Specify Books In Pursuance Of Toll the Hounds (Malazan Book of the Fallen #8)
| Original Title: | Toll the Hounds |
| ISBN: | 0765310082 (ISBN13: 9780765310088) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Malazan Book of the Fallen #8, Malazan #13, Ultimate reading order suggested by members of the Malazan Empire Forum #24, Malazan Authors’ Suggested Reading Order #23 , more |
| Literary Awards: | Prix Aurora Award Nominee for Best of the Decade (2017) |
Steven Erikson
Hardcover | Pages: 1008 pages Rating: 4.35 | 24976 Users | 784 Reviews

Particularize Epithetical Books Toll the Hounds (Malazan Book of the Fallen #8)
| Title | : | Toll the Hounds (Malazan Book of the Fallen #8) |
| Author | : | Steven Erikson |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | Deluxe Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 1008 pages |
| Published | : | September 16th 2008 by Tor Books (first published June 2008) |
| Categories | : | Fantasy. Epic Fantasy. Fiction. High Fantasy |
Interpretation Concering Books Toll the Hounds (Malazan Book of the Fallen #8)
In Darujhistan, the city of blue fire, it is said that love and death shall arrive dancing. It is summer and the heat is oppressive, but for the small round man in the faded red waistcoat, discomfiture is not just because of the sun. All is not well. Dire portents plague his nights and haunt the city streets like fiends of shadow. Assassins skulk in alleyways, but the quarry has turned and the hunters become the hunted. Hidden hands pluck the strings of tyranny like a fell chorus. While the bards sing their tragic tales, somewhere in the distance can be heard the baying of Hounds...And in the distant city of Black Coral, where rules Anomander Rake, Son of Darkness, ancient crimes awaken, intent on revenge. It seems Love and Death are indeed about to arrive...hand in hand, dancing. A thrilling, harrowing novel of war, intrigue and dark, uncontrollable magic, "Toll the Hounds" is the new chapter in Erikson's monumental series - epic fantasy at its most imaginative and storytelling at its most exciting.Rating Epithetical Books Toll the Hounds (Malazan Book of the Fallen #8)
Ratings: 4.35 From 24976 Users | 784 ReviewsWrite-Up Epithetical Books Toll the Hounds (Malazan Book of the Fallen #8)
At this point it's impossible to talk about the plot and characters without spoilers so I won't even try.When I started this many people have said that it's slowest and worst of the Malazan books for 2/3 and they where right but I can't say I was bored. Erikson knows how make interesting character and and luckily I have good memory since there are lot of characters we haven't seen since books 1 and 3 and I was thrilled that some small events caused ripples that can be seen here.Now that lastDON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT THIS BOOK RIGHT NOW! Yes, I was prepared, but I hate everything right now!! Moving on to another book so I can get behind this! Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾
Giving this a 4.5*s overall, the ending was brilliant!! Full review will go up soon as it's 2am here and I stayed up to finish this!__________________This storyline is rather a dramatic one when it comes to the overall world of Malazan. For the majority of this (monster) book I was enjoying the different threads and characters (we saw some of my favourites reunite and take leading roles) but it was a slow mover at first. I would say that the first two thirds are thoroughly too slow for my

It has been over a week since I finished Toll the Hounds , so I have had plenty of time to think about how I wanted to review this. Personally, I thought this was the weakest book in the series. Now, before you go all berserk on me I have my reasons, and let me emphasis that while I say it is the weakest book in the series it is also a great book by any other standards. But putting it up against all the other Malazan books it just fell a little short for me. Let me explain!There were a lot of
3.5 Stars. The painfully slow pace for much of this installment made it the weakest Malazan book in some time, although the typically awesome ending went some way to redeeming it. The return to the city of Darujhistan was cool and I was glad to see some familiar faces (the retired Malazans and the regulars of the Phoenix Inn were both awesome) but these plot-lines were especially slow for much of the book, which was a shame. Although the scene where the Malazan's were attacked in their bar by a
I can't say I enjoyed this book as much as the previous book in the series. There seemed to be an excessive amount of introspection and self indulgent musings(yes, more than usual) touching on the usual Steven Erikson favourites ie politics and religion.Still, when the characters were done playing with themselves (some literally so) we get the customary, second to none, explosive action scenes that keeps me coming back for more.The story takes us back to Darujhistan, which is a pleasure to
I am in absolute awe of the complexity found in the Malazan "Book of the Fallen", both in characters and in plot. Few sagas in this genre come close to the level of engagement and depth in the characters moving throughout the series. It's hard to write a review of a single book since it should be viewed as a whole (and that's something you peeps already know). But "Toll the Hounds" is perhaps one of the most emotionally gripping books thus far. Since it is book 8 in a series of 10, and my


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.