Books Free Coming Home Download

Share:
Books Free Coming Home  Download
Coming Home Paperback | Pages: 977 pages
Rating: 4.3 | 16623 Users | 961 Reviews

Itemize About Books Coming Home

Title:Coming Home
Author:Rosamunde Pilcher
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 977 pages
Published:July 1st 2005 by Hodder & Stoughton (first published September 1st 1995)
Categories:Fiction. Historical. Historical Fiction. Romance. War. World War II. European Literature. British Literature

Relation To Books Coming Home

Against the backdrop of an elegant Cornwall mansion before World War II and a vast continent-spanning canvas during the turbulent war years, this involving story tells of an extraordinary young woman's coming of age, coming to grips with love and sadness, and in every sense of the term, coming home...

In 1935, Judith Dunbar is left behind at a British boarding school when her mother and baby sister go off to join her father in Singapore. At Saint Ursula's, her friendship with Loveday Carey-Lewis sweeps her into the privileged, madcap world of the British aristocracy, teaching her about values, friendship, and wealth. But it will be the drama of war, as it wrenches Judith from those she cares about most, that will teach her about courage...and about love.

Teeming with marvelous, memorable characters in a novel that is a true masterpiece, Coming Home is a book to be savored, reread, and cherished forever.

List Books In Favor Of Coming Home

Original Title: Coming Home
ISBN: 0340752475 (ISBN13: 9780340752470)
Edition Language: English
Literary Awards: Romantic Novel of the Year (RoNa's) Award (1996)

Rating About Books Coming Home
Ratings: 4.3 From 16623 Users | 961 Reviews

Appraise About Books Coming Home
I really love Rosamunde Pilcher books. I hate how they look like sappy romance novels because somebody put dorky flowers and curlicues all over the cover, but rest assured, they're far from that genre. This is one of my particular favorites. It follows a girl (left in boarding school in England while her family goes to Singapore) before, during, and after WWII and goes back and forth between Cornwall, London, and various South Pacific locations. It's fairly epic in length--I think it clocks in

I've read this about six times, once out loud to my twelve-year-old daughter. Rosamunde Pilcher is always magic and this novel is her magnum opus. The epitome of British family sagas, of wartime in England, of family and love and friendship and boarding schools and English country manors. Basically everything I love. And, also, the ultimate in tea party descriptions, and for British food in general. More about my tea party obsessions here: http://suannelaqueurwrites.com/litera...

Brideshead Lite... very light. I loved the Shell Seekers and liked September. This is a very weak production which rides on the popularity of those books - and I am really amazed that none of the reviews I've seen have commented on the class-consciousness and sexism which pervade the novel. Judith is a boring character who doesn't seem at all attached to any of the people who die tragically around her, some of whose deaths allow her to climb socially and improve her position, but not to actually

This is possibly my favorite book of all time. It follows 14-year old Judith in pre-WW II Britain for about 13 years -- through pre-war family disruptions, boarding school (where she meets a new friend with an interesting family and a wonderful country house), the war itself (as a WREN, which takes her to Ceylon), and back to post-war Britain to find missing family and sort out her life. I loved every part of it -- the girl herself, her family and friends, the country house, the romances, the

It has been a little difficult for me to think coherently about what I want to say in this review. This is only the second Rosamund Pilcher title I have ever read, and I loved this one as much as The Shell Seekers, for many of the same reasons. The writing is not pretentious, the people feel real, everything that happens is described so clearly that I still feel I am in Judith Dunbar's Dower House listening to the rain on the roof.This type of book is a pleasure to read. It gives us lovely

Why is this book so long?? It really could use some editing. I stopped halfway through and read another book to take a break. The first half of the book was very slow for me. I loved the second half however. I do love this writer's style and the era in which the story takes place. I did get little annoyed at how the men in this story speak to the women but it is probably typical for the late 30s and early 40s. Still the women are strong in the 2 novels I have read by Pilcher. I discovered

I loved the opening of this book. It reminded me of Jane Eyre, but as the story progressed, I could see that any similarity to that classic is purely superficial. This novel is a coming of age story of Judith Dunbar, set in prewar, war and post 2WW Britain. At the star of this novel, I was rather fascinated by the relationship between Judith and her mother, who seems to be a push-over, but at the same time capable of some deep thoughts. I found it perplexing, how this woman whom both Judith (her

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.