Bleeding Violet (Portero Universe) 
Hanna simply wants to be loved. With a head plagued by hallucinations, a medicine cabinet full of pills, and a closet stuffed with frilly, violet dresses, Hanna’s tired of being the outcast, the weird girl, the freak. So she runs away to Portero, Texas in search of a new home.
But Portero is a stranger town than Hanna expects. As she tries to make a place for herself, she discovers dark secrets that would terrify any normal soul. Good thing for Hanna, she’s far from normal. As this crazy girl meets an even crazier town, only two things are certain: Anything can happen and no one is safe.
B-O-R-I-N-G! Do you know what that spells? BORING as in this-book-totally-sucked and please-don't-read-this. I hated this book. I rarely hate ANYTHING! I am a peppy girl and mildly optimistic so for me to say that I actually hated a book is big.Bleeding Violet just had nothing up for it. It built up so much promise that I couldn't help but feel disappointed after the first 3 pages. That's right, within the first 3 PAGES, I almost fell asleep. But I have read books that have had terrible
Very interesting. You know the book I want to compare this to? Imaginary Girls. Not that the writing was anything near as haunting and lyrical, but because they both employ magic realism (though it's closer to fantasy here)(or maybe even SF - are those alternate universes, or what?) in a psychologically symbolic way, and both deal with uncomfortably intense family relationships.This had some severely grotesque moments, and there's one scene that I want to say crossed a line for me, and yet I

I can't in good concious give this book more than 2 stars. Probably 1.5 would be more realistic. The ideas and "world" created were really unique and interesting....the creatures, the technology, the doors. And I did laugh once when the author wrote "Everyone seemed stunned to realize that the Mayor had gotten her ass kicked by a necklace".Otherwise-- I spent most of the time feeling very uncomfortable reading this book. I was wondering who this was written for? 12-17 year olds? I'm willing to
I was really disappointed in this book. The idea was really intriguing - a damaged girl, perpetually out of place, moving to a town where freak takes on a whole new meaning. Unfortunately, the execution of that idea left a lot to be desired.The writing lacked any kind of rhythm and was workmanlike, at best. The characters were shallow, unconvincingly drawn and mostly unlikable. On top of that, there was no internal logic to their actions and reactions a good deal of the time. Their relationships
Taking this off my list for good.
Hanna is a manic-depressive. She is 17 years old and never met her mother, when her father dies, she decides to show up on her mom's door steps for better or for worst. For worst, her mom doesn't want her here and would do anything to get rid of her, so they made a deal. If Hanna fits in within 2 weeks she gets to stay, if not, she goes back to her aunt. Portero is more than she bargained for though, can she handle it?As much as I wanted to like this book, I didn't. Let me explain why. First of
Dia Reeves
Hardcover | Pages: 454 pages Rating: 3.63 | 5428 Users | 741 Reviews

Itemize Books During Bleeding Violet (Portero Universe)
| Original Title: | Bleeding Violet |
| ISBN: | 1416986189 (ISBN13: 9781416986188) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Portero Universe |
| Characters: | Hanna Järvinen, Rosalee Price, Wyatt Mortmaine |
| Setting: | Portero Texas(United States) |
Ilustration In Favor Of Books Bleeding Violet (Portero Universe)
Love can be a dangerous thing...Hanna simply wants to be loved. With a head plagued by hallucinations, a medicine cabinet full of pills, and a closet stuffed with frilly, violet dresses, Hanna’s tired of being the outcast, the weird girl, the freak. So she runs away to Portero, Texas in search of a new home.
But Portero is a stranger town than Hanna expects. As she tries to make a place for herself, she discovers dark secrets that would terrify any normal soul. Good thing for Hanna, she’s far from normal. As this crazy girl meets an even crazier town, only two things are certain: Anything can happen and no one is safe.
Mention Of Books Bleeding Violet (Portero Universe)
| Title | : | Bleeding Violet (Portero Universe) |
| Author | : | Dia Reeves |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | Anniversary Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 454 pages |
| Published | : | January 5th 2010 by Simon Pulse (first published December 14th 2009) |
| Categories | : | Young Adult. Fantasy. Paranormal. Horror |
Rating Of Books Bleeding Violet (Portero Universe)
Ratings: 3.63 From 5428 Users | 741 ReviewsWeigh Up Of Books Bleeding Violet (Portero Universe)
I wasnt sure what kind of read Bleeding Violet was going to turn out to be. Id been searching for some PoC-centric horror, and when I came across a list with Dia Reeves name, I was surprised to find her work categorized as YA. Ive heard almost nothing about either of her books, despite being subscribed to half a dozen diversity-in-YA accounts on Tumblr and Twitter, where charts of minority-written and -starring books come down the feed almost constantly. Why arent more people trying to get me toB-O-R-I-N-G! Do you know what that spells? BORING as in this-book-totally-sucked and please-don't-read-this. I hated this book. I rarely hate ANYTHING! I am a peppy girl and mildly optimistic so for me to say that I actually hated a book is big.Bleeding Violet just had nothing up for it. It built up so much promise that I couldn't help but feel disappointed after the first 3 pages. That's right, within the first 3 PAGES, I almost fell asleep. But I have read books that have had terrible
Very interesting. You know the book I want to compare this to? Imaginary Girls. Not that the writing was anything near as haunting and lyrical, but because they both employ magic realism (though it's closer to fantasy here)(or maybe even SF - are those alternate universes, or what?) in a psychologically symbolic way, and both deal with uncomfortably intense family relationships.This had some severely grotesque moments, and there's one scene that I want to say crossed a line for me, and yet I

I can't in good concious give this book more than 2 stars. Probably 1.5 would be more realistic. The ideas and "world" created were really unique and interesting....the creatures, the technology, the doors. And I did laugh once when the author wrote "Everyone seemed stunned to realize that the Mayor had gotten her ass kicked by a necklace".Otherwise-- I spent most of the time feeling very uncomfortable reading this book. I was wondering who this was written for? 12-17 year olds? I'm willing to
I was really disappointed in this book. The idea was really intriguing - a damaged girl, perpetually out of place, moving to a town where freak takes on a whole new meaning. Unfortunately, the execution of that idea left a lot to be desired.The writing lacked any kind of rhythm and was workmanlike, at best. The characters were shallow, unconvincingly drawn and mostly unlikable. On top of that, there was no internal logic to their actions and reactions a good deal of the time. Their relationships
Taking this off my list for good.
Hanna is a manic-depressive. She is 17 years old and never met her mother, when her father dies, she decides to show up on her mom's door steps for better or for worst. For worst, her mom doesn't want her here and would do anything to get rid of her, so they made a deal. If Hanna fits in within 2 weeks she gets to stay, if not, she goes back to her aunt. Portero is more than she bargained for though, can she handle it?As much as I wanted to like this book, I didn't. Let me explain why. First of


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.