Download Free The Way of the Warrior (Young Samurai #1) Audio Books

Share:
Download Free The Way of the Warrior (Young Samurai #1) Audio Books
The Way of the Warrior (Young Samurai #1) Hardcover | Pages: 368 pages
Rating: 4.22 | 6474 Users | 465 Reviews

Identify Books Concering The Way of the Warrior (Young Samurai #1)

Original Title: The Way of the Warrior
ISBN: 1423118715 (ISBN13: 9781423118718)
Edition Language: English URL http://www.youngsamurai.com/site/YOUN/Templates/General.aspx?pageid=164&cc=GB
Series: Young Samurai #1
Characters: Jon, Jack Fletcher (Young Samurai), Masamoto Takeshi, Masamoto Tenno, Ginsel, Bosun
Literary Awards: Carnegie Medal Nominee (2009)

Chronicle In Favor Of Books The Way of the Warrior (Young Samurai #1)

August 1611. Jack Fletcher is shipwrecked off the coast of Japan - his beloved father and the crew lie slaughtered by ninja pirates.

Rescued by the legendary sword master Masamoto Takeshi, Jack's only hope is to become a samurai warrior. And so his training begins.

But life at the samurai school is a constant fight for survival. Even with his friend Akiko by his side, Jack is singled out by bullies and treated as an outcast.

With courage in his heart and his sword held high, can Jack prove himself and face his deadliest rival yet?

Point Of Books The Way of the Warrior (Young Samurai #1)

Title:The Way of the Warrior (Young Samurai #1)
Author:Chris Bradford
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 368 pages
Published:March 3rd 2009 by Hyperion Book CH (first published August 8th 2008)
Categories:Historical. Historical Fiction. Fantasy. Young Adult. Adventure. Cultural. Japan. Fiction

Rating Of Books The Way of the Warrior (Young Samurai #1)
Ratings: 4.22 From 6474 Users | 465 Reviews

Judge Of Books The Way of the Warrior (Young Samurai #1)
Great book, an epic story. I bought this for my 9 year old son who has a tast for reading. As soon as he finished it he immediately asked for the next book. When he sprinted through that one as well I thought I should see what the book is about. Growing up in the 80 with movies like American Ninja (the fact that Jack Fletcher is British simply made the book better for me), the book did have a bit of a nostalgic feel to it. However I did not think that the story have such a high level of

This book was okay. Not really my thing, I think.Objectively, the plot was interesting, but I personally wasn't that interested in it. I found the characters flat and typical most of the time, bordering on annoying, there were lots of actions scenes just written as a list of, well, actions which took any and all excitement out of them. I suppose if you're a kid (the target audience for the book) it's exciting to read about what samurai are doing in training, with every single minuscule movement

I have a thing for ninjas okay. So this was cool. Also Japanese samurai and swords and a guy who was some sort of version of Yoda and yes. I enjoyed this.You could say that it was a slight copy off some other stories - Star Wars, Harry Potter, Karate Kid - but to be honest I liked it anyway and didn't really mind any of those elements. The main character was quite interesting, but my favourites were probably two of the side characters. Their character arcs were better and heaps more interesting

Okay, so the Young Samurai is Harry Potter with an historical setting and a couple hundred fewer pages. YA readers won't care. The story is every adventure loving kid's fantasy. Set in Shogun era Japan of the late 1500's, Jack is a rigging monkey on his father's ship. When the ship is attacked by pirates, Jack ends up in the Sea of Japan, is rescued by a samurai and sent to an elite samurai training sshool. Of course, it turns out the pirate attack wasn't random, Jack has something the pirates

In the year 1611, a young boy named Jack is on board a ship with his father, searching for new land. But ninjas clamber aboard the ship in search of valuable objects and kill his crew and father. Jack is saved by the legendary samurai warrior Masamoto who adopts him. There he is taken to samurai school where he will have to learn to defend himself against Masamoto's jealous son, Yamato. But with his friend Akiko and quiet companion Yori, Jack is able to fit in at the samurai school and master



I thought it was a good book. It is one where you have to finish once you start reading. The only reason I'm not giving this 5 stars is because after reading a couple reviews on this book, I came across one that accuses Bradford of plagiarizing. It seems like that accusation has some truth to it, so my opinion of the book was lowered. (In case you are wondering, the book that Bradford supposedly plagiarized was called Shogun by James Clavell. A good book, just unfortunate that it might not

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.