Download The Idiot Books For Free

Share:

Mention Out Of Books The Idiot

Title:The Idiot
Author:Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 667 pages
Published:April 8th 2003 by Modern Library (first published 1869)
Categories:Fiction. Historical. Historical Fiction. Womens Fiction. Chick Lit. American. Southern. Young Adult. Coming Of Age. Adult Fiction. Audiobook
Download The Idiot  Books For Free
The Idiot Paperback | Pages: 667 pages
Rating: 4.18 | 120702 Users | 4664 Reviews

Description Toward Books The Idiot

Returning to Russia from a sanitarium in Switzerland, the Christ-like epileptic Prince Myshkin finds himself enmeshed in a tangle of love, torn between two women—the notorious kept woman Nastasya and the pure Aglaia—both involved, in turn, with the corrupt, money-hungry Ganya. In the end, Myshkin’s honesty, goodness, and integrity are shown to be unequal to the moral emptiness of those around him. In her revision of the Garnett translation, Anna Brailovsky has corrected inaccuracies wrought by Garnett’s drastic anglicization of the novel, restoring as much as possible the syntactical structure of the original story.

Be Specific About Books In Favor Of The Idiot

Original Title: Идиот
ISBN: 0679642420 (ISBN13: 9780679642428)
Edition Language: English
Characters: Prince Myshkin, Nastasya Filippovna, Rogozhin
Setting: St. Petersburg, Russia

Rating Out Of Books The Idiot
Ratings: 4.18 From 120702 Users | 4664 Reviews

Comment On Out Of Books The Idiot
A Prince Among Men"The humor of Dostoyevsky is the humor of a bar loafer who ties a kettle to a dog's tail." W. Somerset Maugham, A Writer's NotebookPrince Myshkin, this novel's protagonist, immediately came to mind when I recently heard the phrase "a prince among men," well after having read this a few years back.What happens when you drop into higher society a man with a title but an illness that took him away to Switzerland for all his youth? Dostoevsky wanted to write a novel that answered

Did I ever think a day would come for me to say that I was disappointed in a work by Dostoevsky? A month ago I would have laughed at the very thought. But a month later, I'm not laughing any more. I'm shocked to find that it is possible. If it is possible to break your heart over a literary disappointment, I should say that I am brokenhearted. At present I'm nursing my wound, so maybe this is not the right time to write a review. But at the same time I feel that if I do not write now, I never

A Russian Don Quixote?In mid-19th century Russia when Dostoyevsky wrote The Idiot, it was the heyday of the thoughts of the Slavophiles who suggested a dichotomy between Russia and the West, the former being more spiritual, pure, and harmonious, the latter being more material, unfaithful, and cynical. In The Idiot, Dostoyevsky portrayed a dichotomy within Russia itself. Myshkin, the Idiot and simultaneously a man of great intelligence, is distinguished from the Russian society. Even though

THE IDIOT: THE JOURNEY FROM RESURRECTION TO CRUCIFIXION I am selective in reading novels, particularly long ones, and I dither to dip my head into middling ones even if they offer some interesting perspectives on life, history or storytelling. I was wary when started reading The Idiot , since the drama spans over 660 pages. Having read the work, my feeling is Give me another 600 pages of this signature! The Idiot has made deep imprint in my psyche and I am sure it is going to stay with me

If Raskolnikov was the charismatic murderer whose side I took despite myself when he killed an old woman out of greed and broke down psychologically afterwards, Prince Myshkin is the supposedly good, childlike Christ figure whom I failed to like at all. Just do make it clear from the beginning: I liked the novel just as much as Crime and Punishment and Notes from Underground, and I found it just as compulsively readable. The cast of characters is magnificent. My sole problem is the character of

If you're into stuff like this, you can read the full review.Hysterical Melodrama: "The Idiot" by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Constance Garnett (Translator), Alan Myers (Translator), Joseph Frank (Introduction), Anna Brailovsky (Translator)I'd like to suggest that reading choice, at all ages, resembles a vortex. One's favourite books and authors swirl round, and are re-read (I've always been a great re-reader). New books are sucked in to join the vortex, and some of the favourites gradually sink down,

Ive been trying to review this book for over a week now, but I cant. Im struggling with something: How do I review a Russian literature classic? Better yet, how do I review a Russian literature classic without sounding like a total dumbass? (Hint: Its probably not going to happen.)First I suppose a short plot synopsis should be in order: The Idiot portrays young, childlike Prince Myshkin, who returns to his native Russia to seek out distant relatives after he has spent several years in a Swiss

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.