Books The Death of the Necromancer (Ile-Rien #2) Download Online Free

Share:

Identify Books To The Death of the Necromancer (Ile-Rien #2)

ISBN: 0380788144 (ISBN13: 9780380788149)
Edition Language: English
Series: Ile-Rien #2
Literary Awards: Nebula Award Nominee for Best Novel (1998)
Books The Death of the Necromancer (Ile-Rien #2) Download Online Free
The Death of the Necromancer (Ile-Rien #2) Paperback | Pages: 544 pages
Rating: 4.05 | 2758 Users | 259 Reviews

Point Based On Books The Death of the Necromancer (Ile-Rien #2)

Title:The Death of the Necromancer (Ile-Rien #2)
Author:Martha Wells
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 544 pages
Published:July 1st 1999 by Eos (first published July 1st 1998)
Categories:Fantasy. Science Fiction. Steampunk. Mystery. Fiction. Science Fiction Fantasy. Horror. Urban Fantasy

Rendition Concering Books The Death of the Necromancer (Ile-Rien #2)

Nicholas Valiarde is a passionate, embittered nobleman with an enigmatic past. Consumed by thoughts of vengeance, he is consoled only by thoughts of the beautiful, dangerous Madeline. He is also the greatest thief in all of Ile-Rien... On the gas light streets of the city, he assumes the guise of a master criminal, stealing jewels from wealthy nobles to finance his quest for vengeance the murder of Count Montesq. Montesq orchestrated the wrongful execution of Nicholas's beloved godfather on false charges of necromancy--the art of divination through communion with spirits of the dead--a practice long outlawed in the kingdom of Ile-Rein.

But now Nicholas's murderous mission is being interrupted by a series of eerie, unexplainable, even fatal events. Someone with tremendous magical powers is opposing him. Children vanish, corpses assume the visage of real people, mortal spells are cast, and traces of necromantic power that hasn't been used for centuries are found. And when a spiritualist unwittingly leads Nicholas to a decrepit mansion, the monstrous nature of his peril finally emerges in harrowing detail. Nicholas and his compatriots must destroy an ancient and awesome evil. Even the help of Ile-Rien's greatest sorcerer may not be enough, for Nicholas faces a woefully mismatched battle--and unthinkable horrors await the loser.

Rating Based On Books The Death of the Necromancer (Ile-Rien #2)
Ratings: 4.05 From 2758 Users | 259 Reviews

Assess Based On Books The Death of the Necromancer (Ile-Rien #2)
4,6 stars

I love this novel and consider it as one of my all-time favorites. It's the perfect blend of fantasy, detective thriller, horror and romantic tone.Since I dislike spoilers in reviews, and I also consider this book to be quite original in content, I will not speak about the plot or the characters, but of how they affected me as a reader.This novel will immerse you in a world which is just enough like ours to not be too distracting, yet unlike enough to be constantly fresh and inventive.The

Delightful. The Lies of Locke Lamora co-ops The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.The book blurb doesnt have it quite right: Nicholas Valiarde is a passionate, embittered nobleman with an enigmatic past. Consumed by thoughts of vengeance, he is consoled only by thoughts of the beautiful, dangerous Madeline. He is also the greatest thief in all of Ile-Rien No, no, no. Nicholas Valiarde is a classic comic-book dark hero. He has a secret persona; to the respectable world he is the adopted son of a

I have several of Wells' books sitting unread on my shelf. I had this one, then also the Fall of Ile-Rien trilogy and Wheel of the Infinite. Decided to start working on the Ile-Rien books so here we are.Since it is a Martha Wells Book, I knew I was in good hands. She's a great author and the Raksuran books are among my all time favourite books. This book has a Victorian-esque world building. It has gas and stuff, guns and trains. Also magic. The magic is vague since none of the POV characters

Irregulars in MoriaThis was a fun and fast read. 19th c. style cat and mouse featuring magic with an air of revenge, Sherlock Holmes meets Fellowship of the Ring story. The characters are fun, the setting is detailed, almost too much, but it is rendered completely. Nicholas Valiarde is the leader of these "irregulars", a motley crew of unfairly wronged persons pursuing their own justice. I suppose I should go read book #1, now. "He united the ferocity of a madman with the cognitive ability of

To say it with goodreads, "it was ok" but I can't say that I "liked it".I feel bad rating this so low because of all the research that probably went into it. I'm sure someone whose hugely into pseudo Victorian settings and loves all the trappings and archetypes associated with that type of fiction is going to enjoy this book way more than I did. But none of these things are for me and I need to stop trying. One could argue that The Element of Fire was more of a cliché-fest than this one, but

The Death of the Necromancer is a triumph of execution over concept. This is not a bad thing. It may, in fact, be a very good thing.What do I mean by this?Essentially, if you look at the basic concepts of the book, you will not find anything terribly special. The characters are familiar archetypes -- the vengeance-obsessed conman, his plucky female companion, his loyal and taciturn henchman. We've even got Holmes and Watson running around. The plot is a fairly straightforward mystery as well,

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.