Books Download Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (Scary Stories #1) Free Online

Share:

Present Books As Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (Scary Stories #1)

Original Title: Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark: Collected from American Folklore
ISBN: 0590431978 (ISBN13: 9780590431972)
Edition Language: English
Series: Scary Stories #1
Literary Awards: Grand Canyon Reader Award (1987)
Books Download Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (Scary Stories #1) Free Online
Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (Scary Stories #1) paperback | Pages: 111 pages
Rating: 4.06 | 52324 Users | 2635 Reviews

List Appertaining To Books Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (Scary Stories #1)

Title:Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (Scary Stories #1)
Author:Alvin Schwartz
Book Format:paperback
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 111 pages
Published:October 1st 1989 by Scholastic, Inc. (first published October 14th 1981)
Categories:Horror. Short Stories. Fiction. Childrens. Young Adult. Middle Grade. Fantasy. Paranormal

Interpretation During Books Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (Scary Stories #1)

This spooky addition to Alvin Schwartz's popular books on American folklore is filled with tales of eerie horror and dark revenge that will make you jump with fright.

There is a story here for everyone—skeletons with torn and tangled flesh who roam the earth; a ghost who takes revenge on her murderer; and a haunted house where every night a bloody head falls down the chimney.

Stephen Gammell's splendidly creepy drawings perfectly capture the mood of more than two dozen scary stories—and even scary songs—all just right for reading alone or for telling aloud in the dark.

If You Dare!

Rating Appertaining To Books Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (Scary Stories #1)
Ratings: 4.06 From 52324 Users | 2635 Reviews

Evaluate Appertaining To Books Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (Scary Stories #1)
This is a very short horror anthology. The stories are basically folklores and urban legends that have been passed around for ages, which is why you might feel like you've heard (some of) them before - at least I did. The book is divided into five chapters, each comprising a handful of these stories with a common theme. There are also some notes about the origin or source of the stories. It took me about half an hour to finish this book which I think is great since I had to struggle so much with

I haven't read these in about 15 years, but I'm re-reading them before I see the movie :)

I try to express only my most honest opinion in a spoiler free way. If you feel anything in my review is a spoiler and is not already hidden in spoiler brackets please let me know. Thank you.Cute book. It was a great book collection of scary stories for kids. I could see this as a great idea for a Halloween kids party, or around a campfire at night. Might even try something like that for my daughter and her friends now that they are getting around the age to enjoy it. How I choose my rating:1*

Perhaps read and highly rated for its nostalgic appeal, Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark is a collection of American urban legends that feel lacklustre in its writing and storytelling. Although quite unnerving not thoroughly petrifying, these stories somehow left me feeling cold whilst speedreading this in the dead of night. The only notable story that I find disquieting and chilling was "May I Carry Your Basket?". The caveat? Well, you wouldn't want to reach for this book if you'd like to

The illustrations were the really scary part of these books. I remember being afraid to turn the page and look at the next one when I was a kid, peeling the next page over gradually like a Band-Aid. One pictured effed me up so badly I had to tape a piece of construction paper over it so I could flip through the book without having a heart attack.

I'm not giving any stars here, only a warning: beware which edition of this collection you choose, for if you choose unwisely, you will be sorely ripped off in more ways than one. I chose unwisely. My edition is the 2010 "updated" version published by Harper Collins with new illustrations by Brett Helquist. To say that it's been sanitized for safe consumption is an understatement. The reason the original 1981 edition became an instant classic and a frequently challenged book in schools and

This review and other monstrosities on Blood Red Velvet.Room for one more? In the most twisted children's series to be splattered on paper? Oh, always.I mean, how much can you really trust a kids book whose very first story is about cannibalism?A boy finds a human toe in the garden, brings it to his mother, and what does she say?"It looks nice and plump. I'll put it in the soup, and we'll have it for supper."Brilliant. Needless to say, the undead corpse is more than disturbed that his big toe

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.