Download Books Online Being and Nothingness Free

Share:

Identify Books As Being and Nothingness

Original Title: L'être et le néant
ISBN: 0415278481 (ISBN13: 9780415278485)
Edition Language: English
Download Books Online Being and Nothingness  Free
Being and Nothingness Paperback | Pages: 688 pages
Rating: 3.96 | 25225 Users | 390 Reviews

Define Regarding Books Being and Nothingness

Title:Being and Nothingness
Author:Jean-Paul Sartre
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 688 pages
Published:August 28th 2003 by Routledge (first published 1943)
Categories:Philosophy. Nonfiction. Classics. Cultural. France

Commentary Toward Books Being and Nothingness

Being & Nothingness is without doubt one of the most significant philosophical books of the 20th century. The central work by one of the century's most influential thinkers, it altered the course of western philosophy. Its revolutionary approach challenged all previous assumptions about the individual's relationship with the world. Known as 'the Bible of existentialism', its impact on culture & literature was immediate & was felt worldwide, from the absurdist drama of Samuel Beckett to the soul-searching cries of the Beat poets.
Being & Nothingness is one of those rare books whose influence has affected the mindset of subsequent generations. Seventy years after its 1st publication, its message remains as potent as ever--challenging readers to confront the fundamental dilemmas of human freedom, choice, responsibility & action.

Rating Regarding Books Being and Nothingness
Ratings: 3.96 From 25225 Users | 390 Reviews

Evaluate Regarding Books Being and Nothingness
(Update Jan. 2015) I am beginning 2015 by rereading one of my all time favorite books for the 15th time, this time in the original language. It is about time. When I say read it in the original language it is more like a first- or third-grader sort of doping out a newspaper article that is too advanced for him. I know some of the words. I know the English translation so well that I have a good Idea of what is passing before my eyes. But it isn't really reading in the usual sense.I am studying



Reading being and nothingness, I got the sense Jean-Paul Sartre was trying to impress everybody by writing an unreadable book. He could sum up the entire book in three pages, an empty page on being and nothingness, one page on bad faith, and one page on the look. 800 pages, the guy had a huge ego. I understand why philosophers consider jean-Paul Sartre overrated, some call him an asshole, I agree. I could say Jean-Paul Sartre is in bad faith, trying to be a philosopher, he was not a philosopher.

Instead of reading this book I would strongly suggest watching the "No Exit" with Harold Pinter available on youtube written by Sartre. It illustrates a large part of his philosophy of the Other, the Look and the self. And, you'll get a hint on why Sartre doesn't work today. In addition, my favorite phrase ever and the one that I make as my own comes from that play "l'enfer c'est les autres" (hell, is others), and my second favorite is "vous ete mon bourreau" (you are my torturer). I think the

The problem i have with Sartre is he have conclusion before even exploring the topic. He only explore it to affirm his conclusion.Whether it be nausea or no exit whatever his idea(conclusion) he only explore it to conclude an imaginary cul-de-sac!

I want to make clear that my rating only expresses my enjoyment of the book and not my respect for the impact it had on Western Thought.

dear reader,character limit!REVIEW:where do you even begin?first of all: the common subtitle "a phenomenological essay on ontology" is incorrectly translated from the french, and should read "an essay on phenomenological ontology."undoubtedly one of the most significant books of the 20th century, and of modern history itself.significant ideas:1. being-in-itself: matter, existence, the world, the chair, the table, the tree. undifferentiated in itself, without essence, naked, stark, overwhelming,

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.