Particularize Books Conducive To Strip Jack (Inspector Rebus #4)
| Original Title: | Strip Jack |
| ISBN: | 0312965141 (ISBN13: 9780312965143) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Inspector Rebus #4, Inspector Rebus #4 |
| Characters: | Inspector John Rebus |
| Setting: | Edinburgh, Scotland |
Ian Rankin
Paperback | Pages: 269 pages Rating: 3.85 | 9766 Users | 466 Reviews

Declare Based On Books Strip Jack (Inspector Rebus #4)
| Title | : | Strip Jack (Inspector Rebus #4) |
| Author | : | Ian Rankin |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Deluxe Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 269 pages |
| Published | : | May 15th 1998 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published 1992) |
| Categories | : | Mystery. Crime. Fiction. Cultural. Scotland |
Narrative During Books Strip Jack (Inspector Rebus #4)
3.5I’m going with a short but sweet review here— mostly because I don’t want to accidentally spoil anything and it’s after midnight and that darn alarm clock beckons.
So after reading the first two Rebus books, I had to skip a few as our library system doesn’t own all of the older entries in this solid Scottish crime procedural series. Hate when that happens!
Rebus is as legendary as Morse, Dalgliesh and Lyndley, however, I’m a Jane-come-lately to this series. I actually read his cold case series first. I loved that so much, I decided to track back to Rebus.
Unfortunately this wasn’t my favorite— I won’t use the “b” word but it took me several weeks to finish the second half — that pretty much explains it.
Solid complicated crime that felt like one huge runaround by the end — lost a half-star for that last messy bit. And now, I promise, I will say no more.
And because I couldn’t read books 3-4 (ugh—I loathe missing installments of any series), I have no idea why he’s with Patience and what the back story is with Gill. Rebus is a bit rough around the edges when it comes to women, but other than Gamache, arent most of our favorite detectives too obsessed with their cases to handle healthy relationships?
Here’s hoping I don’t have to skip books to read the next Rebus mystery my library offers. Did I mention I really, really hate skipping books in a series? Wish me luck!!
Rating Based On Books Strip Jack (Inspector Rebus #4)
Ratings: 3.85 From 9766 Users | 466 ReviewsWeigh Up Based On Books Strip Jack (Inspector Rebus #4)
Strip Jack by Ian Rankin.The golden age of Scottish mysteries has arrived with Inspector Rebus. Mark this story as on the same level as John Dickson Carr at his best.A must read for all addicted to elaborately entangled mysteries.I was really disappointed with this book, especially considering Rankin talks about his coming of age as a writer in the introduction. I thought that this was far and away his weakest Rebus novel so far.The story wasn't particularly gripping, few unanticipated twists and turns, and very little tension. There was also the noisy narrator, lots of clichés and verbal mannerisms which I suppose to be Rebus's inner voice, but were off-putting and annoying and made it harder for me to like the man.This
The 4th book in the Inspector Rebus series by Ian Rankin.I always enjoy reading Ian Rankin novels and I'm not sure why I haven't read more than I have. Rebus is a gritty flawed Edinburgh cop who is never far from trouble.The books are well written and have lots of sub plots that add to the Rebus series overall.

In my opinion, Ian Rankin is well in amongst the cream at the very top in crime fiction, and in Inspector Rebus he has created a dourly original detective as interesting in his own way as Sherlock Holmes. In 'Strip Jack' Rebus searches what passes as his soul over his domestic future. Long resigned to never going higher in the ranks, he wears his rank of inspector with dissatisfied satisfaction. Unlike nearly all fictional detectives since Holmes; who have a moral centre of integrity, and
This is a brilliant series that has really captured my attention. So much so that Ive read 4 of the books in a row. Ian Rankin is a talented Author and he really brings his characters to life. John Rebus the main character has many floors but once he gets his teeth into an investigation he never gives up. I also enjoy that there is more than one thing going on with the plot. Detective Inspector John Rebus must tread carefully around Gregor Jack when he starts to investigate the disappearance of
I came a bit late to Ian Rankin's work and I'm slowly working my way through the Rebus series of novels, this being the fourth in the series.In this novel Rebus is present at the raid on an Edinburgh brothel when MP Gregory Jack is discovered on the premises, as one of the 'punters'. The press are out in force at the scene of the raid and Rebus thinks they may have been tipped off and thinks that Jack may have been set up. When the MP's flamboyant wife disappears, only to be found murdered and a
This is a brilliant series that has really captured my attention. So much so that Ive read 4 of the books in a row. Ian Rankin is a talented Author and he really brings his characters to life. John Rebus the main character has many floors but once he gets his teeth into an investigation he never gives up. I also enjoy that there is more than one thing going on with the plot. Detective Inspector John Rebus must tread carefully around Gregor Jack when he starts to investigate the disappearance of


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.