Particularize Books To The Demon's Covenant (The Demon's Lexicon #2)
| Original Title: | The Demon's Covenant |
| ISBN: | 1416963812 (ISBN13: 9781416963813) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | The Demon's Lexicon #2 |
| Characters: | Nick Ryves, Alan Ryves, Mae Crawford, Jamie Crawford |
Sarah Rees Brennan
Hardcover | Pages: 440 pages Rating: 4.03 | 4949 Users | 503 Reviews
Commentary Conducive To Books The Demon's Covenant (The Demon's Lexicon #2)
Mae Crawford's always thought of herself as in control, but in the last few weeks her life has changed. Her younger brother, Jamie, suddenly has magical powers, and she's even more unsettled when she realizes that Gerald, the new leader of the Obsidian Circle, is trying to persuade Jamie to join the magicians. Even worse? Jamie hasn't told Mae a thing about any of it. Mae turns to brothers Nick and Alan to help her rescue Jamie, but they are in danger from Gerald themselves because he wants to steal Nick's powers. Will Mae be able to find a way to save everyone she cares about from the power-hungry magician's carefully laid trap? [From Borders.com]
Specify Based On Books The Demon's Covenant (The Demon's Lexicon #2)
| Title | : | The Demon's Covenant (The Demon's Lexicon #2) |
| Author | : | Sarah Rees Brennan |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | Deluxe Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 440 pages |
| Published | : | May 18th 2010 by Margaret K. McElderry |
| Categories | : | Fantasy. Young Adult. Urban Fantasy. Paranormal. Demons. Magic |
Rating Based On Books The Demon's Covenant (The Demon's Lexicon #2)
Ratings: 4.03 From 4949 Users | 503 ReviewsWrite Up Based On Books The Demon's Covenant (The Demon's Lexicon #2)
HELPPP I LOVE THIS SERIES SO DAMN MUCHI'VE BEEN YELLING FOR THE LAST HUNDRED PAGES IM SO SHOOKbased on enjoyment alone this would probably be a 4.5-5 star but admittedly there are many flaws I noticed even in my blind fangirl haze of book love. mae's pov is interesting solely for getting an outside perspective on nick, but the book loses thematic focus. I'm really trying not to dislike mae bc she's one of the only girls in the series, but I don't get what her character is supposed to be about atThis was an amazing, fast paced read. I picked the book up on Sunday and finished it in one day. Yes it is that good! The story of Mae, Jamie and the Ryves brothers continues essentially one month after the end of the Demon's Lexicon. I can't say too much because I don't want to give anything away. This story while clearly a transition book still has a great story to tell. There are times I wanted to scream at some of the of the characters wondering how they make the choices they do. Then there
The covenant is binding. There is no escape.Danger is closing in all around Mae. In one corner the magicians lie in wait, biding their time until Jamie is inducted into their circle-whether he wants to be or not. Alan, secretive as ever, considers a disastrous bargain with a demon, knowing full well the ramifications of his actions. Meanwhile, Mae cant help but be lured in by the seductive pull of the Goblin Market, But Mae is not a magician. She's just an ordinary girl thrown into a maddening

Final Verdict First:I wouldve liked this book much more if I didnt go into it with expectations that didnt end up being met.The Full Review:I read The Demons Lexicon almost a year ago, and although Ive forgotten the details, what I do remember is really enjoying it. I especially loved Sarahs characterization, the love between both sets of siblings, and the ending. I liked it enough that The Demons Covenant was one of my most anticipated releases of 2010.A few months ago, there were several posts
This book didnt work nearly as well as the first one in the series. The number one reason why was that this is told from the point of view of Mae one of the secondary characters from Demons Lexicon. I felt wishy-washy about her before and that didnt really change now. The strength of the first book was Nick . He (hes a demon in a human body) is interesting. Mae not so much.The first 2/3rd of the book dragged for me with not much happening. There are also a number of coincidences that I found
I made it!Sorry, but Ive always wanted to find one of those pics to accompany my review. Isnt he cute? You totally want to forget he could attack you and high five him, dont you?Honestly, I really dont know exactly what happened here. I was so excited to read The Demons Covenant after finishing The Demons Lexicon, but somehow I had a hard time getting through it. The beginning drew me in immediately, but then there was this looong, dragging middle part that almost made me give up. Im glad I didn
The Demon's Covenant, the second book in a trilogy, takes place a few weeks after the events that occurred in The Demon's Lexicon. It follows Mae, only a secondary character in the first one, who now has to deal with the fact that her brother, Jamie, has magical powers and is being recruited from magicians everywhere, including the deadly Obsidian circle, now run by Gerald. Mae once again enlists the help of of brothers Nick and Alan, who are entangled in their fair share of dangerous magical


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.