Particularize About Books Tandia (The Power of One #2)
| Title | : | Tandia (The Power of One #2) |
| Author | : | Bryce Courtenay |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Deluxe Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 905 pages |
| Published | : | August 31st 1998 by Penguin Books Australia Ltd. (first published January 1st 1992) |
| Categories | : | Fiction. Historical. Historical Fiction. Cultural. Africa. Southern Africa. South Africa |
Bryce Courtenay
Paperback | Pages: 905 pages Rating: 4.05 | 9500 Users | 440 Reviews
Interpretation In Favor Of Books Tandia (The Power of One #2)
Tandia sat waiting anxiously for the fight to begin between the man she loved the most in the world and the man she hated the most in the world.Tandia is a child of Africa: half Indian, half African, beautiful and intelligent, she is only sixteen when she is first brutalised by the police. Her fear of the white man leads her to join the black resistance movement, where she trains as a terrorist.
With her in the fight for justice is the one white man Tandia can trust, the welterweight champion of the world, Peekay. Now he must fight their common enemy in order to save both their lives.

Describe Books During Tandia (The Power of One #2)
| Original Title: | Tandia |
| ISBN: | 0140272925 (ISBN13: 9780140272925) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | The Power of One #2 |
Rating About Books Tandia (The Power of One #2)
Ratings: 4.05 From 9500 Users | 440 ReviewsComment On About Books Tandia (The Power of One #2)
I had read The Power of One and quite enjoyed it, so thought that this book would be worth reading. Wow, was I wrong! I don't know why this was (seen as though 90% of other people who read it LOVED it?) but I really couldn't get into it. Maybe (being a white South African) I just wanted to be an ostrich and put my head under the sand? But I have grown up in post-Apartheid South Africa and would rather look forward than back. Ok, besides the obvious political dislike for me, I found Courtenay'sSuch an awesome story, I enjoyed every moment of reading it. I actually enjoyed it more than The Power of One!
I loved Power of One so much that I ordered this book when I couldn't find it at the library. I read 100 pages but then decided to quit which is rare for me. I just thought it was too dark, very sexual and didn't ever introduce Peekay from the first book. I got rid of it so I wouldn't have it in the house.

Sequel to "The Power of one".I loved to be a witness of the man Peekay would become and how he defied the system and saved Tandia, another lost soul in South Africa.Won't never forget this book.
Tandia is a long book, weighing in at a hefty 900+ pages, and it's an effort to get to the end. However, the effort is worth it.Courtney is a master storyteller with a special gift for characterisation. The epic story moves along at a good pace, although some passages require that extra bit of work to get through.This novel is the sequel to The Power of One, which I haven't read but fully intend to.Amazing commentary on the evils of apartheid and corrupt systems and the power of the human spirit
Bryce Courtenay impresses again with another practice novel as he called them when taking up the art of writing. The sequel to his extremely popular The Power of One , this novel seeks to look at South African political and social transformation (regression?) from the other side of the coin, through the eyes of a teenage girl, Tandia, and the rest of the subjugated population. Tandia is raped soon after her fathers funeral. A mixed-race bastardher Indian fathers affair with his black house
I loved The Power of One and really looked forward to reading Tandia. An excellent book and fitting sequel for Pekay. His fight against Apartheid is heartbreaking (how could it not be?) and watching him throughout the story is inspiring. The African mythology and tribal stories bring such depth and meaning to the present-day action in the book. The only criticism I would have of this wonderful book is Tandia herself. She felt very real and was very compelling at the beginning, but as the book


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.