Details About Books Princess Ben
| Title | : | Princess Ben |
| Author | : | Catherine Gilbert Murdock |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | First Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 344 pages |
| Published | : | March 18th 2008 by HMH Books for Young Readers |
| Categories | : | Fantasy. Young Adult. Fairy Tales. Romance. Fiction. Magic |

Catherine Gilbert Murdock
Hardcover | Pages: 344 pages Rating: 3.75 | 17568 Users | 1327 Reviews
Chronicle Toward Books Princess Ben
"My gown suited me as well as I could ever hope, though I could not but envy the young ladies who would attract the honest compliments of the night. My bodice did not plunge as dramatically as some, and no man--no man I would ever want to meet, surely--could fit his hands round my waist. What I lacked in beauty I would simply have to earn with charm..."Benevolence is not your typical princess--and Princess Ben is certainly not your typical fairy tale.
With her parents lost to assassins, Princess Ben ends up under the thumb of the conniving Queen Sophia. Starved and miserable, locked in the castle's highest tower, Ben stumbles upon a mysterious enchanted room. So begins her secret education in the magical arts: mastering an obstinate flying broomstick, furtively emptying the castle's pantries, setting her hair on fire... But Ben's private adventures are soon overwhelmed by a mortal threat to her kingdom. Can Ben save the country and herself from tyranny?
Specify Books To Princess Ben
| Original Title: | Princess Ben: Being a Wholly Truthful Account of Her Various Discoveries and Misadventures, Recounted to the Best of Her Recollection, in Four Parts |
| ISBN: | 0618959718 (ISBN13: 9780618959716) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Characters: | Princess Benevolence, Prince Florian, Queen Sophia, Lady Beatrix |
| Setting: | Montagne |
| Literary Awards: | South Carolina Book Award Nominee for Young Adult Book Award (2011) |
Rating About Books Princess Ben
Ratings: 3.75 From 17568 Users | 1327 ReviewsEvaluation About Books Princess Ben
After reading Dairy Queen and The Off Season by this same author I really had no idea what to expect in this book. The transition to fantasy seemed easy. I still enjoyed this book after the second time I read it. I like Ben and enjoyed seeing her grow from a self-pitying but soft-hearted girl to a determined ruler.I've always liked fairy-tales and if anything this book has made me like them even more. Ben is a dynamic protagonist. She was not raised as a real princess so she is more relatable.Started to write this here and realized it was developed enough to be worth posting on my blog. So here is my post:Ive read, loved, studied, and taught fairy tales all my life. Every three years I co-teach a graduate school fairy tale course and, since 1990, Ive been doing a Cinderella unit with my fourth graders. So Im always interested in new versions of these old tales as well as original ones. At the same time, because many of these come up short for me, I am a wary reader of them,
I thought this book was rather charming and unique. I enjoyed Bens character, and reading about her many adventures. I thought she was easy to relate to because she wasnt perfect, and things didnt always turn out the way she wanted. It was fun to follow her progress throughout the book, as she turns from a somewhat spoiled girl to a Queen. I liked the concept of Prince Florian, but thought his character was underdeveloped. He didnt really appear until about 200 pages and even then they barely

I was pleasantly surprised by this book. First let me say that I'm not a fan of these realistic book covers, which seem to be all the rage recently. I much prefer the more artistic covers that allow me to imagine what the main character etc. look like. I'm also usually a little skeptical of fairy tale retellings because it seems that they can so easily go awry.This one, however, did not. Yay! Murdock takes all the most familiar parts of the princess fairytales (the tower, the sleep-enchanted
(Genre:Teen Fiction/fantasy) I really enjoyed this fairy tale. It is about the adventures of the princess "Ben" (Benevolence). Princess Ben finds herself next in line for the throne of her kingdom after the unexpected and tragic death of the king (her uncle). Her mother perishes in the same incident as the king and Ben's father (the younger brother of the king) is missing. Queen Sophia (her aunt) turns Ben's life upside down as she strives to turn Ben into the future ruler. I really enjoyed
A fat princess gets thinner and everyone likes her way more and treats her way better once she's thin. Also she marries a prince who kept her as a prisoner slave and thought it was funny to starve her, work her to the point of exhaustion and taunt her all the while. And it's apparently totally fine that the queen locked her away in a tiny room for months because, don't you know, she was under a lot of pressure and Ben was being such a BRAT after her parents died. What in the world did I just
Princess Ben short for Benevolence is orphaned after the assassinations of her uncle, the reining king, and her mother, her fathers body is not found. As the last remaining member of royal blood, Ben is forced to move into the castle and endure her aunt, Queen Sophia. Sophia insists that Ben act like the princess she should and insists that Ben learn to dance, sew, proper penmanship, and control her appetite. She later learns these "lessons" are to make her appealing to a suitor, so that the


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.