A Witch in Winter (Winter Trilogy #1) 
When love is tangled up in magic, how can you be sure what's real?
I havent read a lot of books about witches but was really interested to check out A Witch in Winter purely because its written by a British author and the storys set in England which is a bit of a rarity with paranormal young adult fiction. It was really refreshing to read a book set in an old British seaside town but at the same time it wasnt so British that it wouldnt do well over seas. I think that Ruth Warburton does a fantastic job of writing a solid British supernatural book that can stand
My Rating: 4.0 / 5First thoughts:This is a very magical book about witchcraft, first and true love and about dealing with the consequences of your own behaviour. Seth and Anna are a beautiful couple to watch as they grow closer and realize that they care about each other. This is a beautiful story and I'm looking forward to find out how it continues, hoping that all questions will be answered and all wishes will come true.More detailed:My favorite aspect about A Witch in Winter is the magic we

3.5 StarsI have always, always loved stories about witches and witchcraft, especially historical novels about witchcraft. When I realised A Witch in Winter was a contemporary, I was momentarily a little disappointed, but Warburton creates quite a rich, historical atmosphere with her setting that there was no chance of this becoming too Sabrina-like. I like my modern-day witches to have a strong connection to the past and A Witch in Winter definitely achieved that.A Witch in Winter is a fun read,
I make a habit of reading my sisters books. Dont ask me why just know that when a book is sitting in our bedroom I will read it. Even in situations where said book does not particularly appeal to me, I will read it.With the Winter trilogy, I was unsure as to whether or not I was truly interested. It seemed like just another teenage supernatural love story. I have read more than enough of them. However, I have enjoyed some of them. Thus, I went ahead and gave them a read.For me, this first book
I wanted to love this book. It was recommended to me by a friend who insisted that I would love it because it was original, well-researched and stayed true to the beliefs of witchcraft.So, let me tell you now that it was not.It was not original. I found quite a few similarities between this book and The Craft movie, as well as The Secret Circle by L.J.Smith.Then we have the instant love recipe which is really getting on my nerves. Seriously they were confessing their love for each other in like
I just didn't feel that this book really had anything to offer in the genre. It feels like another rehash of Twilight with all the usual cliches that I've come to hate in YA novels.Firstly we have to have the new girl coming to a new school where she feels like the awkward outsider. As usual on her first day, the hottest guy at school has to fall madly in love with her and BOOM we have the dreadful Insta-luv that I hate. He can have his pick of anyone but has to have the plain looking girl which
Ruth Warburton
Paperback | Pages: 356 pages Rating: 3.75 | 2514 Users | 239 Reviews

Define Books Concering A Witch in Winter (Winter Trilogy #1)
| Original Title: | A Witch in Winter |
| ISBN: | 1444904698 (ISBN13: 9781444904697) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Winter Trilogy #1 |
Interpretation In Favor Of Books A Witch in Winter (Winter Trilogy #1)
Anna Winterson doesn't know she's a witch and would probably mock you for believing in magic, but after moving to the small town of Winter with her father, she learns more than she ever wanted to about power. When Anna meets Seth, she is smitten, but when she enchants him to love her, she unwittingly amplifies a deadly conflict between two witch clans and splits her own heart in two. She wants to love Seth, to let him love her - but if it is her magic that's controlling his passion, then she is as monstrous as the witch clan who are trying to use her amazing powers for their own gain.When love is tangled up in magic, how can you be sure what's real?
Be Specific About Containing Books A Witch in Winter (Winter Trilogy #1)
| Title | : | A Witch in Winter (Winter Trilogy #1) |
| Author | : | Ruth Warburton |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Anniversary Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 356 pages |
| Published | : | January 5th 2012 by Hodder Children's Books (first published January 1st 2012) |
| Categories | : | Paranormal. Witches. Young Adult. Fantasy. Magic. Romance |
Rating Containing Books A Witch in Winter (Winter Trilogy #1)
Ratings: 3.75 From 2514 Users | 239 ReviewsJudgment Containing Books A Witch in Winter (Winter Trilogy #1)
This book was a really mixed bag for me. On the one hand it was a fairly standard YA "i don't know i have magical powers" books, which is sometimes just what you need and I loved the descriptions of spells and the rustic feeling of the witchcraft practiced in this book.However, it was problematic. The depictions of women in this books were pretty stereotypical there was "the bitch"(caroline) "the sage" (maya) and the airheaded friends. not very progressive and i kept waiting for Anna to realiseI havent read a lot of books about witches but was really interested to check out A Witch in Winter purely because its written by a British author and the storys set in England which is a bit of a rarity with paranormal young adult fiction. It was really refreshing to read a book set in an old British seaside town but at the same time it wasnt so British that it wouldnt do well over seas. I think that Ruth Warburton does a fantastic job of writing a solid British supernatural book that can stand
My Rating: 4.0 / 5First thoughts:This is a very magical book about witchcraft, first and true love and about dealing with the consequences of your own behaviour. Seth and Anna are a beautiful couple to watch as they grow closer and realize that they care about each other. This is a beautiful story and I'm looking forward to find out how it continues, hoping that all questions will be answered and all wishes will come true.More detailed:My favorite aspect about A Witch in Winter is the magic we

3.5 StarsI have always, always loved stories about witches and witchcraft, especially historical novels about witchcraft. When I realised A Witch in Winter was a contemporary, I was momentarily a little disappointed, but Warburton creates quite a rich, historical atmosphere with her setting that there was no chance of this becoming too Sabrina-like. I like my modern-day witches to have a strong connection to the past and A Witch in Winter definitely achieved that.A Witch in Winter is a fun read,
I make a habit of reading my sisters books. Dont ask me why just know that when a book is sitting in our bedroom I will read it. Even in situations where said book does not particularly appeal to me, I will read it.With the Winter trilogy, I was unsure as to whether or not I was truly interested. It seemed like just another teenage supernatural love story. I have read more than enough of them. However, I have enjoyed some of them. Thus, I went ahead and gave them a read.For me, this first book
I wanted to love this book. It was recommended to me by a friend who insisted that I would love it because it was original, well-researched and stayed true to the beliefs of witchcraft.So, let me tell you now that it was not.It was not original. I found quite a few similarities between this book and The Craft movie, as well as The Secret Circle by L.J.Smith.Then we have the instant love recipe which is really getting on my nerves. Seriously they were confessing their love for each other in like
I just didn't feel that this book really had anything to offer in the genre. It feels like another rehash of Twilight with all the usual cliches that I've come to hate in YA novels.Firstly we have to have the new girl coming to a new school where she feels like the awkward outsider. As usual on her first day, the hottest guy at school has to fall madly in love with her and BOOM we have the dreadful Insta-luv that I hate. He can have his pick of anyone but has to have the plain looking girl which


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.