Robopocalypse (Robopocalypse #1) 
In the months leading up to this, sporadic glitches are noticed by a handful of unconnected humans—a single mother disconcerted by her daughter's menacing "smart" toys, a lonely Japanese bachelor who is victimized by his domestic robot companion, an isolated U.S. soldier who witnesses a "pacification unit" go haywire—but most are unaware of the growing rebellion until it is too late.
When the Robot War ignites—at a moment known later as Zero Hour—humankind will be both decimated and, possibly, for the first time in history, united. Robopocalypse is a brilliantly conceived action-filled epic, a terrifying story with heart-stopping implications for the real technology all around us ... and an entertaining and engaging thriller unlike anything else written in years.
Amazing. Simply awesome book.The book is set up much like World War Z as in it has a common narrator who shares this story of war with you from recollections, footage, and data from other characters in the book.Throughout this book, you are introduced to characters diverse and emotionally engaging with a common goal: Survival. People live and die fighting for that which we take most for granted... Our humanity.I found that, unlike World War Z, I was captivated instantly. Being quite a fast
Robot uprising, killing people all over the shop, with this kind of premise what could go wrong?Robopocalypse is often compared to Max Brooks' World War Z and the Terminator movie franchise for different reasons. The former comparison is because the story concerns a global attack on the human race by non-human creatures and is episodic structure. The difference is that the enemy of mankind in Robopocalypse is not a horde of homicidal robots but a single AI entity controlling masses of mindless

I was surprised to receive this book in the mail, since it is not my usual read-"whatever that is noran" you may say. Sci fi not my cup of tea. Well, I discovered to my delight, I WON a GR book give away--over 1,250 signed up for the 25 books. Gee, I guess I will not be winning the multi-state power ball lotto, since I used up my luck for the year.Well to finally start this book. I have read the dust cover and it rings eerily to a comment at my Trauma Core Course lectures. There different
If you've ever pondered whether technology would unite or divide us, or if artificial intelligence would assist or resist us, or dig stories of mankind going into the breach against overwhelming odds and revealing what makes humanity worth fighting for, then Robopocalpyse is not the book for you.As has been mentioned elsewhere, Daniel Wilson studied the game tape on Max Brooks and studied it well. Brooks spun off his droll little The Zombie Survival Guide (2003) into a serious minded, global
I can finally say that I've read a robot themed novel. I've always wanted to, but I couldn't find any potential good ones before. I saw Robopocalypse lying around inside the bookstore and grabbed it instantly. My expectations were above the middle, but not that high.Robopocalypse is a very different novel. It's not the normal story telling kind, but rather it's story telling but in multiple point of views. While some say uniqueness is very essential in a novel, for me it does not apply all the
Following the example of Max Brook's "World War Z," Daniel H. Wilson's "Robopocalypse" documents the history of our robotic overlords uprising and seeking to exterminate all of humanity. Told through the use of shifting first-hand accounts of the uprising, "Robopocalypse" gives us the beginning of the robotic uprising as well as how humanity copes and begins to fight back against our robotic overlords. "Robopocalypse" is being touted as one of the must read books of the summer season. It's
Daniel H. Wilson
Audiobook | Pages: 347 pages Rating: 3.68 | 34556 Users | 4167 Reviews

Particularize About Books Robopocalypse (Robopocalypse #1)
| Title | : | Robopocalypse (Robopocalypse #1) |
| Author | : | Daniel H. Wilson |
| Book Format | : | Audiobook |
| Book Edition | : | Anniversary Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 347 pages |
| Published | : | June 7th 2011 by Doubleday |
| Categories | : | Science Fiction. Fiction. Apocalyptic. Post Apocalyptic. Dystopia |
Description Concering Books Robopocalypse (Robopocalypse #1)
In the near future, at a moment no one will notice, all the dazzling technology that runs our world will unite and turn against us. Taking on the persona of a shy human boy, a childlike but massively powerful artificial intelligence known as Archos comes online and assumes control over the global network of machines that regulate everything from transportation to utilities, defense and communication.In the months leading up to this, sporadic glitches are noticed by a handful of unconnected humans—a single mother disconcerted by her daughter's menacing "smart" toys, a lonely Japanese bachelor who is victimized by his domestic robot companion, an isolated U.S. soldier who witnesses a "pacification unit" go haywire—but most are unaware of the growing rebellion until it is too late.
When the Robot War ignites—at a moment known later as Zero Hour—humankind will be both decimated and, possibly, for the first time in history, united. Robopocalypse is a brilliantly conceived action-filled epic, a terrifying story with heart-stopping implications for the real technology all around us ... and an entertaining and engaging thriller unlike anything else written in years.
List Books Supposing Robopocalypse (Robopocalypse #1)
| Original Title: | Robopocalypse |
| ISBN: | 0385533853 (ISBN13: 9780385533850) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Robopocalypse #1 |
| Characters: | Cormac 'Bright Boy' Wallace, Takeo Nomura, Lurker, Nine Oh Two, Lonnie Wayne Blanton, Specialist Paul Blanton, Marcus Johnson, Mathilda Perez, Sergeant Jack Wallace |
| Setting: | United States of America |
| Literary Awards: | ALA Alex Award (2012), Endeavour Award Nominee (2012), Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Science Fiction (2011) |
Rating About Books Robopocalypse (Robopocalypse #1)
Ratings: 3.68 From 34556 Users | 4167 ReviewsAppraise About Books Robopocalypse (Robopocalypse #1)
Amazing. Simply awesome book.The book is set up much like World War Z as in it has a common narrator who shares this story of war with you from recollections, footage, and data from other characters in the book.Throughout this book, you are introduced to characters diverse and emotionally engaging with a common goal: Survival. People live and die fighting for that which we take most for granted... Our humanity.I found that, unlike World War Z, I was captivated instantly. Being quite a fast
Robot uprising, killing people all over the shop, with this kind of premise what could go wrong?Robopocalypse is often compared to Max Brooks' World War Z and the Terminator movie franchise for different reasons. The former comparison is because the story concerns a global attack on the human race by non-human creatures and is episodic structure. The difference is that the enemy of mankind in Robopocalypse is not a horde of homicidal robots but a single AI entity controlling masses of mindless

I was surprised to receive this book in the mail, since it is not my usual read-"whatever that is noran" you may say. Sci fi not my cup of tea. Well, I discovered to my delight, I WON a GR book give away--over 1,250 signed up for the 25 books. Gee, I guess I will not be winning the multi-state power ball lotto, since I used up my luck for the year.Well to finally start this book. I have read the dust cover and it rings eerily to a comment at my Trauma Core Course lectures. There different
If you've ever pondered whether technology would unite or divide us, or if artificial intelligence would assist or resist us, or dig stories of mankind going into the breach against overwhelming odds and revealing what makes humanity worth fighting for, then Robopocalpyse is not the book for you.As has been mentioned elsewhere, Daniel Wilson studied the game tape on Max Brooks and studied it well. Brooks spun off his droll little The Zombie Survival Guide (2003) into a serious minded, global
I can finally say that I've read a robot themed novel. I've always wanted to, but I couldn't find any potential good ones before. I saw Robopocalypse lying around inside the bookstore and grabbed it instantly. My expectations were above the middle, but not that high.Robopocalypse is a very different novel. It's not the normal story telling kind, but rather it's story telling but in multiple point of views. While some say uniqueness is very essential in a novel, for me it does not apply all the
Following the example of Max Brook's "World War Z," Daniel H. Wilson's "Robopocalypse" documents the history of our robotic overlords uprising and seeking to exterminate all of humanity. Told through the use of shifting first-hand accounts of the uprising, "Robopocalypse" gives us the beginning of the robotic uprising as well as how humanity copes and begins to fight back against our robotic overlords. "Robopocalypse" is being touted as one of the must read books of the summer season. It's


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.