Download The Indian Bride (Konrad Sejer #5) Books Online

Share:

List Books As The Indian Bride (Konrad Sejer #5)

Original Title: Elskede Poona
ISBN: 0151011826 (ISBN13: 9780151011827)
Edition Language: English
Series: Konrad Sejer #5
Characters: Konrad Sejer, Jacob Skarre, Gunder Jomann, Poona Bai
Setting: Norway India
Literary Awards: Brageprisen for Open Category - Crime and Thriller (2000), Los Angeles Times Book Prize for Mystery/Thriller (2007)
Download The Indian Bride (Konrad Sejer #5) Books Online
The Indian Bride (Konrad Sejer #5) Hardcover | Pages: 297 pages
Rating: 3.8 | 6390 Users | 611 Reviews

Narrative Toward Books The Indian Bride (Konrad Sejer #5)

When perpetual bachelor Gunder Jomann goes to India for two weeks and comes home married, the town of Elvestad is stunned. On the day the Indian bride is supposed to arrive, the battered body of a woman is found in a meadow on the outskirts of town. None of the "good people of Elvestad" can believe that anyone among them would be capable of such a brutal murder. But in his quiet, formal way, Inspector Konrad Sejer understands that good people can commit atrocious deeds, and that no one is altogether innocent—including the café owner who knows too much, the girl who wants to be a chief witness, and the bodybuilder with no outlet for his terrible strength.

Another brilliantly conceived, dark novel from one of Europe’s most successful crime writers.

Describe Based On Books The Indian Bride (Konrad Sejer #5)

Title:The Indian Bride (Konrad Sejer #5)
Author:Karin Fossum
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 297 pages
Published:July 2nd 2007 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (first published 2000)
Categories:Mystery. Crime. Fiction. European Literature. Scandinavian Literature. Thriller

Rating Based On Books The Indian Bride (Konrad Sejer #5)
Ratings: 3.8 From 6390 Users | 611 Reviews

Criticism Based On Books The Indian Bride (Konrad Sejer #5)
This Fossum's book doesn't contain the suspence that the scandinavian crime literature has used used us to. It doesn't the tension of "who did it". On the other hand though, it has some positive characteristics. One of them is the beautiful description of the landscape. Especially of the place where the crime was commited.Another worth mentioning trait of the book is the description of the psychology of the people who happen to live in close society, where the secrets ( and even the personal

I have to admit a tiny tear escaped my eye on the last page of The Indian Bride. A 50-something Norwegian tractor salesman, goodnatured and a bit of a simpleton, goes to India to procure himself a wife. She flies to Norway but he can't meet her at the airport due to unforeseen circumstances, whereupon she is violently killed in a field. Near the end of the book her Indian brother comes to Norway to claim her body, and brings with him a letter she has written him explaining why she married this

Dang, this author has so much potential. I loved the descriptive detail and got into the characters, especially in the first half of the book. Unfortunately, I started getting impatient wanting it to end. Then, the story line fell apart.

4.5 stars. This is my first book by this author and I loved it. I like a lot of Scandinavian mysteries/psychological thrillers and this is no exception. There is a lot of ambiguity, almost as though there is more than one truth. I look forward to my next one by this author!

I plan on giving all of my Karin Fossum reviews the same statement because I don't even want the hint of a spoiler on this woman's fantastic work. Fossum's writing gave me my love of Scandanavian mystery writers and I seek those writings out. Hands down,though, Fossum's work is the best I have come across so far.

More, more! Must immediately seek out her other books. I loved the Norwegian, small-town sensibility. And I loved that she demands you be a close reader. Without a close read, I think you will not enjoy the ending. It is not just a detective novel, but a character study. Lovely.

When will I learn not to rent audios for Nordic crime fiction? I hope that Im not ethnocentric, but I couldnt keep the foreign sounding names for these Norwegian characters (and towns) straight in my head. I became frustrated, which diminished my enjoyment of this story. Ive no doubt that it is a better novel that my rating indicates.

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.