Online Books Sir Gibbie (Sir Gibbie #1) Free Download

Share:

Mention Books Conducive To Sir Gibbie (Sir Gibbie #1)

Original Title: Sir Gibbie
ISBN: 1406923397 (ISBN13: 9781406923391)
Edition Language: English
Series: Sir Gibbie #1
Setting: Highlands, Scotland
Online Books Sir Gibbie (Sir Gibbie #1) Free Download
Sir Gibbie (Sir Gibbie #1) Paperback | Pages: 114 pages
Rating: 4.29 | 1479 Users | 123 Reviews

Point Regarding Books Sir Gibbie (Sir Gibbie #1)

Title:Sir Gibbie (Sir Gibbie #1)
Author:George MacDonald
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 114 pages
Published:Great Christian Novels 17 books — 10 voters Christian Reader, You Must Read This!! 291 books — 106 voters
Categories:Fiction. Classics. Christian. Historical. Historical Fiction. Christian Fiction

Narrative Supposing Books Sir Gibbie (Sir Gibbie #1)

Follow Sir Gibbie on his adventures through the moors of Scotland's Highlands more than a century ago. Having no mother and an alcoholic father, Gibbie must survive on the streets as a child unable to read or speak. See how this boy wins the hearts of his neighbors and offers what little he has to help others. Sir Gibbie teaches adults and children alike about the ability to sacrifice self, and to strive for a world more honest and pure than our own.

Rating Regarding Books Sir Gibbie (Sir Gibbie #1)
Ratings: 4.29 From 1479 Users | 123 Reviews

Evaluate Regarding Books Sir Gibbie (Sir Gibbie #1)
Although it wasn't a perfect book (a bit wordy in places, Scottish dialect was so thick that it was distracting, and some of the descriptions went over my head), it was so good that I can't help but give it five stars. What was good about it? I loved Gibbie. He made me want to be loving and good in the very best sense. As much as it showed goodness, it also showed badness for what it is, selfishness, weakness, and pride. There were so many truths and insights sprinkled throughout. The romance

Beautifully told tale, written with some Scottish brogue. Uplifting and dramatic. This story can be found simpler under another title, but this is the better one.

This is a children's version of Sir Gibbie, edited and condensed by Michael Phillips. It's easy to read and understand... And a wonderful depiction of God's love to EVERYONE. I found this book in an antique store in Chestertown 1 year ago and instantly became addicted to reading George MacDonald's books. They are a welcome change from the fluff found in most fiction and fantasy novels. I'm still addicted. :->

Sir Gibbie or otherwise known as The Baronets Song is a book that I really enjoyed reading. I liked it much better than its sequel The Shepherds Castle (dont ask me why I read the second book first sometimes I just do weird things xD) From the start, I fell in love with the little half-naked urchin that roamed the streets, needing much, but wanting nothing. The hardships he endured as a child and young adult will melt your heart and yet he was satisfied to love, though he was not loved back and

SIR GIBBIE "tells the enchanting story of....a seemingly destitute orphan, whose life - thought he is unable to speak - communicates truth, innocent love, and goodness." I especially love this version of the book because it is not edited at all, so the full color and the rich colloquialisms of the Scottish Highlands come through. You may have trouble at first trying to decipher what words such as cantrip, gowan, tarn, and hirsute refer to, but before long, you'll find yourself understanding

What can I say? There are bestsellers, and there are good books. This is a good book. And that is one of the greatest understatements I shall ever be guilty of, but I am afraid to praise too much, lest my inadequate praise should bring the book down in anyone's eyes.If you CAN read MacDonald--if you love truth and beauty enough to hold to them tightly however difficult the going seems at first--if you can can make time for life instead of just living--if you can, do.And if you want a better

In The Baronet's Song, MacDonald grants us a vision of a neglected Scottish waif. Born a mute city urchin to a drunken cobbler with an empty title, Gibbie ekes out his existence through the charity of kind hearted people about town. When his father dies, circumstances drive him to the country and an uncertain future.Wee Sir Gibbie's innocence and purity as a child and as an adult are striking. Those traits stuck with me as an underlying current through the entire read and after I put the book

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.