Online Books Dragondrums (Harper Hall of Pern #3) Free Download

Share:
Online Books Dragondrums (Harper Hall of Pern #3) Free Download
Dragondrums (Harper Hall of Pern #3) Paperback | Pages: 243 pages
Rating: 4.07 | 31631 Users | 600 Reviews

List Books During Dragondrums (Harper Hall of Pern #3)

Original Title: Dragondrums
ISBN: 0689860064 (ISBN13: 9780689860065)
Edition Language: English URL http://www.annemccaffrey.net
Series: Harper Hall of Pern #3, Pern (Chronological Order) #20, Pern #6 , more
Characters: Menolly, Piemur, Masterharper Robinton, Sebell
Setting: Pern
Literary Awards: Locus Award Nominee for Best SF Novel (1980), Ditmar Award Nominee for Best International Long Fiction (1980), Balrog Award for Best Novel (1980)

Narrative Concering Books Dragondrums (Harper Hall of Pern #3)

Dear Mrs. McCaffrey,

What were you thinking? You had done a brilliant job with the first two books in this "trilogy", so please do explain why you felt compelled to switch your focus from our beloved heroine Menolly to her rambunctious sidekick, Piemur? This is no trilogy. Do you think you can just skip ahead three years and make Menolly a peripheral player? Do you think that you can write a slow-moving, rather repetitive adventure story that lacks the resonance of the first two books in this trilogy, and we won't notice? We notice; and we are not happy.

This story would be fine as a stand alone story. It still would not be a great story. Despite jumping across the map of your mythical Pern, this story goes virtually nowhere. Anticlimactic is an understatement. Piemur is not even close to being fleshed out as a character and, due to this, does not have enough weight as a driving force for this story.

Why this final book jumps gears so completely is beyond me. Obviously, it left me rather frustrated. The story of Menolly was good, layered and exciting. As of book two, it was also nowhere near complete. In Dragondrums she is viewed from afar. She is understood only to the degree that Piemur understands her. This is at odds with the idea of a trilogy whose arc seemed to be the coming of age of a young girl.

I would really like to know if Mrs. McCaffrey views these three books as a trilogy or if the publisher decided to lump them together and advertise them as one. I'm more inclined to believe the latter. Not just because I want to (though I do indeed want to), but because the sense of story in the first two books flowed with a confidence utterly lacking in this final one.

Point Epithetical Books Dragondrums (Harper Hall of Pern #3)

Title:Dragondrums (Harper Hall of Pern #3)
Author:Anne McCaffrey
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 243 pages
Published:April 1st 2003 by Simon & Schuster Aladddin Paperbacks (first published 1979)
Categories:Fantasy. Science Fiction. Dragons. Fiction. Young Adult. Science Fiction Fantasy. Adventure

Rating Epithetical Books Dragondrums (Harper Hall of Pern #3)
Ratings: 4.07 From 31631 Users | 600 Reviews

Criticism Epithetical Books Dragondrums (Harper Hall of Pern #3)
I loved it. Ive seen people say they didnt like it as much as the first two due to the change in MC. But, I was already familiar enough with Piemur from the later (in time) books that I really enjoyed his story.However, the editing was dreadful. No idea why. I didnt have any problems with the first two.Oh, and Ive heard this series called YA. While the characters are young in the beginning, there is also shagging in this book. Shagging = not YA, IMO.

The focus shifts from Menolly to a young imp who is at the Harper Hall but doesn't take his skill as seriously as Menolly: Piemur. This is another delightful adventure. I think this book proved so popular that McCaffrey almost had no choice but to include him in further stories about Pern. Again, as in the first two books of this series, these are suitable for kids unlike the regular Pern series. I've reread this series over and over and must remember to do so again in the near future! Addendum:

I enjoyed this conclusion to the Harper Hall Trilogy despite the fact that Menolly isn't the main character. I like Piemur and enjoyed reading as his story unfolded. There was enough of Menolly & other characters I enjoy to keep me happy.

This was one of my first "adult" fantasy books and I LOVED it! My mom bought it for me one summer and I devoured it (and began my love of Pern). I just started writing little bits for a mid sized daily in our area (or at least trying - I got a couple little mini features in - but I was only in 9th grade!).Being so moved by this strange (to me) book, I decided to write Anne, never expecting to hear back, but sure enough, a great little handwritten letter found it's way into my parent's mailbox a



This book follows Piemur. You first meet him in the first two Harper Hall books with Menolly. He is Menolly's first friend in the Harper Hall. This picks up after the first two books. Piemur has a beautiful Soprano voice as a young man, but his voice begins to crack as he begins to go through the change to becoming a man. This makes everything change for him at the Harper Hall.He is so unsure of what will happen to him in the Harper Hall once he loses his voice. The Masterharper takes him and

Storyline: 3/5Characters: 3/5Writing Style: 3/5World: 2/5This final volume of the children's/young adult Harper Hall trilogy shows a McCaffrey more in control of the writing than she was when she started the Pern books but struggling to do new things with the saga. This story follows one of the supporting characters from Dragonsinger through his coming of age. Much like the last two books, McCaffrey's main strength is the ability to create a completely virtuous, likeable protagonist. The story

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.