Download ഖസാക്കിന്റെ ഇതിഹാസം | Khasakkinte Ithihasam Books Online

Share:

Mention Regarding Books ഖസാക്കിന്റെ ഇതിഹാസം | Khasakkinte Ithihasam

Title:ഖസാക്കിന്റെ ഇതിഹാസം | Khasakkinte Ithihasam
Author:O.V. Vijayan
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 164 pages
Published:August 1990 by DC Books (first published November 12th 1969)
Categories:Fiction. Cultural. India. Classics
Download ഖസാക്കിന്റെ ഇതിഹാസം | Khasakkinte Ithihasam  Books Online
ഖസാക്കിന്റെ ഇതിഹാസം | Khasakkinte Ithihasam Paperback | Pages: 164 pages
Rating: 4.09 | 6006 Users | 337 Reviews

Narrative Supposing Books ഖസാക്കിന്റെ ഇതിഹാസം | Khasakkinte Ithihasam

The English language has a word that can aptly summarize this book : Magic . Amidst these pages is sketched a portrait of a place named Khasak. A sleepy hamlet isolated from the relatively bustling town of Palakkadu in northern Kerala is Khasak. Guarded by the brooding & enigmatic palms the little village is inhabited by men & women who stand apart from most of the cliches.

To say that I loved the landscape of this tale would be an understatement. Even seven years after my first read, I can think back and listen to the wind moaning, howling or raging among the palm fronds. I can visualise the isolated house by the pond where the female character of Maimuna stayed. I can visualise the village simpleton Appukili wandering the hillsides looking for dragon flies and many such vivid and lively images. Yes, it is profoundly visual and the marks it left on my mind will not be erased for years to come.

It is a tale of a journey both in the physical and spiritual self of a man Ravi. Running away from being smothered in shame, he finds refuge in this most unlikely of places and meets human beings beyond his comprehension. The author took 12 years to complete this work and it went on to become a landmark in Malayalam literature. Little wonder though for very few people I know have been left unmoved by the landscape of Khasak.

There is another snippet of memory that resurfaced as I was keying in this review. There was an award winning news photographer by the name of Victor George in Kerala. Victor's greatest dream was to capture in his frames the landscape that the author immortalized through his words. Alas, Victor while on an assignment was claimed by a landslide a few years ago. I still wonder how beautiful those images would have been. Peace be to you Victor !

Define Books Concering ഖസാക്കിന്റെ ഇതിഹാസം | Khasakkinte Ithihasam

Original Title: ഖസാക്കിന്റെ ഇതിഹാസം
ISBN: 8171301266 (ISBN13: 9788171301263)
Edition Language: Malayalam
Characters: Ravi, Sivarman Nair, Appukkili, Maimuna, Allappicha Mollakka, khaliyar, Padma
Setting: Khasak
Literary Awards: Odakkuzhal Award (1970)


Rating Regarding Books ഖസാക്കിന്റെ ഇതിഹാസം | Khasakkinte Ithihasam
Ratings: 4.09 From 6006 Users | 337 Reviews

Criticize Regarding Books ഖസാക്കിന്റെ ഇതിഹാസം | Khasakkinte Ithihasam
'Njangalku vazhi kanichu taruka,avar paranju. Avarude kannukal kalanjitu tirichuvaran ayaalavarodu paranju..' Even though this is the story of common men in day-to-day life,I'll call this a fable because all the characters seemed to be talking in multidimensions. It was a bit difficult reading it because of the language,but I got used to it as I turned pages. I tried to talk like Appukkili out of curiosity. I sympathized with Padma when she asks Ravi whether he is not coming back. I felt like

Oh god! At last I can picturize the village Khasak and the characters in the novel. When I was reading first time, I am familiar with the Malabar Muslim colloquial language. But I didn't understand the novel. Second time, know little bit of Tamil too, still I couldn't follow the novel, also I thought why the author used such a complicated poetic Malayalam. But I didn't give up. I know the author took 12 years to write this book so I have given a third chance. While reading third time the book

A book which is entirely food for thought. Honestly, the language style used in the book was a hard nut for me.A decade and some years that took to write this novel is very well spent, is what I should be saying.It sure shed in depth information about life in that era, though the place and characters are mostly mythical.I can't explain it in simple terms, you have to experience it. it has lot to tell you, yet it'll leave a lot for you to tinker, and analyse over and over...

The most beautiful book I have read. Khasak is heavily poetic, often heartbreaking but overall a magical ode to the tiny Indian hamlet. The imagery is so rich and the writing so fine that this is like reading a book with pictures. Vijayan's take on Marxism, religion, spirituality among many other ideas are laid bare against this wonderful backdrop.Ravi, a young educated teacher, comes to Khasak- an awfully tiny (fictional) village near Palakkad (Palghat), to set up a school. His experiences with

Great Work..................A very beautiful representation of intense human relationship of khasak people.The surprise ending also makes me more and more addicted towards this novel.This is a type of novel when we gets different feelings as we reads this at different times.

100 Years of Solitude in Khasak

A book which portrays the soul of the villages of Kerala. Filled with every character you'd expect to find in a village... The same communist struggles, religious conflicts, legends, myths, rituals all packed up into a single book that beautifully traverses through the life of the protagonist who is school teacher. The book enchants in its own way and the characters linger in our heart and mind for a while... It feels like you have just listened to a nostalgic melody that was forgotten for a

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.