Describe About Books Smoke (Burned #2)
| Title | : | Smoke (Burned #2) |
| Author | : | Ellen Hopkins |
| Book Format | : | Kindle Edition |
| Book Edition | : | First Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 543 pages |
| Published | : | September 10th 2013 by Margaret K. McElderry |
| Categories | : | Young Adult. Poetry. Contemporary |
Ellen Hopkins
Kindle Edition | Pages: 543 pages Rating: 4.33 | 11035 Users | 964 Reviews
Relation Conducive To Books Smoke (Burned #2)
Pattyn’s father is dead. Now she’s on the run in this riveting companion to New York Times bestseller Burned, which Kirkus Reviews calls “a strong, painful, and tender piece about wresting hope from the depths of despair.”Pattyn Von Stratten’s father is dead, and Pattyn is on the run. After far too many years of abuse at the hands of her father, and after the tragic loss of her beloved Ethan and their unborn child, Pattyn is desperate for peace. Only her sister Jackie knows what happened that fatal night, but she is stuck at home with their mother, who clings to normalcy by allowing the truth to be covered up by their domineering community leaders. Her father might be finally gone, but without Pattyn, Jackie is desperately isolated.
Alone and in disguise, Pattyn starts a new life as a migrant worker on a California ranch. But is it even possible to rebuild a life when everything you’ve known has burned to ash and lies seem far safer than the truth?
Bestselling author Ellen Hopkins continues the riveting story of Pattyn Von Stratten she began in Burned to explore what it takes to rise from the ashes, put ghosts to rest, and step into a future.

Particularize Books To Smoke (Burned #2)
| Original Title: | Smoke (Burned, #2) ASIN B006VJN17S |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Burned #2 |
Rating About Books Smoke (Burned #2)
Ratings: 4.33 From 11035 Users | 964 ReviewsWrite-Up About Books Smoke (Burned #2)
Ellen Hopkins, you're amazing. I literally prayed for a sequel.Can't wait to read.[4.5 Stars]
I'm a little bewildered by the number of reviews complaining about Hopkins writing this sequel to Burned.Um...she's an author, folks. She can write whatever the hell she wants. And if Smoke has even a HINT of the emotional brilliance of Burned, it will be a masterpiece.Burned was the first Hopkins book I read several years ago, and it hooked me for life. It also put me on the road writing my first verse novel, which is in progress.Bottom line is, if you are so attached to Burned as a stand

The more Ellen Hopkins novels I read, the less I find myself enjoying them. I think what keeps me coming back is the hope that the next thing she writes is going to have the same visceral rawness that I remember from when I first read Crank and Impulse. The more seasoned Hopkins gets as a writer, the further away she gets from that original style that initially drew me in. There's something almost juvenile about the writing, and that used to be ok because it worked with the subject she was
First Impulse and now Burned. My two all-time favorite Ellen Hopkins books. Life just doesn't get any better than this!
There's a 2nd one?!?!?! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I'm so excited! :D
Burned was the book that made me step away from Ellen Hopkins for awhile. Not because it was badly written, but because the ending was so awful and hopeless. I was a little reluctant to read the sequel. Could she possibly make it any worse than it already was? Maybe she could have. But that wasn't her mission this time around. It seems like this time, she wanted to make all her characters happy. I could maybe go for that. It isn't like Pattyn and Jackie haven't had sufficient doses of suffering,


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.