Books Free Download Armageddon: A Novel of Berlin

Share:
Books Free Download Armageddon: A Novel of Berlin
Armageddon: A Novel of Berlin Hardcover | Pages: 632 pages
Rating: 4.09 | 4803 Users | 282 Reviews

Point Out Of Books Armageddon: A Novel of Berlin

Title:Armageddon: A Novel of Berlin
Author:Leon Uris
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:First Edition (U.S.)
Pages:Pages: 632 pages
Published:May 5th 1964 by Doubleday & Company, Inc. (first published 1964)
Categories:Historical. Historical Fiction. Fiction. War. Cultural. Germany

Representaion In Favor Of Books Armageddon: A Novel of Berlin

In Berlin at the end of World War II, an American Army officer bears witness to the aftermath of one historic tragedy and the rise of another. Captain Sean O'Sullivan distinguishes himself as a courageous soldier in the closing days of World War II, but what comes next tests his deepest reserves of strength and conviction. Sent to oversee the rebuilding of Berlin, O'Sullivan is exposed to the horrific truths of the Holocaust, a shattered and defeated society, and the new threat of Soviet power as the Iron Curtain begins to shadow the city. When Soviet forces blockade Berlin and the airlift begins, O'Sullivan is faced with profound moral dilemmas in an increasingly complicated world. Armageddon is one of the great fictional portrayals of Europe in the earliest days of the Cold War.

"Magnificent. The great drama of the Berlin airlift . . ." -The Columbus Dispatch

"A vast panorama of people and places . . . dramatic moment after dramatic moment in a throbbing tempo." -New York Herald Tribune

Leon Uris (1924-2003) was an author of fiction, nonfiction, and screenplays whose works include numerous best-selling novels. His epic Exodus (1958) has been translated into over fifty languages. Uris's work is notable for its focus on dramatic moments in contemporary history, including World War II and its aftermath, the birth of modern Israel, and the Cold War. Through the massive success of his novels and his skill as a storyteller, Uris has had enormous influence on popular understanding of twentieth-century history.

Declare Books Concering Armageddon: A Novel of Berlin

Original Title: Armageddon: a novel of Berlin
ISBN: 0385003560 (ISBN13: 9780385003568)
Edition Language: English
Setting: Germany Berlin(Germany)
Literary Awards: California Book Award for Fiction (Silver) (1964)

Rating Out Of Books Armageddon: A Novel of Berlin
Ratings: 4.09 From 4803 Users | 282 Reviews

Weigh Up Out Of Books Armageddon: A Novel of Berlin
I am a Uris fan - I loved Trinity and Exodus. But, I was very disappointed with Armageddon. The characters seemed flat and wooden, the dialogue stilted and predictable. Great story, poor execution.I soldiered on until, by chance, i happened across Wouk's The Caine Mutiny on my bookshelf. The contrast was stunning: instead of wading through lifeless prose, I was treated to Wouk's honed descriptions, vibrant characters and hair-raising action.I was unable to finish Armageddon.

After lying in the house for fifteen plus years, a cover-less copy with all-brown pages and stinking, I finally picked this up to read after getting newly interested in the Cold War.Armageddon deals from the period of WW2 in Europe (around early-1944) through to the Berlin Airlift during the Soviet Blockade of West Berlin (1948-49). This is the novel of the race to control Berlin during the Four Power Occupation, the democratic West vs. the Communist Soviet.Being divided into four parts, the

This is my third Leon Uris book, after Mila 18 and Trinity, and despite being relatively short (!) I found it to be the most plodding and least satisfying. The terrific first half inverts the standard WWII dynamic by placing the conquered Germans as withered husks to be exploited by foreign powers, starved and raped by occupying forces, and almost pitied. Then in the second half, the board gets set for the long chess-game showdown between the US and the Soviets. That should be the best part of

At our family Thanksgiving celebration, my mother-in-law pressed this book into my hands and said, "Sherry, I know you like to read, so you have to read this. It is the only book that truly describes what it was like in Germany after the war." (And, oh, by the way, hurry, because I want to lend it to someone else after you.) Born in Bonn in 1938, my M-I-L lived through many of these events before emigrating to the US in the late 40's. When she says this is what it was really like, that carries

I purchased this book in electronic format from Kindle on Amazon. I read it it with great enthusiasm as it was history which occured during my lifetime and in fact, my Army time was extended over the Berlin Wall Crisis in 1961. The Berlin Wall also was taken dowm in 1990 and I own a piece of it, given to me by the FBI Legat in Germany. you have never read a book by Leon Uris you are denying yourself a great literary experience as his writings are all historical in nature and very well researched

A combination of pan-optical research and an almost perfect presentation of stereotypical characters makes this book a near masterpiece of "how to ruin an exceptionally researched work through horrible writing" genre.I picked up "Armageddon" as it covered the "Berlin Airlift" event amongst other things.Initially, I was delighted by the amount of information Uris started ladling out, and I settled-in for a scrumptious 800 page long brain feeding orgy. There were some brief but nicely handled

The most wonderful thing about Leon Uris' books are his testament to the eternal indomitable strength of the human spirit This book shows the horrors of the 20 th centuries twin ideologies of evil-Communism and Nazism-and also shows that there are good and bad people in every nation You also eagerly follow the character development -The American army officer Sean O Sullivan who in the end-for all of his millitary courage- shows himself to be weak moral character. The Bruckner family made up of a

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.