Be Specific About Books Toward Airframe
| Original Title: | Airframe |
| ISBN: | 0099556316 (ISBN13: 9780099556312) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Setting: | Los Angeles, California(United States) |
Michael Crichton
Paperback | Pages: 431 pages Rating: 3.7 | 74508 Users | 1930 Reviews

Particularize About Books Airframe
| Title | : | Airframe |
| Author | : | Michael Crichton |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Deluxe Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 431 pages |
| Published | : | 2006 by Arrow Books (first published November 27th 1996) |
| Categories | : | Fiction. Thriller. Mystery. Science Fiction. Suspense. Mystery Thriller. Adventure |
Rendition Conducive To Books Airframe
The twin jet plane en route to Denver from Hong Kong is merely a green radar blip half an hour off the California coast when the call comes through to air traffic control:'Socal Approach, this is TransPacific 545. We have an emergency.' The pilot requests priority clearance to land - then comes the bombshell - he needs forty ambulances on the runway.
But nothing prepares the rescue workers for the carnage they witness when they enter the plane.
Ninety-four passengers are injured. Three dead. The interior cabin virtually destroyed.
What happened on board Flight TPA 545?
Rating About Books Airframe
Ratings: 3.7 From 74508 Users | 1930 ReviewsRate About Books Airframe
Whenever I want to get back in the swing of reading, I pick an easy read. Thats what this book is easy. Its about an airplane crash, the medias desire to sensationalize instead of report the news, and the politics of the airplane business. It has little character development, and much of the dialogue is driven by explaining how airplanes and the airplane business operate (there is always some dumb character around to ask the obvious question that results in a mini lecture). I suppose ifFuselage, Auto pilot, Slat deployment, Stall alarm, JAA, FAA, Autopilot, Avionics,Nose up & down,Cycle electrical test, whatelse??A very good investigative thriller pack. But climax is childish.
I read this book aloud to my husband during the past week or so, and parts of it were very dramatic, but other parts (all those charts!) were a bit dull even though we knew they were important. I don't know how a narrator for an audio version would read them, I either handed the book to Marco and let him see for himself, or else I just said 'lots of numbers that I am not going to read'. We got the gist of it all anyway.Casey Singleton is in charge of a team trying to figure out what went wrong

Warning: Do not read this if you're going to board a plane in the next two weeks. Stunner of a book. Typical Crichton. Supremely complex subject, turned into a very digestible thriller. Airplane technology merged with the greed and machinations of the media industry. Wonderfully written and a satisfying ending. If you like thrillers and don't mind learning a thing or two about aviaton, you'll love this.
This was my first Michael Crighton book (I know, I know, I'm an idiot for never reading him before). I really enjoyed Airframe. It was a fast paced techno mystery from the first to the last. I feel like I learned a lot about the design, manufacturing and flying of commercial aircraft. I also learned how lax the quality control is for airlines (seriously, I might never fly again). Casey is a quality investigator for an airplane manufacturer who is sent to investigate an incident that occurred
I chose this book for my August reading challenge (criterion: must be a book I've never read) only to discover after reading it that I have read this book, and it was utterly forgettable. Though at least now I know why the central mystery seemed so obvious a solution.


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.