Identify Books Supposing We Are Legion (We Are Bob) (Bobiverse #1)
| Original Title: | We Are Legion (We Are Bob) ASIN B01LWAESYQ |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Bobiverse #1 |
| Literary Awards: | Seiun Award 星雲賞 Nominee for Best Translated Novel (2019) |
Dennis E. Taylor
Kindle Edition | Pages: 383 pages Rating: 4.29 | 48308 Users | 4101 Reviews
Chronicle To Books We Are Legion (We Are Bob) (Bobiverse #1)
Alternate Cover Edition can be found here.Bob Johansson has just sold his software company and is looking forward to a life of leisure. There are places to go, books to read, and movies to watch. So it's a little unfair when he gets himself killed crossing the street.
Bob wakes up a century later to find that corpsicles have been declared to be without rights, and he is now the property of the state. He has been uploaded into computer hardware and is slated to be the controlling AI in an interstellar probe looking for habitable planets. The stakes are high: no less than the first claim to entire worlds. If he declines the honor, he'll be switched off, and they'll try again with someone else. If he accepts, he becomes a prime target. There are at least three other countries trying to get their own probes launched first, and they play dirty.
The safest place for Bob is in space, heading away from Earth at top speed. Or so he thinks. Because the universe is full of nasties, and trespassers make them mad - very mad.

Specify Appertaining To Books We Are Legion (We Are Bob) (Bobiverse #1)
| Title | : | We Are Legion (We Are Bob) (Bobiverse #1) |
| Author | : | Dennis E. Taylor |
| Book Format | : | Kindle Edition |
| Book Edition | : | First Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 383 pages |
| Published | : | September 20th 2016 by Worldbuilders Press |
| Categories | : | Science Fiction. Fiction. Audiobook |
Rating Appertaining To Books We Are Legion (We Are Bob) (Bobiverse #1)
Ratings: 4.29 From 48308 Users | 4101 ReviewsEvaluation Appertaining To Books We Are Legion (We Are Bob) (Bobiverse #1)
3.5 stars.Have you ever wished you could undertake true space exploration but realistically believed that your lifespan may not be long enough to survive the journey? Well, not if you are Bob. Robert Johansson, more affectionately known as Bob, was an engineer in the 21st century who signed up for having his head cryogenically preserved upon his death for future resuscitation into a new body. In a strange ironic twist of fate, Bob died within 24 hours of doing so and woke up a bit more than a4.5 Stars Universe? It's so out there, man. It's time for a change. It's time for Bobiverse! ❝ As a species, we're morons.❞ Bob is dead. Yes, it is very tragic. But before his death, Bob had enrolled in a Cryonics program. So when Bob died, they decapitated him and stored his head in a freezer (very professionally), with the hope that he can be restored back to life in future with technological advancements. And they did, in the year 2133.The problem is, USA in 2133 is, in fact, a variation
I'm jumping on the Bobwagon here!I love the light tone throughout and the geek humor mostly relegated to names one AI clone gives to oneself when faced with a profundity of oneself. Riker? Number 2. Of course. But the rest is just a fantastic ride of popular references and snark, right, Admiral Akbar?Seriously, that was just one of the coolest things in the novel... but the next runner-up has got to be the effortless way we start colonizing the galaxy with each replicant, going back to Earth,

Somewhere Poul Anderson is smiling.To say this is good science fiction is like saying Neil Peart is a drummer: technically true but far from wholly accurate.I cannot see where author Dennis E. Taylor pays specific tribute to Anderson as an influence, but he does say hes an avid SF reader and so I cannot imagine that he has NOT read the late Grandmaster and been persuaded by his writing. I recalled such Anderson gems as The Boat of a Million Years, Tau Zero, Maurai & Kith, and Harvest of
I like Bob. I've been swimming with him in Master's Swim Club for four or five years. He is always on time, always ready to work, and has the enviable ability--the result of decades as an accountant--of being able to keep track of yardage and time sets. He is also the only one who reliably plays The Pun Game with me, until I laugh so hard I can't swim. He is a genuinely nice guy, and always up for a (dark) beer after practice. But you have to be careful about sitting with him when you drink
I'm going with 3.5 stars on this one!I enjoyed it but I also caught myself fading off at times. I think all the thrillers are affecting my attention span!We Are Legion (We Are Bob) was outside of my typical genre. I enjoyed this and thought some of the humor in it was needed for all the technical information about Bob, A.I. and exploring new worlds.Bob Johansson has just sold his software company and while feeling on top of the world, he decides to sign up for Cryonics. When he dies, he's going
Thoroughly enjoyed this. Well worth th read. Going to keep this short because I don't have time to write a review. Bit the 4 stars shoudl tell you all you need to know. A great scifi story that I am really looking forward to reading book 2.


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.