Sushi for Beginners 
This Prada-wearing magazine editor thinks her life is over when her "fabulous" new job turns out to be a deportation to Dublin to launch Colleen magazine. The only saving grace is that her friends aren't there to witness her downward spiral. Might her new boss, the disheveled and moody Jack Devine, save her from a fate worse than hell?
Ashling Kennedy
Ashling, Colleen's assistant editor, is an award-winning worrier, increasingly aware that something fundamental is missing from her life -- apart from a boyfriend and a waistline.
Clodagh "Princess" Kelly
Ashling's best friend, Clodagh, lives the domestic dream in a suburban castle. So why, lately, has she had the recurring urge to kiss a frog -- or sleep with a frog, if truth be told?
As these three women search for love, success, and happiness, they will discover that if you let things simmer under the surface for too long, sooner or later they'll boil over.
Just re-read this and, sigh, I love Marian Keyes. She's such a great storyteller, often surprising me with twists I didn't see coming. Her books in general are snarky, witty, and sexy, and this one hits all of those notes and more. I'm glad I took the time to re-read it.
I loved the book. It's such a nice story; so contemporary and real that could happen to any woman these days. Her lively writing style and her awesome humor is outstanding. Reading a book of Marian is like talking to your best friend at home. I always think she and I could get along excellent with each other.

Love Marian Keyes books. I have read and collected all of her books. They are well written, easy to read and witty. Laugh out loud moments in all of her books.
3.5 stars. I enjoyed this book quite a bit but my connections to the characters were lacking a little bit. Like most Marian Keyes, it is a wide spread novel with a lot of detail and a lot of characters, but I like that. You really know all facets of the character's lives. If you are a plot driven reader I don't think this would be for you. This one is primarily about 2 women- Ashling and Lisa- and their adventures in career and love. We also follow Clodagh who is Ashling's best friend. Things I
Ashling, Lisa and Clodagh each have their own story to tell. Ashling is your slightly boring next door neighbour with little aspiration in life, but has a busy social and night life at the same time. Lisa, a hard-working career woman, seemingly goes through loads of changes and comes out a different person at the end. And then you have Clodagh, who you sympathise with at first and eventually turns into a true b*tch and after some self-reflection does a U-turn. Kept up?This book was exactly what
I got through this book. Getting into it was a bit of a struggle..... some of it I enjoyed, some was just "okay", and parts of it felt predictable, & some forced (specifically the end where it seemed semi-hurried to draw it all to a close).It's certainly not a deep book, in my opinion, and I could go for a book like that every now and then, so it wasn't a loss. Definitely very much a chick book (not necessarily a bad thing, just not typically my thing).
Marian Keyes
Paperback | Pages: 448 pages Rating: 3.69 | 66805 Users | 1435 Reviews

Identify Books In Favor Of Sushi for Beginners
| Original Title: | Sushi for Beginners |
| ISBN: | 0060555955 (ISBN13: 9780060555955) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Characters: | Lisa Edwards, Ashling Kennedy, Clodagh Kelly, Jack Devine |
| Setting: | Dublin(Ireland) |
Ilustration Toward Books Sushi for Beginners
Lisa EdwardsThis Prada-wearing magazine editor thinks her life is over when her "fabulous" new job turns out to be a deportation to Dublin to launch Colleen magazine. The only saving grace is that her friends aren't there to witness her downward spiral. Might her new boss, the disheveled and moody Jack Devine, save her from a fate worse than hell?
Ashling Kennedy
Ashling, Colleen's assistant editor, is an award-winning worrier, increasingly aware that something fundamental is missing from her life -- apart from a boyfriend and a waistline.
Clodagh "Princess" Kelly
Ashling's best friend, Clodagh, lives the domestic dream in a suburban castle. So why, lately, has she had the recurring urge to kiss a frog -- or sleep with a frog, if truth be told?
As these three women search for love, success, and happiness, they will discover that if you let things simmer under the surface for too long, sooner or later they'll boil over.
Particularize Out Of Books Sushi for Beginners
| Title | : | Sushi for Beginners |
| Author | : | Marian Keyes |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Deluxe Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 448 pages |
| Published | : | February 5th 2008 by William Morrow Paperbacks (first published November 2nd 2000) |
| Categories | : | Womens Fiction. Chick Lit. Fiction. Romance. Contemporary. Humor. Cultural. Ireland. European Literature. Irish Literature |
Rating Out Of Books Sushi for Beginners
Ratings: 3.69 From 66805 Users | 1435 ReviewsCommentary Out Of Books Sushi for Beginners
I finally finished this book. I had started Sushi for Beginners only a few days before it was due back to the library and never really got time to read much... now having finished it, I can say it was an interesting read. I am not sure why I was compelled to read and keep reading, but I was. It was different having three "main" characters, and surprisingly not overly confusing either. The reader got to see different points of view from Lisa, Ashling, and Clodagh (all of whom are girls despiteJust re-read this and, sigh, I love Marian Keyes. She's such a great storyteller, often surprising me with twists I didn't see coming. Her books in general are snarky, witty, and sexy, and this one hits all of those notes and more. I'm glad I took the time to re-read it.
I loved the book. It's such a nice story; so contemporary and real that could happen to any woman these days. Her lively writing style and her awesome humor is outstanding. Reading a book of Marian is like talking to your best friend at home. I always think she and I could get along excellent with each other.

Love Marian Keyes books. I have read and collected all of her books. They are well written, easy to read and witty. Laugh out loud moments in all of her books.
3.5 stars. I enjoyed this book quite a bit but my connections to the characters were lacking a little bit. Like most Marian Keyes, it is a wide spread novel with a lot of detail and a lot of characters, but I like that. You really know all facets of the character's lives. If you are a plot driven reader I don't think this would be for you. This one is primarily about 2 women- Ashling and Lisa- and their adventures in career and love. We also follow Clodagh who is Ashling's best friend. Things I
Ashling, Lisa and Clodagh each have their own story to tell. Ashling is your slightly boring next door neighbour with little aspiration in life, but has a busy social and night life at the same time. Lisa, a hard-working career woman, seemingly goes through loads of changes and comes out a different person at the end. And then you have Clodagh, who you sympathise with at first and eventually turns into a true b*tch and after some self-reflection does a U-turn. Kept up?This book was exactly what
I got through this book. Getting into it was a bit of a struggle..... some of it I enjoyed, some was just "okay", and parts of it felt predictable, & some forced (specifically the end where it seemed semi-hurried to draw it all to a close).It's certainly not a deep book, in my opinion, and I could go for a book like that every now and then, so it wasn't a loss. Definitely very much a chick book (not necessarily a bad thing, just not typically my thing).


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.