Free Books The Yellow Wallpaper and Other Stories Online

Share:

Present Books To The Yellow Wallpaper and Other Stories

Original Title: The Yellow Wallpaper
ISBN: 0486298574 (ISBN13: 9780486298573)
Edition Language: English
Free Books The Yellow Wallpaper and Other Stories  Online
The Yellow Wallpaper and Other Stories Paperback | Pages: 70 pages
Rating: 4.04 | 80758 Users | 2432 Reviews

Commentary Concering Books The Yellow Wallpaper and Other Stories

Best known for the 1892 title story of this collection, a harrowing tale of a woman's descent into madness, Charlotte Perkins Gilman wrote more than 200 other short stories. Seven of her finest are reprinted here.

Written from a feminist perspective, often focusing on the inferior status accorded to women by society, the tales include "turned," an ironic story with a startling twist, in which a husband seduces and impregnates a naïve servant; "Cottagette," concerning the romance of a young artist and a man who's apparently too good to be true; "Mr. Peebles' Heart," a liberating tale of a fiftyish shopkeeper whose sister-in-law, a doctor, persuades him to take a solo trip to Europe, with revivifying results; "The Yellow Wallpaper"; and three other outstanding stories.

These charming tales are not only highly readable and full of humor and invention, but also offer ample food for thought about the social, economic, and personal relationship of men and women — and how they might be improved.

The yellow wallpaper
Three Thanksgivings
The cottagette
Turned
Making a change
If I were a man
Mr. Peebles' heart.

Particularize Regarding Books The Yellow Wallpaper and Other Stories

Title:The Yellow Wallpaper and Other Stories
Author:Charlotte Perkins Gilman
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Dover Thrift Editions
Pages:Pages: 70 pages
Published:July 11th 1997 by Dover Publications (first published 1892)
Categories:Classics. Short Stories. Fiction. Feminism. Horror. Literature. Academic. School

Rating Regarding Books The Yellow Wallpaper and Other Stories
Ratings: 4.04 From 80758 Users | 2432 Reviews

Crit Regarding Books The Yellow Wallpaper and Other Stories


"John does not know how much I really suffer. He knows there is no reason to suffer, and that satisfies him."- Charlotte Perkins Gilman, "The Yellow Wall-Paper"Vol N° 42 of my Penguin Little Black Classics Box Set. This book contains three of Charlotte Perkins Gilman's short stories.Included were:1. "The Yellow Wall-Paper" - ★★★★★2. "The Rocking-Chair" - ★★★★3. "Old Water" - ★★★★"The Yellow Wall-Paper" is one of those stories I've been familiar with for decades, but never read. It is one of the

Charlotte Perkins Gilman was a remarkable woman and utopian feminist ahead of her time. Powerful, thought-provoking, and profoundly illuminating, Gilman developed seven short feminist narratives that seek to empower women and minorities oppressed by our patriarchal society. Highly polemical, gripping, and infused with relevant themes, she deconstructs the ideological subversion of both genders against the status quo, promotes civil rights and economic independence, and confronts the notion of

This post is part of the 2015 Classics Challenge.WHEN I Discovered This ClassicI discovered it while browsing Penguin's Little Black Classics. I've always been interested in mental illness and discussions about mental illness including taking two 'Madness and Society' courses at university and so it seemed like a great one to try out. I bought it alongside The Old Nurse's Story .WHY I Chose to Read It I wanted to read an 'old' classic in April and because I've been quite a slow reader this

*PREFACE TO REVIEW: I have a soft spot for literature about descents into madness. I blame it on my mother taking me to see Lost Highway in the theater at a young and tender age. I also blame this film, to a larger extent, on my fashion sense from then to now. Which is to say, I blame my mom. Who is, in fact, more sane than most.*Ah, suicide authors! You do know madness so!!! There have been a few times where I have personally thought that I was going off my rocker, but considering that I've yet

I read this short story a few months ago on someone's recommendation when I said that the tile design at a hotel was driving me insane. In retrospect, the tile was fine.

MY SKIN IS CLEAR.MY CROPS ARE WATERED.MY BILLS ARE PAID. These moments are rare but reading Charlotte's short stories actually restored my faith in humanity. I'm still shook. I haven't read much feminist literature but I can already tell that I have been missing out. Hot damn. This woman gets it. I can't wrap my head around the fact that she was born in 1860 and managed to write these three little gems which are still so relevant up to this day.The first story The Yellow Wall-Paper explores the

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.