Itemize Books Concering A Red Herring Without Mustard (Flavia de Luce #3)
| Original Title: | A Red Herring Without Mustard |
| ISBN: | 0385342322 (ISBN13: 9780385342322) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Flavia de Luce #3 |
| Characters: | Flavia de Luce, Ophelia de Luce, Daphne de Luce, Dogger, Mrs. Mullet, Inspector Hewitt, Colonel de Luce |
| Setting: | England |
| Literary Awards: | Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Mystery & Thriller (2011), Bony Blithe Award Nominee (2012) |
Alan Bradley
Hardcover | Pages: 399 pages Rating: 4.06 | 36883 Users | 3953 Reviews

Define Containing Books A Red Herring Without Mustard (Flavia de Luce #3)
| Title | : | A Red Herring Without Mustard (Flavia de Luce #3) |
| Author | : | Alan Bradley |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | Anniversary Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 399 pages |
| Published | : | February 8th 2011 by Delacorte Press |
| Categories | : | Mystery. Fiction. Historical. Historical Fiction. Young Adult. Audiobook. Crime |
Representaion During Books A Red Herring Without Mustard (Flavia de Luce #3)
Award-winning author Alan Bradley returns with another beguiling novel starring the insidiously clever and unflappable eleven-year-old sleuth Flavia de Luce. The precocious chemist with a passion for poisons uncovers a fresh slew of misdeeds in the hamlet of Bishop's Lacey--mysteries involving a missing tot, a fortune-teller, and a corpse in Flavia's own backyard.Flavia had asked the old Gypsy woman to tell her fortune, but never expected to stumble across the poor soul, bludgeoned in the wee hours in her own caravan. Was this an act of retribution by those convinced that the soothsayer had abducted a local child years ago? Certainly Flavia understands the bliss of settling scores; revenge is a delightful pastime when one has two odious older sisters. But how could this crime be connected to the missing baby? Had it something to do with the weird sect who met at the river to practice their secret rites? While still pondering the possibilities, Flavia stumbles upon another corpse--that of a notorious layabout who had been caught prowling about the de Luce's drawing room.
Pedaling Gladys, her faithful bicycle, across the countryside in search of clues to both crimes, Flavia uncovers some odd new twists. Most intriguing is her introduction to an elegant artist with a very special object in her possession--a portrait that sheds light on the biggest mystery of all: Who is Flavia?
As the red herrings pile up, Flavia must sort through clues fishy and foul to untangle dark deeds and dangerous secrets.
Rating Containing Books A Red Herring Without Mustard (Flavia de Luce #3)
Ratings: 4.06 From 36883 Users | 3953 ReviewsCriticize Containing Books A Red Herring Without Mustard (Flavia de Luce #3)
3.5* but I don't think it deserves 4*. I was another interesting an fun mystery having as lead investigator the 11 years old, chemistry lovin', murder aficionado, Flavia de Luce. As per the previous books, I enjoy the mystery and Flavia's character but it is not very believable. I mean, she acts and talks too much as a grown up. And the relationship with her sisters is just creepy. I can't believe they can be so mean to each other. I will continue with the series but I am still waiting for theALONE AT LAST!Whenever Im with other people, part of me shrinks a little. Only when I am alone can I fully enjoy my own company. Flavia de LuceFlavia de Luce spends a lot of time by herself somewhat by choice and somewhat by her incompatibility with the rest of the household. She is the youngest of three daughters and is most decidedly lacking from any constructive supervision. Her father is a philatelist and spends most of his time intently examining stamps with a magnifying glass for those
Review from BadelyngeThis third outing of Alan Bradley's irrepressible Flavia De Luce gets the series back up to top form. Flavia saves the life of an old Gypsy fortune-teller who has been beaten and left for dead. Ok our young heroine had almost managed to burn her to a crisp the previous evening but the less said about such details the better. Flavia sets out to track down the assailant, trampling over several crime scenes in the process, bamboozling the local constabulary and driving her

Loved the latest escapades of Flavia's life. This one is just as great as the previous two. It's chalked full of murder, mystery, mayhem and sister drama. Cant wait to read the next one.
ALONE AT LAST!Whenever Im with other people, part of me shrinks a little. Only when I am alone can I fully enjoy my own company. Flavia de LuceFlavia de Luce spends a lot of time by herself somewhat by choice and somewhat by her incompatibility with the rest of the household. She is the youngest of three daughters and is most decidedly lacking from any constructive supervision. Her father is a philatelist and spends most of his time intently examining stamps with a magnifying glass for those
As always, a delight. One-sentence summary: Flavia de Luce returns in her third mystery, investigating a long-ago missing child, the brutal attack on a gypsy fortune-teller, and a murdered local thug. I feel like I've already said everything I need to about this series in my short reviews of the other two books. This one isn't any different -- it's delightful, charming, and funny, but it has dark undertones (her sisters' treatment of Flavia, which seems to be worse in this book; her father's
Warning: I am going to gush. I adore Flavia DeLuce!! Honestly this 11 year old precocious chemist is someone I wish were a friend or maybe I could be her brilliant uncle...maybe my favorite character in any fiction! In a word, delightful!A couple of my favorite quotes..."Anyone who knew the word slattern was worth cultivating as a friend.""Tell them we may not be praying with them," Father told the Vicar, "but we are at least not actively praying against them.""It is not unknown for fathers with


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.