Faust (Goethe's Faust #1-2) 
The best translation of Faust available, this volume provides the original German text and its English counterpart on facing pages. Walter Kaufmann's translation conveys the poetic beauty and rhythm as well as the complex depth of Goethe's language. Includes Part One and selections from Part Two.
The dedication which introduces this amazing masterpiece is forever a favorite of mine. This is one of the very few books which I would be reading, stop, and reread from the start with each reread tugging at my heartstrings. I LOVE Faust! Especially the first 50 pages which i must have read a zillion time. I lent my book and they never returned it. Oh, misery! Now, Here's the introductory poem:"Again you show yourselves, you wavering Forms,Revealed, as you once were, to clouded vision.Shall I
Faust, Johann Wolfgang von GoetheJohann Wolfgang von Goethe's Faust is a tragic play in two parts usually known in English as Faust, Part One and Faust, Part Two. Although rarely staged in its entirety, it is the play with the largest audience numbers on German-language stages. Faust is considered by many to be Goethe's magnum opus and the greatest work of German literature.عنوانها: فاوست تراژدی فاوست و زندگینامه یوهان ولفگانگ فن گوته نویسنده: گوته تاریخ نخستین خوانش: ماه آوریل سال 1991 میلادی و

I really adore this book. I have nothing to say. Amazing!!!
If you're into stuff like this, you can read the full review.To Plug the Mighty Hole Withal: "Faust - First Part" by Goethe(original review, 2004)Im planning on spending a few weeks on Goethes Faust in multiple translations and as much of the German as I can manage, supplemented by hundreds of pages of notes and commentary.I first read the book while in high school in the totally un-annotated Bayard Taylor translation from Modern Library one of the texts Im currently reading. Im still pretty
I hated, hated, hated this book. I liked the language and poetry of the translation I read. I hated the moral. Unreconstructed, unrepentant, gross, nihilistic Romanticism. This book is evil. It teaches that striving is what matters. Whoever strives in ceaseless toil, him we may grant redemption, says an angel at the conclusion, justifying Faust's salvation. Faust strives in seduction, fraud, war, debauchery, empire-building, and exploitation of nature. For this he is redeemed. Apparently the
I hesitated prior to posting my opinion. This work was deeply upset. Yet this appearance so common text: A wager between God and Mephistopheles, the Doctor Faust will be the target, is aptly brilliant!Many concepts are echoed in today's society, to believe that Goethe was a visionary. The dialogue is so rich in meaning, at every rereading a hidden meaning appears.This work of a lifetime seems to have the same playing time a human life: the beginning takes time to define himself, everything falls
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Paperback | Pages: 503 pages Rating: 3.96 | 29090 Users | 1224 Reviews

Itemize Books As Faust (Goethe's Faust #1-2)
| Original Title: | Faust. Der Tragödie erster und zweiter Teil |
| ISBN: | 0385031149 (ISBN13: 9780385031141) |
| Edition Language: | Multiple languages |
| Series: | Goethe's Faust #1-2 |
| Characters: | Dr. Heinrich Faust, Mephistopheles |
Commentary In Favor Of Books Faust (Goethe's Faust #1-2)
Goethe’s Faust reworks the late medieval myth of a brilliant scholar so disillusioned he resolves to make a contract with Mephistopheles. The devil will do all he asks on Earth and seeks to grant him a moment in life so glorious that he will wish it to last forever. But if Faust does bid the moment stay, he falls to Mephisto and must serve him after death. In this first part of Goethe’s great work, the embittered thinker and Mephistopheles enter into their agreement, and soon Faust is living a rejuvenated life and winning the love of the beautiful Gretchen. But in this compelling tragedy of arrogance, unfulfilled desire, and self-delusion, Faust heads inexorably toward an infernal destruction.The best translation of Faust available, this volume provides the original German text and its English counterpart on facing pages. Walter Kaufmann's translation conveys the poetic beauty and rhythm as well as the complex depth of Goethe's language. Includes Part One and selections from Part Two.
Particularize Appertaining To Books Faust (Goethe's Faust #1-2)
| Title | : | Faust (Goethe's Faust #1-2) |
| Author | : | Johann Wolfgang von Goethe |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Deluxe Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 503 pages |
| Published | : | January 31st 1998 by Anchor Books (first published 1832) |
| Categories | : | Classics. Fiction. Poetry. Plays. Literature. European Literature. German Literature |
Rating Appertaining To Books Faust (Goethe's Faust #1-2)
Ratings: 3.96 From 29090 Users | 1224 ReviewsCrit Appertaining To Books Faust (Goethe's Faust #1-2)
Faust has definitely inspired a great many other works of fiction. I still remember people complaining in the early 2000's (a complaint which had been going on since the 1980's) that the 2nd Care Bears film was supposedly referencing Faust and trying to introduce it to young children. It just goes to show how pervasive this work has become in not just history, but also contemporary pop culture. It was definitely an intriguing book to read through which works on a simple enough premise, but itsThe dedication which introduces this amazing masterpiece is forever a favorite of mine. This is one of the very few books which I would be reading, stop, and reread from the start with each reread tugging at my heartstrings. I LOVE Faust! Especially the first 50 pages which i must have read a zillion time. I lent my book and they never returned it. Oh, misery! Now, Here's the introductory poem:"Again you show yourselves, you wavering Forms,Revealed, as you once were, to clouded vision.Shall I
Faust, Johann Wolfgang von GoetheJohann Wolfgang von Goethe's Faust is a tragic play in two parts usually known in English as Faust, Part One and Faust, Part Two. Although rarely staged in its entirety, it is the play with the largest audience numbers on German-language stages. Faust is considered by many to be Goethe's magnum opus and the greatest work of German literature.عنوانها: فاوست تراژدی فاوست و زندگینامه یوهان ولفگانگ فن گوته نویسنده: گوته تاریخ نخستین خوانش: ماه آوریل سال 1991 میلادی و

I really adore this book. I have nothing to say. Amazing!!!
If you're into stuff like this, you can read the full review.To Plug the Mighty Hole Withal: "Faust - First Part" by Goethe(original review, 2004)Im planning on spending a few weeks on Goethes Faust in multiple translations and as much of the German as I can manage, supplemented by hundreds of pages of notes and commentary.I first read the book while in high school in the totally un-annotated Bayard Taylor translation from Modern Library one of the texts Im currently reading. Im still pretty
I hated, hated, hated this book. I liked the language and poetry of the translation I read. I hated the moral. Unreconstructed, unrepentant, gross, nihilistic Romanticism. This book is evil. It teaches that striving is what matters. Whoever strives in ceaseless toil, him we may grant redemption, says an angel at the conclusion, justifying Faust's salvation. Faust strives in seduction, fraud, war, debauchery, empire-building, and exploitation of nature. For this he is redeemed. Apparently the
I hesitated prior to posting my opinion. This work was deeply upset. Yet this appearance so common text: A wager between God and Mephistopheles, the Doctor Faust will be the target, is aptly brilliant!Many concepts are echoed in today's society, to believe that Goethe was a visionary. The dialogue is so rich in meaning, at every rereading a hidden meaning appears.This work of a lifetime seems to have the same playing time a human life: the beginning takes time to define himself, everything falls


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.