Identify Of Books Studies in the Sermon on the Mount (Studies in the Sermon on the Mount #1-2)
| Title | : | Studies in the Sermon on the Mount (Studies in the Sermon on the Mount #1-2) |
| Author | : | D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Anniversary Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 585 pages |
| Published | : | June 1st 1984 by William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company (first published 1958) |
| Categories | : | Religion. Theology. Christian. Christianity |

D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones
Paperback | Pages: 585 pages Rating: 4.6 | 1172 Users | 105 Reviews
Narrative Concering Books Studies in the Sermon on the Mount (Studies in the Sermon on the Mount #1-2)
I like this book so much I turned it into an audio and e-text app in 5 parts. It is singularly the most rich, inspiring, convicting, and helpful book I have ever read. With the App version (among other things) I tried to fix what I thought were potential problems for fellow readers. First, its really long (635 pages) so by creating a mobile version with audio and synchronized text, you can absorb it as fast or as slowly as your schedule will allow (and never lose your place). Second, because it was created in the early 1950's I provide a glossary and biographies of most of the key people Lloyd-Jones mentions. Third, we provide the full lyrics to the hymns he mentions and a lot of the bible verses. I hope you give it a read, its a spiritual life changer!Specify Books During Studies in the Sermon on the Mount (Studies in the Sermon on the Mount #1-2)
| Original Title: | Studies in the Sermon on the Mount |
| ISBN: | 080280036X (ISBN13: 9780802800367) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Studies in the Sermon on the Mount #1-2 |
Rating Of Books Studies in the Sermon on the Mount (Studies in the Sermon on the Mount #1-2)
Ratings: 4.6 From 1172 Users | 105 ReviewsColumn Of Books Studies in the Sermon on the Mount (Studies in the Sermon on the Mount #1-2)
85% of this book is 5-stars and beyond. I cannot say enough about how much many of the chapters blessed me. His teaching on the beatitudes, on worry, on judging others, on loving our enemies, the danger of false peace and self-deception, unconscious hypocrisy, I could go on and on... really, really great. Ordinarily 85% 5+star material is surely a 5-star book for me. But that assumes the remaining 15% is just missable. Many of Tozers books are like that for me. Consistently amazing with theHuge and sometimes wordy. This is partly because it is based on sermons (spoken text vs written text). It was a great help in study for preaching through the Sermon on the Mount.
This is one of my favorite books. It's really a collection of sermons so I found it a great day by day read. He is very direct and does not sugar coat hard topics to deliver. I re-read portions of this book quite often and have always walked away with something fresh and convicting.

Simply stated, the most accessible and rich commentary on the greatest preacher's greatest sermon.The chapter divisions are tailor-made to serve as a daily devotional.By meditating on Jesus' words as blown open through Lloyd-Jones' work, your appreciation of, and desire to live out, the Sermon on the Mount, will grow exponentially.There are simply too many quotes to even attempt to offer any, so I won't even try......well, maybe I will.* According to the scriptures happiness is never something
Disclaimer: I only read The Beatitude section of this book. I really enjoyed it but cant say that I want to read 400 more pages on The Sermon on the Mount nonetheless. Its also a little more dreary to read sermon transcriptions as opposed to pure prose. Thats not a knock against the content whatsoever.
Without a doubt one of the best volumes on the Sermon on the Mount.
I love this guy! I have just started spot reading this book as I am seeking more wisdom on pieces of this Matthew text, but I have been blown away by his honesty and passion for Jesus!


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.