Books Download Free The Fire's Stone

Share:

Details Books Toward The Fire's Stone

Original Title: The Fire's Stone
ISBN: 0886774454 (ISBN13: 9780886774455)
Edition Language: English
Books Download Free The Fire's Stone
The Fire's Stone Paperback | Pages: 287 pages
Rating: 3.99 | 3051 Users | 210 Reviews

Rendition To Books The Fire's Stone

THIEF, SWORDSMAN, AND WIZARDESS

AARON. Clan Heir, he has fled his people when his beloved was slain by his own father's command, abandoning his training, duty and beliefs to become a thief. A master of his trade, he now dared the odds in Ischia, city of the volcano, where the price of being caught was death.

DARVISH. Prince of Ischia, third son of a king who had no intention of giving up his throne. The prince was a drunkard, a lover, and a wastrel, yet was gifted with sword skills and with the ability to charm all around him. But not even his charm could free him from the political marriage now being planned.

CHANDRA. Born a princess, she had chosen to become a Wizard of the Nine, that rarest of beings, able to master all the forms that sorcery could take. Now, promised as Darvish's bride, she undertook a desperate journey to Ischia to convince him they must not wed.

Aaron, Darvish, Chandra—three strangers whose fates were about to become interwined. For someone had stolen The Stone, the magical talisman which stood between Ischia and the volcano's wrath. And unless the three could learn to work together on a quest to find the Stone, Ischia would drown in a sea of lava.

Be Specific About Regarding Books The Fire's Stone

Title:The Fire's Stone
Author:Tanya Huff
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 287 pages
Published:October 3rd 1990 by DAW
Categories:Fantasy. LGBT. Romance. M M Romance. Fiction. GLBT. Queer

Rating Regarding Books The Fire's Stone
Ratings: 3.99 From 3051 Users | 210 Reviews

Critique Regarding Books The Fire's Stone
1,5 star for a half decent cover, but hell if I'm rounding up.

I first read this book as a young teenager, coming to grips with my own sexuality. I can remember at the time feeling a secret thrill that I had found a book that depicted a gay relationship. (shock, gasp). As a result, I read this book many times over the years, and still go back to read it from time to time.At the time I found this book, I was an avid sci-fi and fantasy reader, and that is what this book is. Although the hero's in this book have a relationship, the plot of the book does not

This story was more fantasy and adventure, than a romance, so that was why it didn't really click for me.It featured 3 MCs: Prince Darvish, 3 born son to a king, therefore, not the heir to the throne; Chandra, his betrothed, who wasn't interested in being his wife but pursing her studies as a wizard; and Aaron, a thief who was sentenced to die.The story was about their quest to find a stolen magic stone, which would save their beloved Ischia from a volcano about to erupt like Pompeii. Instead of

I've heard Tanya Huff mentioned often when it comes to fantasy with glbt-characters so I was really looking forward to actually reading something by her. So I'd say that "The Fire's Stone" came as a big and very nasty surprise. I noticed very early in in the book that this was not the kind of story I would enjoy. The three main characters are flat as paper, there are alot of melodramatic internal monologue written in italics and of course everyone has Very Vibrant Unusual Colored Eyes That

The ot3 is SO STRONG with this one.

I enjoyed this book very much. The world in which it's set is described in enough detail to feel real without being overwhelmed with unimportant filler. The characters are complex and extremely likable; they have real flaws and real strengths. The plot was exciting and the writing was gripping.I do have a few complaints. The edition I read was poorly proofread; perhaps later editions were improved in this respect, but various typos kept pulling me out of the story. Second, the action seemed

"Volcano threatens populace with fiery death" stories are not generally comforting, but this remains one of my favorite books to re-read on bad days and/or long plane flights. Huff does such a lovely job with character, dialog, motivation, and community-building that the well-trodden plot (Return the McGuffin or Badness Ensues!) fits like a favorite sweater. Part of the joy comes from the cheerful disrespect Huff shows to traditional fantasy tropes - two of her three heroes aren't white, no one

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.