Books Free Download Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (Dirk Gently #1) Online

Share:

Specify Books Toward Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (Dirk Gently #1)

Original Title: Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency
Edition Language: English
Series: Dirk Gently #1
Characters: Dirk Gently, Richard MacDuff, Professor Chronotis
Setting: England
Literary Awards: Audie Award for Humor (1998)
Books Free Download Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (Dirk Gently #1) Online
Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (Dirk Gently #1) Mass Market Paperback | Pages: 306 pages
Rating: 3.98 | 113376 Users | 3271 Reviews

List Epithetical Books Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (Dirk Gently #1)

Title:Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (Dirk Gently #1)
Author:Douglas Adams
Book Format:Mass Market Paperback
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 306 pages
Published:January 1st 2002 by Pocket Books (first published May 15th 1987)
Categories:Science Fiction. Fiction. Humor. Fantasy. Mystery. Comedy. Science Fiction Fantasy

Narration As Books Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (Dirk Gently #1)

What do a dead cat, a computer whiz-kid, an Electric Monk who believes the world is pink, quantum mechanics, a Chronologist over 200 years old, Samuel Taylor Coleridge (poet), and pizza have in common? Apparently not much; until Dirk Gently, self-styled private investigator, sets out to prove the fundamental interconnectedness of all things by solving a mysterious murder, assisting a mysterious professor, unravelling a mysterious mystery, and eating a lot of pizza – not to mention saving the entire human race from extinction along the way (at no extra charge). To find out more, read this book (better still, buy it, then read it) – or contact Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency. ‘A thumping good detective-ghost-horror-whodunnit-time travel-romantic-musical-comedy epic.’ The author

Rating Epithetical Books Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (Dirk Gently #1)
Ratings: 3.98 From 113376 Users | 3271 Reviews

Criticism Epithetical Books Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (Dirk Gently #1)
4 stars

Douglas Adams' underated masterpiece leads Dirk Gently from a search for a missing cat to unlocking the secrets of time travel and saving the human race from total extinction. I thought no-one could write a better comic novel than 'The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy' until I first read this. I've subsequently re-read this novel countless times and it never fails to entertain, I'm still finding references to literature and popular culture that I've previously missed. That a novel can be

He instituted this Chair of Chronology to see if there was any particular reason why one thing happened after another and if there was any way of stopping it. Since the answers to the three questions were, I knew immediately, yes, no, and maybe, I realised I could then take the rest of my career off.Books by Oscar Wilde, Terry Pratchett and Douglas Adams have (at least) one thing in common. I can easily pick funny, witty, interesting quotes from every page. The above quote represents Adams

Dirk Gentlys Holistic Detective Agency is completely absurd. If you have read other books by Douglas Adams, like The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, gentle reader, it is helpful to know that all of Adams' books, including this one, are hilariously ridiculous and impossible. The characters and the plots are played entirely for laughs, puns, jokes and satire. Oh, and usually some of the known aspects of quantum physics and Einstein's relativity theories drive the action endured by Adams mostly

If you are interested in this book because you watched the Netflix series, or intend do so, my comments at the end :DAdams nails it again and delivers a nice piece of fiction/comedy/romance/sci-fi/detective/fantasy.It was a hard read though. I have to admit that I didn't dedicate as much attention to this book as I had wished, between my overworked and underpaid job and my messy personal life, I could only manage to pick this book for 10 minutes everyday before I fell completely asleep.I haven't

I enjoyed the TV show, especially the first season and based on that experience, I wanted to read the book. I'm just glad I've watched the show first because if had read the book first, I probably wouldn't have bothered with the show.

I last read this when I was really young and was shortly getting off a fantastic kick of HHGttG wanting MORE, as, I assume, most people do when they get on a Douglas Adams kick.Like the other series, every page is filled with wonderfully witty and fascinating and wise (crack) quotes that will delight and amaze and generally blow most writing away by the sheer audacity.To think that Douglas Adams never considered himself a writer! Truly amazing. And of course us fans just snicker at that and keep

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.