Download Books For How to Get Filthy Rich in Rising Asia Free

Share:
Download Books For How to Get Filthy Rich in Rising Asia  Free
How to Get Filthy Rich in Rising Asia Hardcover | Pages: 230 pages
Rating: 3.79 | 17663 Users | 2278 Reviews

List Books In Favor Of How to Get Filthy Rich in Rising Asia

Original Title: How to Get Filthy Rich in Rising Asia
ISBN: 1594487294 (ISBN13: 9781594487293)
Edition Language: English
Literary Awards: Internationaler Literaturpreis – Haus der Kulturen der Welt Nominee (2014), DSC Prize Nominee for South Asian Literature (2014)

Narration Supposing Books How to Get Filthy Rich in Rising Asia

From the internationally bestselling author of The Reluctant Fundamentalist, the boldly imagined tale of a poor boy's quest for wealth and love.

His first two novels established Mohsin Hamid as a radically inventive storyteller with his finger on the world's pulse. How to Get Filthy Rich in Rising Asia meets that reputation, and exceeds it. the astonishing and riveting tale of a man's journey from impoverished rural boy to corporate tycoon, it steals its shape from the business self-help books devoured by ambitious youths all over "rising Asia." It follows its nameless hero to the sprawling metropolis where he begins to amass an empire built on that most fluid, and increasingly scarce, of goods: water. Yet his heart remains set on something else, on the pretty girl whose star rises along with his, their paths crossing and recrossing, a lifelong affair sparked and snuffed and sparked again by the forces that careen their fates along.

How to Get Filthy Rich in Rising Asia is a striking slice of contemporary life at a time of crushing upheaval. Romantic without being sentimental, political without being didactic, and spiritual without being religious, it brings an unflinching gaze to the violence and hopes it depicts. And it creates two unforgettable characters who find moments of transcendent intimacy in the midst of shattering change.

Mention Appertaining To Books How to Get Filthy Rich in Rising Asia

Title:How to Get Filthy Rich in Rising Asia
Author:Mohsin Hamid
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 230 pages
Published:March 5th 2013 by Riverhead Books (first published March 1st 2013)
Categories:Fiction. Cultural. Asia. Contemporary. Pakistan. Literary Fiction. Business. Novels

Rating Appertaining To Books How to Get Filthy Rich in Rising Asia
Ratings: 3.79 From 17663 Users | 2278 Reviews

Critique Appertaining To Books How to Get Filthy Rich in Rising Asia
I had waited for this,with anticipation.With his first two books,Mohsin Hamid had quickly become one of my favourite authors.And then I read this,and I was disappointed.Moth Smoke was a stunning debut for Hamid and The Reluctant Fundamentalist was very interesting as well.His third book is not in the same class.The storyline,poor boy getting rich,is not very original.That said,in this part of the world,people do get rich by manipulating corrupt bureaucrats and politicians and exploiting the lax

So vivid, yet so economical. And so funny! When I got off the subway (yes, in Los Angeles) holding this book, I was stopped by an Asian woman, who wanted to see it. When I told her it was a novel, and not an actual self-help book, she lost interest. But in fact it's both. It skewers our secret desires.Remarkable that it can be so vague about the big stuff (what country we're in, people's names), but so specific on the small stuff. It has tremendous vitality, and credibility, because it speaks

Ultimately this book was a disappointment for me. The last chapter was by far the best, really a wonderful piece of writing save the use of the word "creepy" in the last sentence which was DISASTEROUS, shame on his editor! (I'm not usually so meticulous that word choice was SO incongruous I STILL find it jarring). The conceit of writing it as a self Help book was clever but did not ultimately serve any particular purpose and the story was too familiar. The characters, the city, the struggle,

As soon as I started this book, I knew I was going to hate it. The second-person was constantly grating, the "self-help" introductions to each chapter flippant and vaguely insulting. What shoddy gimmicks! Not to mention, I'd seen this story before: Kid grows up in a poor village, pulls himself out of the gutter, falls in love, ends up with all the trophies. That's a staple storyline I'd read ten times since last Tuesday. But, alas: I was trapped on an airplane, the book was short, and I couldn't

So how DO you get filthy rich in rising Asia? Mohsin Hamids latest book masquerades as a how-to manual for success, with chapter headings such as Move to the City, Learn from a Master, and Dance With Debt. Each chapter lasers in on a different socioeconomic level in stratified Pakistan: dirt-poor urchin, up-and-coming entrepreneur, wealthy business owner, and so on. None of the characters have names. There is you (as in You are a smart kid who grows up in a poor South Asian country, working the

Review to come. I just need to get this speck out if my eye first.

Now this was interesting: it is the story of a man told in the form of a self-help book, complete with the second-person present-tense conceit. I'm very fond of books that entangles with the themes of poverty and wealth inequality, and How To Get Filthy Rich in Rising Asia is no exception. We begin with the unnamed protagonist (who is, of course, referred throughout as "you") in his impoverished childhood, and we see him rise through the ranks chapter by chapter, falling in love, losing love,

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.