Books Download One Day Online Free

Share:

Present Books In Pursuance Of One Day

Original Title: One Day
ISBN: 0340896965 (ISBN13: 9780340896969)
Edition Language: English URL https://www.hachette.com.au/david-nicholls/one-day
Characters: Emma Morley, Dexter Mayhew
Setting: United Kingdom
Literary Awards: Bollinger Everyman Wodehouse Prize Nominee for Comic Fiction (2010), Exclusive Books Boeke Prize (2010), Galaxy National Book Award for Book of the Year (2011)
Books Download One Day  Online Free
One Day Hardcover | Pages: 435 pages
Rating: 3.79 | 276444 Users | 16926 Reviews

Be Specific About Of Books One Day

Title:One Day
Author:David Nicholls
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:UK Edition
Pages:Pages: 435 pages
Published:January 1st 2009 by Hodder & Stoughton
Categories:Fiction. Romance. Contemporary. Womens Fiction. Chick Lit

Narrative As Books One Day

Rarely am I left speechless, I usually have plenty to say, but as I reflected on this novel, I realized there would be no surefire way to describe this book. It is a complete conundrum. Readers will either love or hate this book, I don’t think it there is much of a middle road with this one. It will speak to those with similar personal experiences.

I enjoyed the format. It gives the reader snapshots of Dex and Em’s life, like flipping through a stack of polaroids, just a flash of what was going on at a particular time. Picking the same day established a sequence and highlighted that life and circumstances can change so quickly at times, or not change at all as was in Em’s case when two days start exactly the same. I think this was an intelligent way to approach a story that spans 20 years. We don’t really need a full depiction of every single event in their lives to have a sense of what they are going through.

Characterization was excellent. Dex and Em quickly became real in my mind, as if I was peeking into the lives of a couple of friends, or reading their journal pages. I too quickly began to know what Emma would or would not like just as Dex did. The characters were genuine. Some reviews say that they were stereotypical…but I find that some people latch onto stereotypes, it helps them define themselves. I feel this is what Emma was doing in her youth with her political stances and thus why they are not as important as she grows older. So are they really stereotypical characters? Or are they just portraying their ideal personas as so many people do?

I find that comparisons to When Harry met Sally fall short. I understand the reasons for the comparisons in that they are both about friends that seem to circle back every few years and make sarcastic quips to one another. But I feel like it ends there. To me, this is more of a modernized Wuthering Heights.

The author’s ability to write from a woman’s POV is refreshing. I am hesitant when I read something written by a man, trying to sound like a woman. I generally feel like it’s not authentic,like there is something off. Not with this book. Em thought the way I would think, said things that I would say.

In the end, this novel deeply affected me. I have not read something that has touched me this much in some time. It spoke to me completely as I was tortured by my own Dex in my youth and early adulthood. The emotions are portrayed as they should be; the frustration, the yearning are, from my perspective, completely legitimate. I found myself feeling like I was reading bits and pieces of my own story. I had knots in my stomach through most of the book and after finishing this at 1 am this morning, I could do nothing but stare at the ceiling and walls, absorbing what I had read, tearing it apart mentally, and extracting lessons from it to be applied in life. That, for me, is the mark of a wonderful novel, reading that reaches into your soul and touches your heart, writing that moves you to feel.


Rating Of Books One Day
Ratings: 3.79 From 276444 Users | 16926 Reviews

Notice Of Books One Day
Read a book with a number in the title.This is by far the easiest 5 stars I've given out this year.(forget the fact that it is only the second 5 stars I've given out this year.)(also forget the fact that I'm writing this review the day before I finish Dark Matter which will most likely be its biggest contender)And btw, fuck this book. Maybe it's just bad timing for whatever, but I think you should head of to China or India or wherever and find yourself, and I'll get on quite happily with things

Every moment with this book felt like a waste of my time. I've seen it all before: the ugly duckling pining after the rich asshole who could be transformed into a better man if he only realized that the right woman was right there in front of him. This plot is so well trod that I feel like there are hundreds of better examples of it that I could have been reading. And here is the thing, I love these kinds of stories as the size of my romance shelf can attest. But I hated these characters so much

Miaé…± wrote: "Susan wrote You gave up after 4 pages because someone spoiled the ending for you. The journey to the end is EVERYTHING - just like life

This book is completely overhyped. It is so dull. It's not exactly boring, but it's certainly not exciting. In my opinion, dull is the perfect adjective to describe 'One Day'. I was expecting something mindblowingly heart-wrenching from all of the praise I've seen for this book, but it was quite a disappointment. The book was well written and the premise was fantastic but it just didn't work for me - the whole thing just felt so drawn out and I didn't feel much for either Emma or Dexter -

THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!(I just copied this from my blog...and, didn't realize until it was pointed out to me (below) that I didn't copy the whole thing sorry!)Please be warned this blog post contains SPOILERS for the following books: One Day, Message in a Bottle, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, The Lord of the Rings, The Way We Were, A Walk to Remember, Atonement, Bridges of Madison County, The Time Travelers Wife, The English PatientThis is the first book that is so beautiful

I finished this book 3 days ago and I'm just now coming out of the stupor that I've been wandering around in since. One Day isn't a book with many gray areas...readers will absolutely love the story or they will hate it. I happen to be one of the former...so much so that I have spent all of my free time in the last 3 days hunting down pictures, articles, interviews, etc, related to the book and the movie adapted from it (opens nationwide August 19th). Since the author of One Day, David Nicholls,

I just finished this. I am awestruck. Brilliant and moving.

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.