Mention Based On Books The Laughing Corpse (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #2)
| Title | : | The Laughing Corpse (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #2) |
| Author | : | Laurell K. Hamilton |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | First Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 301 pages |
| Published | : | August 2nd 2005 by Berkley (first published September 1994) |
| Categories | : | Fantasy. Urban Fantasy. Paranormal. Vampires. Horror. Romance. Paranormal Romance |

Laurell K. Hamilton
Paperback | Pages: 301 pages Rating: 4.12 | 76386 Users | 2014 Reviews
Rendition Concering Books The Laughing Corpse (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #2)
Harold Gaynor offers Anita Blake a million dollars to raise a 300-year-old zombie. Knowing it means a human sacrifice will be necessary, Anita turns him down. But when dead bodies start turning up, she realizes that someone else has raised Harold's zombie--and that the zombie is a killer. Anita pits her power against the zombie and the voodoo priestess who controls it.In The Laughing Corpse Anita will learn that there are some secrets better left buried-and some people better off dead...
Describe Books As The Laughing Corpse (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #2)
| Original Title: | The Laughing Corpse |
| ISBN: | 0425204669 (ISBN13: 9780425204665) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #2 |
| Characters: | Anita Blake, Jean-Claude (Anita Blake series) |
| Setting: | St. Louis, Missouri(United States) |
Rating Based On Books The Laughing Corpse (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #2)
Ratings: 4.12 From 76386 Users | 2014 ReviewsRate Based On Books The Laughing Corpse (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #2)
If I ever meet a Voodoo Priest I think I would faint or run probably run. This Priestess is freaking NUTS! Ok so some of the gross crime scenes freaked me out but the one where they made a bet to see who would get sick first was the grossest. We learn just how powerful Anita is, I am loving this part and her humor I think a lot of people think they know how powerful she is but they dont know and I kind of think she doesnt even know. The ending is interesting, to say the least. I enjoyed KimberlyYour eyes are the clearest mirror I have ever seen, ma petite. Whenever I begin to pretend to myself. Whenever I have delusions of life. I have only to look into your face and see the truth.What did he expect me to say? Sorry, Ill try to ignore the fact that youre a vampire. So why keep me around? I asked.Perhaps if Nikolaos had had such a mirror, she would not have been such a monster.Its been quite a while I read the first book of this series and Im glad that I remembered to pick up book two
It's hard for me not to compare these to Jim Butcher's Dresden Files books. There are alot of the same story frameworks and world settings. I know they came first and pretty much set the stage for Urban Fantasy to become a popular style of books. They are very good supernatural action/adventure/mystery stories. Nice action and flow throughout the book. I enjoy the, while somewhat dated well not to me, pop culture references. Recommended

I'd been hesitant to read one of these, despite rave reviews by people I trust - I'm not much of a fantasy reader, & we're talking vampires, zombies and werewolves here. Well, folks, what we *really* have is a book in the class of the Harold Shea books - one that bends genres and transcends them. I'm not even really going to review the book . . . .Let me back off a moment, & tell you what I usually read. I'm in the mining business, educated as a geologist & chemist. I like my SF
As I reread this series I am aware of just how much it has changed and mutated into something completely different from the original books. The Laughing Corpse is book #2 and focuses almost completely on Anita's zombie raising duties and her job helping the police on Spook Squad. This book is horribly gory and disturbing. I originally read it back before I had children and am relieved that I didn't attempt to read it when they were toddlers. That's all I'm sayin'.In this book, Anita is called in
I forgot how much I loved the beginning of this series. More action and blood and guts and -JEAN-CLAUDE.
Ok this series just turned bloody brilliant I mean.....I didn't want it to finish need MORE!!!!!The audio I been listening to is fantastic too..... I get that old 80's horror music whenever something scary is about to happen or someone is giving chase, it really gave me the creeps.... I mean the Zombies in this were freakin scary if Anita wasn't controlling them! sometimes even when she did.This story opens even more possibilities and doors I could ever imagine... wow on this Authors


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.