Mom & Me & Mom (Maya Angelou's Autobiography #7) 
Delving into one of her life’s most rich, rewarding, and fraught relationships, Mom & Me & Mom explores the healing and love that evolved between the two women over the course of their lives, the love that fostered Maya Angelou’s rise to the heights.
I've listened to the abridged version of this. It's achingly good. So good I ordered the hardback. I just had to read the whole book in print. Every word. I could see this book was destined for my list of favourite books.But I was wrong.I think what happened was that the editor who abridged the book for five episodes of 15 minutes each was a genius at picking out only the unique and wonderful scenes and leaving out the more boring reminiscences.I wonder if Maya Angelou's power with words isn't
On reading, this book felt disjointed. Angelou progresses through her relationship with her mother using a string of stories in unfocused time. Within minutes of finishing the book, I sat down to eat dinner and ran across a quote of Angelou's in the newspaper and a story describing a young woman's summer internship encouraging other women to write their stories. The intern discussed the importance of the individuality of one's storytelling. Am I the only one these things happen to? And, lately,

Maya Angelou never disappoints when she writes a book. Mom and Me and Mom is a book devoted to her mother Vivian Baxter. When Maya was three she was sent to Stamps Arkansas with her then five year old brother Bailey. she wrote a book "I know why the Caged Bird Sings" describing her ten years there with her grandmother who raised the two children. Maya Angelou knew very little about her mother until she was thirteen and sent to San Francisco to live with her mother. Her Book Mom & Me &
There is a saying, both a curse and a blessing, that is something like may you have an interesting life. Maya Angelou has certainly had an interesting life, and that has probably been both a curse and a blessing.I know her writing mostly from her beautiful I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings , although it has been decades since I read it, and from her equally beautiful poetry.She has multiple autobiographical writings, and this newest one tells more of her relationship with her mother, and to a
On reading, this book felt disjointed. Angelou progresses through her relationship with her mother using a string of stories in unfocused time. Within minutes of finishing the book, I sat down to eat dinner and ran across a quote of Angelou's in the newspaper and a story describing a young woman's summer internship encouraging other women to write their stories. The intern discussed the importance of the individuality of one's storytelling. Am I the only one these things happen to? And, lately,
Maya Angelou
Hardcover | Pages: 201 pages Rating: 4.19 | 17088 Users | 1862 Reviews

Define Books Toward Mom & Me & Mom (Maya Angelou's Autobiography #7)
| Original Title: | Mom & Me & Mom |
| ISBN: | 1400066115 (ISBN13: 9781400066117) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Maya Angelou's Autobiography #7 |
| Characters: | Maya Angelou |
| Literary Awards: | Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Memoir & Autobiography (2013) |
Representaion In Favor Of Books Mom & Me & Mom (Maya Angelou's Autobiography #7)
For the first time, Angelou reveals the triumphs and struggles of being the daughter of Vivian Baxter, an indomitable spirit whose petite size belied her larger-than-life presence—a presence absent during much of Angelou’s early life. When her marriage began to crumble, Vivian famously sent three-year-old Maya and her older brother away from their California home to live with their grandmother in Stamps, Arkansas. The subsequent feelings of abandonment stayed with Angelou for years, but their reunion, a decade later, began a story that has never before been told. In Mom & Me & Mom, Angelou dramatizes her years reconciling with the mother she preferred to simply call “Lady,” revealing the profound moments that shifted the balance of love and respect between them.Delving into one of her life’s most rich, rewarding, and fraught relationships, Mom & Me & Mom explores the healing and love that evolved between the two women over the course of their lives, the love that fostered Maya Angelou’s rise to the heights.
Particularize Out Of Books Mom & Me & Mom (Maya Angelou's Autobiography #7)
| Title | : | Mom & Me & Mom (Maya Angelou's Autobiography #7) |
| Author | : | Maya Angelou |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | Anniversary Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 201 pages |
| Published | : | April 2nd 2013 by Random House |
| Categories | : | Nonfiction. Autobiography. Memoir. Feminism. Biography. Audiobook. Biography Memoir |
Rating Out Of Books Mom & Me & Mom (Maya Angelou's Autobiography #7)
Ratings: 4.19 From 17088 Users | 1862 ReviewsJudgment Out Of Books Mom & Me & Mom (Maya Angelou's Autobiography #7)
I loved this memoir by Angelou, because although many horrible things happened to her this is not a pity memoir. It is presented and told in a straight forward manner, a kind of this is my story take it or leave it. Loved the relationship between her and her mom, although that relationship took a while in coming, also the love she felt for her brother, Bailey. She accomplished so many things, in so many different fields and places, which is awe inspiring, especially during the time period whenI've listened to the abridged version of this. It's achingly good. So good I ordered the hardback. I just had to read the whole book in print. Every word. I could see this book was destined for my list of favourite books.But I was wrong.I think what happened was that the editor who abridged the book for five episodes of 15 minutes each was a genius at picking out only the unique and wonderful scenes and leaving out the more boring reminiscences.I wonder if Maya Angelou's power with words isn't
On reading, this book felt disjointed. Angelou progresses through her relationship with her mother using a string of stories in unfocused time. Within minutes of finishing the book, I sat down to eat dinner and ran across a quote of Angelou's in the newspaper and a story describing a young woman's summer internship encouraging other women to write their stories. The intern discussed the importance of the individuality of one's storytelling. Am I the only one these things happen to? And, lately,

Maya Angelou never disappoints when she writes a book. Mom and Me and Mom is a book devoted to her mother Vivian Baxter. When Maya was three she was sent to Stamps Arkansas with her then five year old brother Bailey. she wrote a book "I know why the Caged Bird Sings" describing her ten years there with her grandmother who raised the two children. Maya Angelou knew very little about her mother until she was thirteen and sent to San Francisco to live with her mother. Her Book Mom & Me &
There is a saying, both a curse and a blessing, that is something like may you have an interesting life. Maya Angelou has certainly had an interesting life, and that has probably been both a curse and a blessing.I know her writing mostly from her beautiful I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings , although it has been decades since I read it, and from her equally beautiful poetry.She has multiple autobiographical writings, and this newest one tells more of her relationship with her mother, and to a
On reading, this book felt disjointed. Angelou progresses through her relationship with her mother using a string of stories in unfocused time. Within minutes of finishing the book, I sat down to eat dinner and ran across a quote of Angelou's in the newspaper and a story describing a young woman's summer internship encouraging other women to write their stories. The intern discussed the importance of the individuality of one's storytelling. Am I the only one these things happen to? And, lately,


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.