Books The Almost Moon Online Free Download

Share:

Point Books Concering The Almost Moon

Original Title: The Almost Moon
ISBN: 0316677469 (ISBN13: 9780316677462)
Edition Language: English
Characters: Helen Knightly, Clair Knightly, Jake Trevor
Books The Almost Moon  Online Free Download
The Almost Moon Hardcover | Pages: 295 pages
Rating: 2.69 | 34331 Users | 5576 Reviews

Commentary Supposing Books The Almost Moon

A woman steps over the line into the unthinkable in this brilliant, powerful, and unforgettable new novel by the author of The Lovely Bones and Lucky.

For years Helen Knightly has given her life to others: to her haunted mother, to her enigmatic father, to her husband and now grown children. When she finally crosses a terrible boundary, her life comes rushing in at her in a way she never could have imagined. Unfolding over the next twenty-four hours, this searing, fast-paced novel explores the complex ties between mothers and daughters, wives and lovers, the meaning of devotion, and the line between love and hate.

It is a challenging, moving, gripping story, written with the fluidity and strength of voice that only Alice Sebold can bring to the page.

Mention Appertaining To Books The Almost Moon

Title:The Almost Moon
Author:Alice Sebold
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 295 pages
Published:October 16th 2007 by Little, Brown and Company
Categories:Fiction. Contemporary. Adult Fiction. Drama. Adult. Novels. Family

Rating Appertaining To Books The Almost Moon
Ratings: 2.69 From 34331 Users | 5576 Reviews

Criticize Appertaining To Books The Almost Moon
This book was extremely disturbing. The main character is introduced as seemly a normal woman whose elderly mother is entering her final years and at the stage of facing a nursing home or care facility. Even after she kills her mother, she tells the story as if this is just sort of a bummer day, almost, "Oh my gosh, I killed my mother. I don't want to be late for work." Ironically, I was even lulled into moments where I was not completely horrified at what just happened--and continues to happen

I enjoyed this novel, though not as much as Sebold's 'The Lovely Bones'. I didn't think it was stellar, but I thought it was solid. A lot of people took a massive shit on this book because they disliked Helen's character so much... but you know what? There are lots of ugly characters in the world, and they are far more believable than the fictional heroes and heroines we blindly champion because they offer us no incentive to wake up and smell the coffee. I like REAL characters, offensive or

(My full review of this book is much longer than GoodReads' word-count limitations. Find the entire essay at the Chicago Center for Literature and Photography [cclapcenter.com].)I freely admit it; that as a man, there are sometimes things that women do that utterly baffle me, and will probably continue to baffle me until the day I freaking die, just like it is with women regarding men. And that's because, avoiding any kind of qualitative judgment, I think we can all agree that there are

I am very troubled by this book. First, I found it so unnerving that someone could write about killing their mother. What kind of person does that? Well, I googled on Alice Sebold to find out and discovered that Ms. Sebold was brutally raped while attending college at Syracuse University. I believe that this brutal act of violence may be the catalyst that has caused Ms. Sebold to teeter on a violent edge that few authors dare to go. This book is about and told through the voice of Helen. Helen

I wanted to believe that the backlash against this book could be explained by general disappointment about Sebold's second novel not living up to The Lovely Bones. Um, yeah. Not only did it not measure up, but I don't even want this book in the same ROOM with my other books. It really and truly is that bad. I tried, people. I tried. But when I spent 4 hours on a plane learning how to do Sodoku just so I wouldn't have to read one more heinous word of this novel, I knew that I was going to have to

Let me start off by saying that I love Alice Sebold. 'Lucky' and 'Lovely Bones' were two books that stayed with me long after I finished them. That being said, I hate to say that 'Almost Moon' was such a disappointment to me. I had read all the bad reviews of it and thought 'It can't be that bad.' Unfortunately, it was. Was it because the story was about an unsympathetic narrator who kills her aged mother in the first chapter? Perhaps.The rest of the story unfolds as Helen both revisits memories

I got to page 100 when I realized I was not going to finish it. I don't know why I lasted that long. It is a very strange book, and the topic (going mad) is better covered elsewhere. At least, that's what I think the topic is. I was constantly confused who was who in the book. Was the narrator talking about a daughter, a sister, or a best friend? Was the man mentioned the father or his son who had the same name? Whatever. I'm looking for something else to read.

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.