The Off Season (Dairy Queen #2) 
This hilarious, heartbreaking and triumphant sequel to the critically acclaimed Dairy Queen takes D.J. and all the Schwenks from Labor Day to a Thanksgiving football game that you will never forget.
Five stars: Another hilarious adventure with an unforgettable, spunky heroine, whom I adore. Life is going well for DJ. She is playing on the football team, hanging out with Brian, not spending her days milking cows and she is happy. Then things go down hill quickly, DJ hurts her shoulder, she finds out the farm is almost bankrupt, Brian disses her in front of his friends and then the unthinkable happens. Her brother, Win, is seriously hurt playing football. Once again, DJ must put on her big
This one had all the charm of the first book and more. The family takes center stage in this one, when one of DJs brothers is hurt playing football. The way the family was there for each other really touched my heart. I will definitely be reading the third book, because I need some closure on this DJ/Brian arc. BLOG|INSTAGRAM|BLOGLOVIN| FRIEND ME ON GOODREADS

The book I read was The Off Season by Catherine Gilbert Murdock. This book was about this girl name D.J. Schwenk who originally was on the volleyball team, but then decided to play football. She thought she will just sit on the bench. Once the season started she realized she would be a starting player and a very important aspect to the team. She has this huge crush on Brian Nelson who was also on the football team. And whenever he needs to describe some horrifically disgusting injury, he has
The Off Season is a solid follow up to Dairy Queen. We follow D.J. Schwenk into her junior year of high school as she continues to balance school, family demands and of course Brian Nelson. In Dairy Queen D.J. spent a lot of time figuring out who she is and who she wants to be. In this second installment D.J. applies the knowledge she learned over the summer. The Off Season resolves a lot of issues left up in the air at the end of Dairy Queen and shows even more what a motivated, hardworking,
Fresh, fun, and D.J. learns some tough life lessons...I am so enthralled with this series. The voice, the characters, I can't get enough of it. Everyone needs to give this series a try...it would really surprise you. ♥ That's the thing: when I say that I was skimming along, it didn't have anything to do with the milk house or doing so well in school, or even winning all those football games and feeling like I was really part of the team. It really meant just being crazy in love with Brian
Rating: 4.5 Stars I swear, this series just keeps getting better and better. The Off Season is an incredible follow-up to Dairy Queen and if I wasn't impressed by Murdock's first novel, she's definitely made a fan out of me now. I loved this one! It was realistic, strong, and moved me beyond words. It was a much more gut-wrenching read this time around and I felt like giving D.J. a hug on so many counts. If Dairy Queen is the steady climb to a better life, of realizing the flaws in life
Catherine Gilbert Murdock
Hardcover | Pages: 277 pages Rating: 3.93 | 11036 Users | 902 Reviews

Mention Books In Pursuance Of The Off Season (Dairy Queen #2)
| Original Title: | The Off Season |
| ISBN: | 0618686959 (ISBN13: 9780618686957) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Dairy Queen #2 |
| Characters: | D.J. Schwenk, Curtis Schwenk, Brian Nelson, Amber Schneider, Kari Jorgensen, Beaner Halstaad, Dale Wagner, Bill Schwenk, Win Schwenk, Aaron Johnson |
| Setting: | Red Bend, Wisconsin(United States) |
Relation Toward Books The Off Season (Dairy Queen #2)
Life is looking up for D.J. Schwenk. She’s in eleventh grade, finally. After a rocky summer, she’s reconnecting in a big way with her best friend, Amber. She’s got kind of a thing going with Brian Nelson, who’s cute and popular and smart but seems to like her anyway. And then there’s the fact she’s starting for the Red Bend High School football team—the first girl linebacker in northern Wisconsin, probably. Which just shows you can’t predict the future. As autumn progresses, D.J. struggles to understand Amber, Schwenk Farm, her relationship with Brian, and most of all her family. As a whole herd of trouble comes her way, she discovers she’s a lot stronger than she—or anyone—ever thought.This hilarious, heartbreaking and triumphant sequel to the critically acclaimed Dairy Queen takes D.J. and all the Schwenks from Labor Day to a Thanksgiving football game that you will never forget.
Details Regarding Books The Off Season (Dairy Queen #2)
| Title | : | The Off Season (Dairy Queen #2) |
| Author | : | Catherine Gilbert Murdock |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | Special Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 277 pages |
| Published | : | June 4th 2007 by HMH Books for Young Readers (first published May 22nd 2007) |
| Categories | : | Young Adult. Sports. Contemporary. Realistic Fiction. Romance |
Rating Regarding Books The Off Season (Dairy Queen #2)
Ratings: 3.93 From 11036 Users | 902 ReviewsEvaluate Regarding Books The Off Season (Dairy Queen #2)
During a football game D.J.'s brother is badly injured so she goes to help take care of him. While takign care of him, she tries to balance school work, her responsibilities on the farm, basketball, and her relationship with Brian. Once she gets home, things don't really get any better.Five stars: Another hilarious adventure with an unforgettable, spunky heroine, whom I adore. Life is going well for DJ. She is playing on the football team, hanging out with Brian, not spending her days milking cows and she is happy. Then things go down hill quickly, DJ hurts her shoulder, she finds out the farm is almost bankrupt, Brian disses her in front of his friends and then the unthinkable happens. Her brother, Win, is seriously hurt playing football. Once again, DJ must put on her big
This one had all the charm of the first book and more. The family takes center stage in this one, when one of DJs brothers is hurt playing football. The way the family was there for each other really touched my heart. I will definitely be reading the third book, because I need some closure on this DJ/Brian arc. BLOG|INSTAGRAM|BLOGLOVIN| FRIEND ME ON GOODREADS

The book I read was The Off Season by Catherine Gilbert Murdock. This book was about this girl name D.J. Schwenk who originally was on the volleyball team, but then decided to play football. She thought she will just sit on the bench. Once the season started she realized she would be a starting player and a very important aspect to the team. She has this huge crush on Brian Nelson who was also on the football team. And whenever he needs to describe some horrifically disgusting injury, he has
The Off Season is a solid follow up to Dairy Queen. We follow D.J. Schwenk into her junior year of high school as she continues to balance school, family demands and of course Brian Nelson. In Dairy Queen D.J. spent a lot of time figuring out who she is and who she wants to be. In this second installment D.J. applies the knowledge she learned over the summer. The Off Season resolves a lot of issues left up in the air at the end of Dairy Queen and shows even more what a motivated, hardworking,
Fresh, fun, and D.J. learns some tough life lessons...I am so enthralled with this series. The voice, the characters, I can't get enough of it. Everyone needs to give this series a try...it would really surprise you. ♥ That's the thing: when I say that I was skimming along, it didn't have anything to do with the milk house or doing so well in school, or even winning all those football games and feeling like I was really part of the team. It really meant just being crazy in love with Brian
Rating: 4.5 Stars I swear, this series just keeps getting better and better. The Off Season is an incredible follow-up to Dairy Queen and if I wasn't impressed by Murdock's first novel, she's definitely made a fan out of me now. I loved this one! It was realistic, strong, and moved me beyond words. It was a much more gut-wrenching read this time around and I felt like giving D.J. a hug on so many counts. If Dairy Queen is the steady climb to a better life, of realizing the flaws in life


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.