Download Books Ishmael (Ishmael #1) Online Free

Share:

Mention Books During Ishmael (Ishmael #1)

Original Title: Ishmael Or, In the Depths
ISBN: 1584741171
Edition Language: English
Series: Ishmael #1
Download Books Ishmael (Ishmael #1) Online Free
Ishmael (Ishmael #1) Leather Bound | Pages: 523 pages
Rating: 4.37 | 696 Users | 71 Reviews

Details Epithetical Books Ishmael (Ishmael #1)

Title:Ishmael (Ishmael #1)
Author:E.D.E.N. Southworth
Book Format:Leather Bound
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 523 pages
Published:2005 by Lamplighter Publishing (first published 1850)
Categories:Fiction. Classics. Historical. Historical Fiction. Christian Fiction. Christian

Commentary Concering Books Ishmael (Ishmael #1)

You will never read a story that is more inspiring and challenging than Ishmael. The heights of success achieved by this young man reveal little of the utter poverty into which he was born. He entered life motherless and poor, and despite the wishes of everyone around, he survived and flourished in his paltry environment. His commitment to character and integrity and his singular focus on preserving his mother’s name gave his life focus and purpose. His perseverance and determination to educate himself in law gave him the opportunity to infl uence the highest levels of government. E.D.E.N. Southworth captures the rich panorama of sights and sounds in rural Maryland in the decades prior to the Civil War. When you reach the end, don’t despair —the drama continues in the sequel, Self Raised!

Rating Epithetical Books Ishmael (Ishmael #1)
Ratings: 4.37 From 696 Users | 71 Reviews

Article Epithetical Books Ishmael (Ishmael #1)
well written interesting story, but has issues with racism. It's sad because her views would have been progressive at the time, but today this book may be too offensive for many to read which will drive them away from an otherwise good story.

This book will always be one of my favorite books, and It will never cease to warm my heart. The first time I read it, I was completely enthralled. I had never been so pulled into the story by the characters. Ishmael is....simply...amazing. His story is sooo sad, and his innocent heart makes it even worse. I read the book in like two days and then read it at least 6 times after that. When I heard there was a sequel I went crazy. I could have more of Ishmael??? Yay! The sequel wasn't as good as

How is this not a more famous book? Or E.D.E.N Southworth not a more famous author? The book's hero too noble or the author's Christianity too apparent, perhaps? Nevertheless, this story is so fascinating and well-told and its hero's goodness and industry so affecting, that the book is very hard to put down once opened. Written and set in antebellum Maryland and Washington , D.C., it is easy to see why Ms. Southworth could have been considered the best storyteller of her time, or, if she was

I have a very early edition of this book that belonged to my mother. Inside the book was a preface that really intrigued me, and I want to share an excerpt from it. This is in reference to the main character: "His identity will be recognized by those who were familiar with his early personalized history; but for obvious reasons his real name must be veiled under a fictitious one here". There is more in the preface but this statement piqued my interest and gave me a challenge to research. I think

What a terrible disappointment... after a very slow start the book became interesting and yet ended abruptly without any resolution... to be continued in a sequel. Really 523 pages and she couldn't wrap up the story? Even worse the only admirable character who is without fault throughout the entire novel falls in the end? I feel robbed.

persevereverb (used without object)to persist in anything undertaken; maintain a purpose in spite of difficulty, obstacles, or discouragement; continue steadfastly.Perseverance is probably one of the hardest qualities for a person to develop, and it yet it is also one of the most rewarding. With enough perseverance, greatness can be achieved, no matter what circumstances, obstacles or hardships stand in in the way. It is this quality that stands at the center of E. D. E. N. Southworth's 1876

What a wonderful book and fabulous story! The characters, were lovable, varied, and intriguing... Ishmael especially.I love to find a really good - an almost-unfailingly so - kind of hero, that's not annoyingly good in some overblown manner. Ishmael is very much the soul of integrity in this book, but is a compelling and very likable protagonist. His rise from obscurity through relentless perseverance, hard work, and unfailing honesty is admirable and an exemplary pattern to follow. As for the

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.