Mention Books Conducive To The Grey Woods
| ISBN: | 1483447669 (ISBN13: 9781483447667) |
| Edition Language: | English |
J. Carson Rose
ebook | Pages: 268 pages Rating: 4.19 | 149 Users | 12 Reviews

Describe Appertaining To Books The Grey Woods
| Title | : | The Grey Woods |
| Author | : | J. Carson Rose |
| Book Format | : | ebook |
| Book Edition | : | Pre-Launch Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 268 pages |
| Published | : | March 7th 2016 by Lulu.com |
| Categories | : | Modern. Literature. 21st Century. Fantasy. Science Fiction Fantasy |
Representaion During Books The Grey Woods
The Grey Woods is a meeting place between worlds, where souls go after they die, where they come before they are born. Here, the powerful Lady Atya of the Majae draws Fin Goldvale into this spiritual realm to witness past events that hold the key to his future. But Fin is caught between his cousin Madros’ present turmoil and his past love for the enchanting Eamìn of the Majae. In order to ensure their very survival, Fin must navigate Lord Madros’ growing madness by understanding the heroic deeds of his past.Madros was forced to send his beloved Eamìn to a remote city where his cousin Gareth is king. Fin was sent with her to protect her from the dark forces ever searching for her power, but more importantly, from Gareth himself. But Fin is accused of an affair with Eamìn, who has been forced to marry Gareth while in hiding, and he escapes to Madros’ city with the heartbreaking news that she is no longer safe there. But pulling her out of the hidden city will expose her again to the Lord of the Dream Realm, who Madros is ultimately protecting her from.
Madros must decide if leaving Eamìn in Gareth’s clutches is the lesser of two evils, or will the guilt of how she suffers in Gareth’s hands drive him to choose another option so deadly, in an attempt to rid both threats to her.
Time is an infinite loop, expanding, contracting and repeating again, and this tale weaves itself through a series of parallel events happening three years apart. In the end Fin finds himself standing between Madros and Eamìn, two people he’s sworn to love and protect, and deciding which to serve.
Rating Appertaining To Books The Grey Woods
Ratings: 4.19 From 149 Users | 12 ReviewsWeigh Up Appertaining To Books The Grey Woods
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. J. Carson Rose created a fantasy world that quickly drew me in. I became deeply involved in all the characters and right when I thought I knew what was going to happen at the end I was thrown the greatest plot twist. As soon as I finished the last sentence I started wishing for the second book.I won this book on Goodreads first reads.Let me start by saying, I loved the writing style. The author somehow magically wove in the tiniest details (scent, environment, emotion, etc) without being overly wordy about it. It was almost like being there with the characters or living through them.The characters were dynamic and so perfectly flawed human that it was easy to sympathize with them one moment and hate them the next. Their environment, personalities, and mood were constantly changing to
This was an unexpected find but a fascinating read nonetheless. J Carson Rose wasnt an author I was previously aware of, and because of this I came to The Grey Woods with no expectation, which I think made me enjoy it all the more.The blend of supernatural fantasy works really well with the science fiction element of the between-worlds Grey Woods setting. From a review I dont think the book can be done justice as this may make it sound more complex than it comes across in the writing, but one

The Grey Woods takes readers on a journey into a wine, women and song-type ye olde world, populated by warriors, kings and fair maidens. It has something else too a whimsical, ethereal center, around which the plot weaves. It has battles and bloodshed throughout, human-animal hybrids and magic. Readers follow the story of the protagonist as he navigates through accusations of treason and infidelity and the myriad consequences these bestow on him and other characters. J Carson Rose has created a
Yes, it took me THIS LONG to read about 50 pages.This has a great fantasy concept, but didn't deliver. It's written in the present tense and choppy, and I found it difficult to follow. The characters aren't defined or well rounded enough to tell one from another and I had to reread several sections to see who was speaking and about what. Lead character Fin is apparently on a quest to keep his love interest Eamin safe from the husband she married (who's apparently a tyrant) even though she didn't
The story opens as very believable historical fiction concerning the (literal) trials and tribulations of a fugitive traveller, Findathúil, accused of adultery with a queen, which is an act of treason. The Grey Woods of the title are considered a meeting place between worlds, almost a dream-state, where time is not linear. At the first mention of this place, the story takes on another dimension, adding fantasy and a dose of the supernatural into the mix. Chimerical creatures exist within Roses
I am the author of The Grey Woods, Book 1 in a fantasy series titled 'In The Footsteps of Kings' that fictionalizes our ancient history and who may have been here during that magical time. I graduated from Bennington College in 2002 and have a background in playwriting and screenwriting which I adapt into my novels, creating a face-paced visual narrative that focuses on character interactions.If


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.