Download Books His Dark Materials (His Dark Materials #1-3) Online

Share:
Download Books His Dark Materials (His Dark Materials #1-3) Online
His Dark Materials (His Dark Materials #1-3) Mass Market Paperback | Pages: 1088 pages
Rating: 4.26 | 137117 Users | 5029 Reviews

Identify Containing Books His Dark Materials (His Dark Materials #1-3)

Title:His Dark Materials (His Dark Materials #1-3)
Author:Philip Pullman
Book Format:Mass Market Paperback
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 1088 pages
Published:September 23rd 2003 by Laurel Leaf Library (first published November 2000)
Categories:Fiction. Historical. Historical Fiction. Cultural. Asia

Commentary In Pursuance Of Books His Dark Materials (His Dark Materials #1-3)

The Golden Compass, The Subtle Knife, and The Amber Spyglass are available together in one volume perfect for any fan or newcomer to this modern fantasy classic series.

These thrilling adventures tell the story of Lyra and Will—two ordinary children on a perilous journey through shimmering haunted otherworlds. They will meet witches and armored bears, fallen angels and soul-eating specters. And in the end, the fate of both the living—and the dead—will rely on them.

Phillip Pullman’s spellbinding His Dark Materials trilogy has captivated readers for over twenty years and won acclaim at every turn. It will have you questioning everything you know about your world and wondering what really lies just out of reach.

List Books As His Dark Materials (His Dark Materials #1-3)

Original Title: His Dark Materials: Northern Lights / The Subtle Knife / The Amber Spyglass
ISBN: 0440238609 (ISBN13: 9780440238607)
Edition Language: English
Series: His Dark Materials #1-3
Characters: Lyra Belacqua, Will Parry, Mary Malone, Pantalaimon, Lord Asriel, Iorek Byrnison, Iofur Raknison, Marisa Coulter, Lee Scoresby, Roger Parslow, Stanislaus Grumman, Serafina Pekkala
Setting: Oxford, England(United Kingdom)
Literary Awards: Literaturpreis der Jury der jungen Leser for Kinderbuch (2002)

Rating Containing Books His Dark Materials (His Dark Materials #1-3)
Ratings: 4.26 From 137117 Users | 5029 Reviews

Evaluation Containing Books His Dark Materials (His Dark Materials #1-3)
Northen's Lights: 5⭐The Subtle Knife: 5⭐The Amber Spyglass: still want to read that. I love the word "Spyglass" a lot, it has nice vintage secret society vibes, like A Series of Unfortunate Events

Could you imagine a story that weaves history, quantum physics, theology, cosmology, trepanning, shamanism, love and the seriousness of adolescence into a coherent narrative? I could not. Yet Phillip Pullman has done just that, and a world more. This wonderful trilogy will lead you along a most unlikely path through some of the biggest questions of life - in philosophy, religion, history, science, and not least literature. That it does so as a masterful, child-accessible and wholly engaging



So, this is a bind up of all three books in this series and it's a reread for me. I first read these when I was very young (maybe 11/12) and I remember absolutely loving them. This still remains true to this day and they are excellent books the second time through too. Also, being 10 years older now than when I first read it helped me to notice a lot more of the subtle references to religion, souls, sex, body image and so on. None of these were things I was even considering when I was young, but

Northern Lights / The Golden Compass - 12Nov164 starsBreathtaking and smart and utterly brilliant. Reading several of Pullman's interviews has made me decide to re/read the Chronicles of Narnia at some point in 2017; the misconception that His Dark Materials is a direct rebuttal of Narnia has interested me for years, and then to finally read this and hear from Pullman himself that it is NOT said rebuttal makes it that much more interesting. I love the idea of the church being the

Defenitely a winner! Normally this sort of fantasy books is not my cup of tea but I adored reading this book. The themes it handles are very grown-up (I don't understand how a child could understand all what is in the book). It never becomes trivial or laughable. Everyone thinks very logically. The plans are well taught over and everyone handles according to this plans. I don't know what to say more about the book. Just read it!

This is not a series I would have exposed my children to. If you choose to (and I'm sure many will) that is up to you. There is a deal of indoctrination here, or if you consider the Narnia series indoctrination then maybe you won't use that term in this case. It's all I suppose in the eye of the beholder. So up to the parent, or if we're talking adults then, the reader.(view spoiler)[I gave a spoiler warning in case you don't want to read farther. This series is basically a set of books where

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.