Books A Kiss of Shadows (Merry Gentry #1) Download Online Free

Share:

Mention Books Toward A Kiss of Shadows (Merry Gentry #1)

Original Title: A Kiss of Shadows (Merry Gentry, #1)
ISBN: 0345490657 (ISBN13: 9780345490650)
Edition Language: English
Series: Merry Gentry #1
Characters: Meredith "Merry" Gentry, Frost (Killing Frost), Barinthus, Sholto, Kitto, Doyle (Queen's Darkness), Rhys (Cromm Crauch), Galen (A Kiss of Shadows), Eamon (A Kiss of Shadows), Andais
Books A Kiss of Shadows (Merry Gentry #1) Download Online Free
A Kiss of Shadows (Merry Gentry #1) Mass Market Paperback | Pages: 468 pages
Rating: 4.01 | 51600 Users | 1875 Reviews

Interpretation In Favor Of Books A Kiss of Shadows (Merry Gentry #1)

My name is Meredith 'Merry' Gentry, but of course it's not my real name. I dare not even whisper my true name after dark for fear that one hushed word will travel over the night winds to the soft ear of my aunt, the Queen of Air and Darkness. She wants me dead. I don't even know why...

I fled the high court of Faerie three years ago and have been in hiding ever since. As Merry Gentry, I am a private investigator for the Grey Detective Agency: Supernatural Problems, Magical Solutions. My magical skills, scorned at the courts of Faerie, are valued in the human world. Even by human standards, my magic isn't flashy, which is fine by me. Flashy attracts attention and I can't afford that.

Rumour has it that I am dead. Not quite. I am Princess Meredith NicEssus. To speak that name after dark is to call down a knock upon your door from a hand that can kill you with a touch. I have been careful, but not careful enough. The shadows have found me, and they are going to take me back home, one way or another.

So the running is over. But the fighting has just begun...

Rich, sensual, brimming with dangerous magic, A Kiss of Shadows is a dazzling tour-de-force where folklore, fantasy and erotically charged adventure collide.

Declare Out Of Books A Kiss of Shadows (Merry Gentry #1)

Title:A Kiss of Shadows (Merry Gentry #1)
Author:Laurell K. Hamilton
Book Format:Mass Market Paperback
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 468 pages
Published:March 28th 2006 by Ballantine Books (first published September 30th 2000)
Categories:Fantasy. Urban Fantasy. Paranormal. Romance. Paranormal Romance. Fairies. Fae

Rating Out Of Books A Kiss of Shadows (Merry Gentry #1)
Ratings: 4.01 From 51600 Users | 1875 Reviews

Criticism Out Of Books A Kiss of Shadows (Merry Gentry #1)
I finished last night. 1 star. It's too much, yet not really anything at all. Plus, just like Anita, Merry has no women friends. All other women are competition. And much like Anita (who was a Christian virgin right?), Merry has qualms about public sex then proceeds to almost bang guys in very public situations. Just TRYIN TOO HARD to have an actual plot to tie all the sex scenes together.

I thought I'd give Laurell K Hamilton another chance, that my problems with the Anita Blake series might be confined to that series and Anita herself. I was wrong. In this, a different series starring Merry Gentry, the half-human sidhe princess, everything that irritated me most about Anita was front and centre; the feeling that the heroine is an author avatar for Hamtilon to 'live out' her fantasies, pages and pages of descriptions on the most awful outfits imaginable, the heroine standing



Awhile back, my husband gave me a ton of new books. Laurell Hamilton was one of the authors and I was super stoked! I read the entire Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series at light speed. I love that series! And it was because of that series, that I suffered through the first book of the Meredith Gentry series. Meredith Gentry is a fae princess in a volunteered exile, using glamour to hide her real identity from everyone. I always give a series / a book a chance. I have to tell you, the ONLY

This is a decent read, it's straddling the line of UF and Erotica as LKH is known to do. If you've read Anita then you know what to expect from LKH, sex, sex sex and more sex. At least this series is a bit more up front about it vs Anita. The story is a bit disjointed I mean pretty much Merry is bed hopping as soon as we meet her and I couldn't figure out why or what the reasoning was behind it. Other than she is fey and likes sex.The overall plot is interesting in this story to say the least. I

Wow, this was not your typical 'fairy' tale! It is packed full of sex, drugs, and rock n' roll! Kidding. There was no drugs or rock n' roll. I loved that the action in the story started out strong and doesn't seem to come up for a breath. It was one of those books that made it hard to put down because there was really no good stopping place.I really liked Merry. She was such a kink-ass heroine! Wait. Did I say kink? I meant kick! Kick-ass heroine. Ahem. Sorry. She had suck a reali...Sorry again.

I did not like the Anita Baker series so I was almost certain I was going to have a problem with this one, turns out I was wrong. This, IMO, is vastly superior to the Anita Baker series, Anita was a ninny hammer I just could not stand so Merry is a bit of a relief.

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.