Point Books Toward The End of Your Life Book Club
| Original Title: | The End of Your Life Bookclub |
| ISBN: | 0307594033 (ISBN13: 9780307594037) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Characters: | Will Schwalbe, Mary Anne Schwalbe |
| Setting: | New York City, New York(United States) |
| Literary Awards: | Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Memoir & Autobiography (2012) |
Will Schwalbe
Hardcover | Pages: 336 pages Rating: 3.81 | 47103 Users | 7428 Reviews

Be Specific About Regarding Books The End of Your Life Book Club
| Title | : | The End of Your Life Book Club |
| Author | : | Will Schwalbe |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | Special Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 336 pages |
| Published | : | October 2nd 2012 by Knopf |
| Categories | : | Nonfiction. Autobiography. Memoir. Writing. Books About Books. Biography. Biography Memoir. Audiobook. Book Club |
Narration To Books The End of Your Life Book Club
The inspiring story of a son and his dying mother, who form a "book club" that brings them together as her life comes to a close.Mary Anne Schwalbe is waiting for her chemotherapy treatments when Will casually asks her what she's reading. The conversation they have grows into tradition: soon they are reading the same books so they can have something to talk about in the hospital waiting room. The ones they choose range from classic to popular, from fantastic to spiritual, and we hear their passion for reading and their love for each other in their intimate and searching discussions.
A profoundly moving testament to the power of love between a child and parent, and the power of reading in our lives.
Rating Regarding Books The End of Your Life Book Club
Ratings: 3.81 From 47103 Users | 7428 ReviewsCommentary Regarding Books The End of Your Life Book Club
Let me start out by saying this book was just not for me, and I went into it full knowing I shouldn't be reading it because I basically lived it with a loved one (without the book club, of course). I wish I wasn't familiar with many of the drugs and their side affects, 4 FU (5 FU in the book), we had a nickname for that one, steroids, Ritalin, and lots of Imodium to name a few, as well as the frequent blood work, chemo rooms, surgery for ports, PET scans every three months and the waiting andI truly wanted to enjoy this book. I read this book for a book club and at first I thought it was a good choice. It sounded like something I would really want to sink my teeth into, however, I just did not find it interesting. It is appalling that I was 90% of the way through and telling myself, don't worry, she must die soon and it will all be over (I feel like a terrible person). I appreciate that Will Schwalbe's mother appears to have been a woman who championed many valuable causes and did
An absolutely wonderfully written book that is not just the personal experience of Will Schwalbe. This book explores the power of books, reading them, discussing them and intagrating them into our lives and the lives of others. I think we all have an understanding of how important our friends and family are, but this book brings home the importance of letting those people know not just how much you love them, but how proud you are of them or how much you respect them and what they have done or

Update: I read this book when it was first released. I paid full price - bought the hard copy and still own it and have referred to the glossary in the back of the book many times. I have also - since reading this book bought AT LEAST a DOZEN copies ....or more ( Not at full price)... but in perfect condition to give to close friends... heck -- I've sent the book to a few people on this site. I LOVE this book - I adore Will ( the author) ...And Ive known Will had been writing a new book about
A loving tribute to life and to reading. I want to tell everyone I know -- READ THIS BOOK! The book cover's flap has the best word to described this book: profoundly moving, joyful (in spite of loss) and a celebration of life, love and the written word.I'm very fussy about reading non-fiction and more judgmental of non-fiction than fiction; very often I think someone wants to tell a story just to 'hear' themselves 'talk'. But this book was not about that, and easily earned 5* from me.If you do
There were so many problems with this book. First, the author so worshiped his mother that the reader never got to know the real her. She was on the board of numerous international organizations that help refugees, orphans, and women. She traveled extensively, often coming home quite ill. She seemed to take this as part of her working overseas and refused to take the full course of antibiotics. (The author reports this as if it is heroic rather than foolish.) She also supposedly talks to
This was a fabulous read. I love to read and to be able to share my love of books with others and this was exactly about that and the relationship forged between son and terminally ill mother. It was one of those reads that made me sit back and think, WOW. Not only because of the love of reading they shared, but because this woman was a phenomenal person who changed people's lives, doing whatever she could to make things better. With even things as simple as a smile. This book made me want to do


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.