings: 4.19 From 11264 Users | 814 Reviews

Assessment Appertaining To Books Speak, Memory


I never knew this guy had synesthesia...Q:THE cradle rocks above an abyss, and common sense tells us that our existence is but a brief crack of light between two eternities of darkness. (c)Q:Nature expects a full-grown man to accept the two black voids, fore and aft, as stolidly as he accepts the extraordinary visions in between. Imagination, the supreme delight of the immortal and the immature, should be limited. In order to enjoy life, we should not enjoy it too much. (c)Q:AS FAR back as I

3.75 starsIndeed, I have possessed its handsome hardcover copy (Everyman's Library, 1999) since 2010 but I never thought of reading it due to its fonts in which I thought I would prefer their larger ones like those published in Conrad's Victory (Everyman's Library, 1998). Of course it has eventually been the product of its typography so its fonts as such set as the printed standard and it can't be changed overnight, it's just my opinion. One thing is certain, I won't read it for the sake of my

One of the greatest literary autobiographies ever - a model for how to do it. My favourite anecdote: when he talks about how cold it was in his student room, he denies the rumour that the water in his toothmug froze solid during the night. Just a crisp layer of ice on the top, that he broke with his toothbrush...

I have often noticed that after I had bestowed on the characters of my novels some treasured item of my past, it would pine away in the artificial world where I had so abruptly placed it. Although it lingered on in my mind, its personal warmth, its retrospective appeal had gone and, presently, it became more closely identified with my novel than with my former self, where it had seemed to be so safe from the intrusion of the artist.Please disregard the three stars above. There is no dark lined

Nabokov is a joker. If I hadnt known that already, Id have learned it when I reached the end of Speak, Memory.Id begun my review of the book when I was about half way through reading it, something I often do, preferring to jot down thoughts and impressions as I read in case I've forgotten the significance of this or that point by the time I've reached the end. Very soon I have a couple of readymade paragraphs and only need to tidy them up here and there, add a suitable opening and closing line,

Excelente, Nelson! Lembro-me de há coisa de três anos, num evento da Leya, o Lobo Antunes ter estado à conversa com o Eduardo Lourenço. Nisto, o

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.