Çalıkuşu 
ÇALI KUŞU, Reşat Nuri Güntekin''in en yaygın ününü kazandığı ilk romanı. Romanda, iyi öğrenim görmüş bir İstanbul kızının, Anadolu'nun çeşitli köy ve kasabalarında öğretmen olarak yaşadığı serüven anlatılır.Serüven yönü ağır basan bu romanda, kişilerin duygu dünyaları, ülke gerçeklerinden soyutlanmadan verilir. Çalı Kuşu, her yaştan insanın rahatlıkla okuyup sevebileceği önemli romanlarımızdan biridir.
Never thought I would enjoy a romantic story, a novel about love. But oh my stars, did I love this book. This novel made me cry, smile and experience all the feelings you're supposed to feel reading such a book.The main heroine was really, really nice and I liked her a lot. She felt real (except for her beauty, maybe) and alive. She had her flaws, but she was good and kind, such a lovable character.Doctor, oh doctor! Even though we got to see him pretty much only in last two parts of the book
Velika ljubav za Grmušu! I loved this book so much. Didn't think it was going to blow me away the way it did. Such a fantastic story and such a relatable main character. The writing is simply beautiful and all the characters are portrayed amazingly - you get a taste of each of their lives. Longer review to come definitely.

This book is an absolute masterpiece and it's really a pity that it doesn't seem to be in print in English. It is both a love story and a bildungsroman and an exploration of vast change happening in a country. I was so impressed by this novel that I wrote a poem about it (not going to share but it just goes to explaining how much it meant to me). Highly recommended!
Amazing book, beautiful story, I absolutely loved it! It's a great read, I recommend it.
Emglish translation is called: The Autobiography of a Turkish Girl (beware: the ending is missing & only summarized on 2 pages). You can find a PDF consisting of photocopies of this version onlineThe German translation (which is complete) is called: Zaunkönig - Der Roman eines türkischen Mädchens and they spell the author's name as Reschat Nuri. The book is out of print but I managed to buy an edition from 1942 from booklooker.de
I came across a new phenomenon whilst reading this book. Typically when I find a book I love, and let it be clear that I love this book, I become hooked and I cannot put it down until it is complete. With Çalikusu, there were times where I had to force myself to stop, because i wanted to savour the story. I didn't want it to end.The writing is beautiful and it is impossible not to adore the character of Feridé, who is just so believable to me even despite the different era in which she is
Reşat Nuri Güntekin
Paperback | Pages: 408 pages Rating: 4.29 | 11243 Users | 321 Reviews

Be Specific About Regarding Books Çalıkuşu
| Title | : | Çalıkuşu |
| Author | : | Reşat Nuri Güntekin |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Deluxe Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 408 pages |
| Published | : | 1992 by İnkılâp Kitabevi (first published 1922) |
| Categories | : | Asian Literature. Turkish Literature. Classics. Cultural. Turkish. Fiction. Romance. Roman. Novels |
Relation Concering Books Çalıkuşu
Çalı Kuşu ilk kez 1922 yılında Vakit gazetesinde tefrika edilmiş ve aynı yıl kitap olarak basılmıştır. Beşinci baskısından sonra eser, 1939 yılında bizzat Reşat Nuri Güntekin tarafından sonra tekrar yayımlanmıştır. Bu kitap söz konusu baskısından yararlanılarak aslına uygun olarak yayına hazırlanmıştır.ÇALI KUŞU, Reşat Nuri Güntekin''in en yaygın ününü kazandığı ilk romanı. Romanda, iyi öğrenim görmüş bir İstanbul kızının, Anadolu'nun çeşitli köy ve kasabalarında öğretmen olarak yaşadığı serüven anlatılır.Serüven yönü ağır basan bu romanda, kişilerin duygu dünyaları, ülke gerçeklerinden soyutlanmadan verilir. Çalı Kuşu, her yaştan insanın rahatlıkla okuyup sevebileceği önemli romanlarımızdan biridir.
Declare Books During Çalıkuşu
| Original Title: | Çalıkuşu |
| ISBN: | 9751000122 (ISBN13: 9789751000125) |
| Edition Language: | Turkish |
| Characters: | Kamran, Feride |
| Setting: | Anatolia(Turkey) Istanbul(Turkey) |
Rating Regarding Books Çalıkuşu
Ratings: 4.29 From 11243 Users | 321 ReviewsAssess Regarding Books Çalıkuşu
I was torn with the rating for Calicusu. It was really a good book at heart. It is filled with emotional distress of a privileged girl who is thrown into the real world, to grow up and get a taste of reality on her own.There is a lot of good scenes here, lots of good parts that did stir up emotion in my black heart, but there was just way too much fluff and unnecessary (to me) details which did nothing else but bore me. Characters: 2This could just be me, but I simply could not find myselfNever thought I would enjoy a romantic story, a novel about love. But oh my stars, did I love this book. This novel made me cry, smile and experience all the feelings you're supposed to feel reading such a book.The main heroine was really, really nice and I liked her a lot. She felt real (except for her beauty, maybe) and alive. She had her flaws, but she was good and kind, such a lovable character.Doctor, oh doctor! Even though we got to see him pretty much only in last two parts of the book
Velika ljubav za Grmušu! I loved this book so much. Didn't think it was going to blow me away the way it did. Such a fantastic story and such a relatable main character. The writing is simply beautiful and all the characters are portrayed amazingly - you get a taste of each of their lives. Longer review to come definitely.

This book is an absolute masterpiece and it's really a pity that it doesn't seem to be in print in English. It is both a love story and a bildungsroman and an exploration of vast change happening in a country. I was so impressed by this novel that I wrote a poem about it (not going to share but it just goes to explaining how much it meant to me). Highly recommended!
Amazing book, beautiful story, I absolutely loved it! It's a great read, I recommend it.
Emglish translation is called: The Autobiography of a Turkish Girl (beware: the ending is missing & only summarized on 2 pages). You can find a PDF consisting of photocopies of this version onlineThe German translation (which is complete) is called: Zaunkönig - Der Roman eines türkischen Mädchens and they spell the author's name as Reschat Nuri. The book is out of print but I managed to buy an edition from 1942 from booklooker.de
I came across a new phenomenon whilst reading this book. Typically when I find a book I love, and let it be clear that I love this book, I become hooked and I cannot put it down until it is complete. With Çalikusu, there were times where I had to force myself to stop, because i wanted to savour the story. I didn't want it to end.The writing is beautiful and it is impossible not to adore the character of Feridé, who is just so believable to me even despite the different era in which she is


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.