Books Free Download The Story of My Life Online

Share:

Define Containing Books The Story of My Life

Title:The Story of My Life
Author:Helen Keller
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 240 pages
Published:May 1st 1990 by Bantam Classics (first published 1902)
Categories:Nonfiction. Biography. Classics. Autobiography. Memoir. History
Books Free Download The Story of My Life  Online
The Story of My Life Paperback | Pages: 240 pages
Rating: 4.08 | 125760 Users | 2351 Reviews

Narrative In Favor Of Books The Story of My Life

When she was 19 months old, Helen Keller (1880–1968) suffered a severe illness that left her blind and deaf. Not long after, she also became mute. Her tenacious struggle to overcome these handicaps-with the help of her inspired teacher, Anne Sullivan-is one of the great stories of human courage and dedication. In this classic autobiography, first published in 1903, Miss Keller recounts the first 22 years of her life, including the magical moment at the water pump when, recognizing the connection between the word "water" and the cold liquid flowing over her hand, she realized that objects had names. Subsequent experiences were equally noteworthy: her joy at eventually learning to speak, her friendships with Oliver Wendell Holmes, Edward Everett Hale and other notables, her education at Radcliffe (from which she graduated cum laude), and-underlying all-her extraordinary relationship with Miss Sullivan, who showed a remarkable genius for communicating with her eager and quick-to-learn pupil.

Particularize Books Conducive To The Story of My Life

Original Title: The Story of My Life
ISBN: 0553213873 (ISBN13: 9780553213874)
Edition Language: English
Characters: Anne Sullivan, Helen Keller
Setting: Tuscumbia, Alabama(United States) Boston, Massachusetts(United States) Alabama(United States)


Rating Containing Books The Story of My Life
Ratings: 4.08 From 125760 Users | 2351 Reviews

Write-Up Containing Books The Story of My Life
The autobiography of Helen Keller, written when she was still quite young, as she had just finished college. It is a fascinating thing to even contemplate what a brilliant mind she had despite the obvious obstacles that were set in her way at such an early age. My greatest admiration goes to Miss Sullivan, without whom Helen Keller's mind would undoubtedly remained locked in her disabled body. Miss Keller describes things so vividly it is difficult to remember that she has not seen nor heard any

Helen Keller died at the age of 87 in 1968. At 19 months old, she came down with an illness ( Scarlet fever), that left her blind, deaf, and mute. Most people are familiar The Miracle Worker... the award winning play. Less are familiar of her many contributions. She became a writer, and publisher. She made many contributions into Human Rights. She helped many who were blind and death, but also fought for world peace and womens rights. She attended Radcliffe, the prestigious college for women

This book was purely inspirational to me. Helen Keller has some great insights on life that we can all learn from. One of my favorite quotes from her book in Helen's own words: Is it not true, then, that my life with all its limitations touches at many points the life of the World Beautiful? Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn, whatever state I may be in, therein to be content.Sometimes it is true, a sense of isolation enfolds me like a cold mist as I sit alone and

To All My Goodreads Friends and to Others Who Have Enjoyed My ReviewsI wish to thank you all!!I have been struggling with vision loss for some time, more in the last year. While I believe I can still write reviews and post them, so I am told, I have been struggling in the last two months with reading other peoples reviews, and so I really dont feel as though I can just go through and like a review without reading it first. The last week has been the hardest for me.I have glaucoma and myopic

Helen Keller had a severe illness at 19 months old which left her deaf and blind. It is hard to imagine losing one of those senses but to lose both must have been such an unbearable sensory deprivation. So understandable that (view spoiler)[ Helen felt the need to lock her mother in her room (hide spoiler)] Luckily for Helen she had an understanding family wealthy enough for a tutor who helped her to learn all the subjects a hearing and sighted child would learn and more. An inspiring book full

2.5 StarsWhen I think of Helen Keller, I think of the movie The Miracle Worker- Anne Sullivan helping Helen achieve understanding and independence. It was brutal to watch at times- how much patience and energy was involved.This book glossed over any struggle she had. Miss Sullivan arrived and presto she was learning. It was like it occurred overnight, which I know it did not.She writes of her love of nature, of books and of learning. What was disconcerting was the way she wrote about the world-

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.