Be Specific About Books Supposing Bone Gap
| Original Title: | Bone Gap ASIN B00KVI77JI |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Characters: | Finn O'Sullivan, Sean O'Sullivan, Roza, Charlie Valentine, The Scare Crow, Miguel Cordero, Priscilla "Petey" Willis, Jonas Apple |
| Setting: | Bone Gap, Illinois(United States) |
| Literary Awards: | National Book Award Nominee for Young People's Literature (2015), Locus Award Nominee for Best Young Adult Book (2016), Geffen Award Nominee for Best Translated Fantasy Book (2019), Michael L. Printz Award (2016), Rhode Island Teen Book Award Nominee (2017) Lincoln Award Nominee (2017), Andre Norton Award Nominee (2015) |

Laura Ruby
Kindle Edition | Pages: 373 pages Rating: 3.83 | 24421 Users | 4548 Reviews
Mention Containing Books Bone Gap
| Title | : | Bone Gap |
| Author | : | Laura Ruby |
| Book Format | : | Kindle Edition |
| Book Edition | : | Deluxe Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 373 pages |
| Published | : | March 3rd 2015 by Balzer + Bray |
| Categories | : | Young Adult. Magical Realism. Fantasy. Mystery. Fiction. Romance. Contemporary |
Explanation To Books Bone Gap
Everyone knows Bone Gap is full of gaps—gaps to trip you up, gaps to slide through so you can disappear forever. So when young, beautiful Roza went missing, the people of Bone Gap weren’t surprised. After all, it wasn’t the first time that someone had slipped away and left Finn and Sean O’Sullivan on their own. Just a few years before, their mother had high-tailed it to Oregon for a brand new guy, a brand new life. That’s just how things go, the people said. Who are you going to blame?Finn knows that’s not what happened with Roza. He knows she was kidnapped, ripped from the cornfields by a dangerous man whose face he cannot remember. But the searches turned up nothing, and no one believes him anymore. Not even Sean, who has more reason to find Roza than anyone, and every reason to blame Finn for letting her go.
As we follow the stories of Finn, Roza, and the people of Bone Gap—their melancholy pasts, their terrifying presents, their uncertain futures—acclaimed author Laura Ruby weaves a heartbreaking tale of love and loss, magic and mystery, regret and forgiveness—a story about how the face the world sees is never the sum of who we are.
Rating Containing Books Bone Gap
Ratings: 3.83 From 24421 Users | 4548 ReviewsCrit Containing Books Bone Gap
I haven't read much magical realism. One notable example would be Jellicoe Road, which has an aspect of magical realism that adds a degree of richness to the character relationships and a poignancy to the story.Which springboards straight into my problems with Bone Gap: there isn't much story underneath the magical realism. What is the book about, exactly? The hole a missing woman left in a town? Who populates this town, anyway? The brothers' relationship, which is central to their story, feelsWell this was one heck of a magical unicorn ride into a greatness. The Bone Gap isn't going to be a book for everyone. In fact, I'm quite surprised that I enjoyed it as much as I did, because magical realism books are more of a miss than a hit for me. On top of that, multiple POV's tend to throw me off. Yet Laura Ruby weaves such a mesmerizing tale that is lush, vivid, gorgeously written, and though at times I was slightly confused, the story was still somehow easy to keep up with and hard to

Finn and Sean O'Sullivan took in Roza, a Polish student who seems to have fled something violent. But now she is missing, kidnapped, with the only witness to it being Finn who can't describe the kidnapper. Finn and Sean are bereft, but Finn moves on by getting to know the prickly daughter of a local beekeeper. Meanwhile Roza's captivity is strange, and getting increasingly stranger.That's a weird way of summarizing this book, but I'm desperately trying to dance around spoilers here. One of the
You can also find this review here! People look, they don't see. Just thinking about this incredible book I finished a few days ago brings back all the emotions I felt while reading. Bone Gap is honestly a masterpiece and I dont say that lightly. It is however, also a very difficult book to review.What kind of book is Bone Gap? The answer is: I dont know. It's not really magical realism or fantasy, not contemporary, not a thriller or mystery. I have no idea how I would categorize it. It is book
The dreamy quality of the writing in Bone Gap is out-of-this-world. That had been weeks ago. Time moved so slowly here, or was it quickly? She had become unmoored from the present, loose and untethered, her mind rolling forward into the future, anticipating, and then dropping again into this torturous, unbearable present.Here, there, everywhere. See? See what I mean? How is that anything but beautiful??And I found myself almost holding my breath for moments with Roza and Sean. Oh how hard I ship
Laini Taylor personally recommended this one to me, so I'll definetly read it!


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.