Free Download Books Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking Online

Share:

Identify Based On Books Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking

Title:Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking
Author:Susan Cain
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:First Edition (U.S.)
Pages:Pages: 333 pages
Published:January 24th 2012 by Crown Publishing Group/Random House, Inc.
Categories:Nonfiction. Psychology. Self Help. Science. Business. Audiobook. Personal Development
Free Download Books Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking  Online
Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking Hardcover | Pages: 333 pages
Rating: 4.06 | 294903 Users | 22348 Reviews

Ilustration In Pursuance Of Books Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking

The book that started the Quiet Revolution

At least one-third of the people we know are introverts. They are the ones who prefer listening to speaking; who innovate and create but dislike self-promotion; who favor working on their own over working in teams. It is to introverts—Rosa Parks, Chopin, Dr. Seuss, Steve Wozniak—that we owe many of the great contributions to society. 

In Quiet, Susan Cain argues that we dramatically undervalue introverts and shows how much we lose in doing so. She charts the rise of the Extrovert Ideal throughout the twentieth century and explores how deeply it has come to permeate our culture. She also introduces us to successful introverts—from a witty, high-octane public speaker who recharges in solitude after his talks, to a record-breaking salesman who quietly taps into the power of questions. Passionately argued, superbly researched, and filled with indelible stories of real people, Quiet has the power to permanently change how we see introverts and, equally important, how they see themselves.

Now with Extra Libris material, including a reader’s guide and bonus content.

Details Books Supposing Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking

Original Title: Quiet : The Power of Introverts in a World that Can't Stop Talking
ISBN: 0307352145 (ISBN13: 9780307352149)
Edition Language: English
Literary Awards: Guardian First Book Award Nominee for Longlist (2012), Andrew Carnegie Medal Nominee for Nonfiction (Shortlist) (2015), Goodreads Choice Award for Nonfiction (2012)

Rating Based On Books Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking
Ratings: 4.06 From 294903 Users | 22348 Reviews

Critique Based On Books Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking
The only thing less surprising than the fact that a book that extols the virtues of nerds who read books has generally favorable reviews on a site populated with nerds who read books (myself included) is that broccoli tastes as bad as it smells.While its certainly possible to cherry pick data and case studies in a way to support virtually any contention (give me an internet connection and a couple of hours and I could put together a pretty solid case, backed up by compelling proof, that the

Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking is about being an introvert in today's society.Confession time: I'm a tremendous introvert. I know you're all thinking something along the lines of "What? A guy who reads constantly and writes over a hundred book reviews a year is an introvert?" Shocking but true. I could easily go days without human contact. At parties, I'm the guy hanging out near the food or snooping through the host's books or medicine cabinet. I could go into

[Original review, Dec 29 2016]This book, which I had had recommended to me by many friends both on Goodreads and in real life, says plenty of useful and worthwhile things. Using the words not quite in the sense common among academic psychologists, Susan Cain distinguishes between "extroverts", whom she characterizes as loud, thick-skinned people who prioritise social interaction, assertiveness and gregariousness, and "introverts", quiet, thin-skinned people who prioritise sensitivity, harmony

This book spoke directly to my soul, to the core of my being.If youre on this site and reading this, you probably enjoy time alone to read, think and recharge your batteries. Its not that youre anti-social, you just prefer having meaningful conversations with one or two people rather than being stuck in a room with a loud group talking about... nothing. Susan Cains book will validate you and make you feel youre not a freak. You dont need to come out of your shell. In fact, there are more of us



Quiet entered my life at a particularly low moment. Allow me to set the scene: I had been on vacation for a week and a half. We were in Colorado, visiting my husband's family, some of whom I had met before, others whom I had not. I knew I wasn't going to be entirely comfortable being around people the whole trip- I'm a huge introvert and I'm self aware enough to know that I need downtime, and quite a bit of it, to feel as if I'm functioning normally. But I didn't realize that my husband, who is

ive seen this book pop up on my feed quite a bit recently and, even though i read it years ago, i cant believe i never posted a review for it! better late than never. lol. a quick google search will show that anywhere between 25-40% of the worlds population are introverts and i feel so proud to be considered part of such an outstanding group. this book didnt necessarily teach me anything i didnt already know about myself, but it was very neat to see how i can turn my introvertedness into a

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.