Download Gulliver's Travels and Other Writings Books For Free

Share:

Details Books To Gulliver's Travels and Other Writings

Original Title: Gulliver's Travels and Other Writings
ISBN: 080851959X (ISBN13: 9780808519591)
Edition Language: English
Download Gulliver's Travels and Other Writings  Books For Free
Gulliver's Travels and Other Writings Hardcover | Pages: 0 pages
Rating: 3.84 | 5389 Users | 66 Reviews

Define Of Books Gulliver's Travels and Other Writings

Title:Gulliver's Travels and Other Writings
Author:Jonathan Swift
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 0 pages
Published:September 1st 1984 by Turtleback Books (first published November 1962)
Categories:Fantasy. Classics. Literature. Fiction. Academic. School. Cultural. Ireland. Politics

Chronicle In Favor Of Books Gulliver's Travels and Other Writings

Ted Danson reads the official tie-in to Hallmark Entertainments NBC-TV television event!
Imagine the greatest adventure of all time....
Rediscover the immortal story of Lemuel Gulliver and his fantastic voyage. Join him on his journey to the land of the six-inch-high Lilliputians...and into the royal court of the sixty-foot-tall Brobdingnagians. Ascend with him to the flying island of Laputa, whose inhabitants are endowed with uncommon intelligence, but no common sense at all. And follow him into the world of the Houyhnhnms, a race of civilized horses -- lords and masters of the brutish human Yahoos. The tale of a lifetime, "Gulliver's Travels" is filled with action, romance, danger, satirical wit, timeless wisdom, and the high drama only a classic of this caliber can convey. Set sail!

Rating Of Books Gulliver's Travels and Other Writings
Ratings: 3.84 From 5389 Users | 66 Reviews

Discuss Of Books Gulliver's Travels and Other Writings
A Bantam pb from 1962, reprint 1981. Some of this stuff was written in 1697. Its ôld. Into the gutter left and right about two-letters worth of a span are nearly illegible. But for fifty coppers, I knew what I was getting. One makes due. And plans for a better annotated, more nicely bound edition in ones future.The first piece, popularly known as Gullivers Travels, I have failed to review elsewhere. I hesitate to link to that Review knowing that such appearance of self-promotion is and ought to

I read this years ago too, but I still remember a lot of it. ;-)

This is an interesting story of a man traveling and meeting people SO different from himself. It is difficult to read ... the language is a bit unusual, but mostly it's just the writing style is hard to follow. In honesty, while I read the entire book, I'm not sure I really "got" it all. And I'm sure there is some deeper symbolism that I didn't even begin to uncover. Might be worth another read sometime down the road.

It's a wonderful book. At first, I didn't like it but that was because I was reading it as an adventure book and not as a satire. This book is a satire criticizing scientists, philosophers and the politicians of then England. AMAZING!

This is just a review of Gulliver's Travels.There are two ways to read this book: 1, as satire, and 2, as a fantasy/travel story. If I was living in 18th century Britain, I'm sure I would appreciate all the little jabs and bits of satire found within it. Unfortunately I do not, so I was only able to understand and appreciate a small amount of the wit.Thus, I read it purely as a fictional narrative, which is simply what it is not meant to be. You get very little sense of who the narrator is as a

What high adventure. Maybe I was Gulliver in my youth. I certainly had an adventure.🐯👍

has a collection of Swift's poems+ politically incorrect, "A Tale of a Tub." "A Description of the Morning" (1709) by Jonathan SwiftNow hardly here and there a hackney-coachAppearing, showed the ruddy morn's approach.Now Betty from her master's bed had flown,And softly stole to discompose her own.The slipshod prentice from his Master's door,Had par'd the dirt, and sprinkled round the floor.Now Moll had whirl'd her mop with dext'rous airs,Prepar'd to scrub the entry and the stairs.The youth with

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.