List Of Books In the Skin of a Lion
| Title | : | In the Skin of a Lion |
| Author | : | Michael Ondaatje |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Anniversary Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 256 pages |
| Published | : | January 14th 1997 by Vintage (first published 1987) |
| Categories | : | Fiction. Cultural. Canada. Historical. Historical Fiction. Literature. Canadian Literature |

Michael Ondaatje
Paperback | Pages: 256 pages Rating: 3.87 | 15273 Users | 968 Reviews
Explanation In Pursuance Of Books In the Skin of a Lion
Bristling with intelligence and shimmering with romance, this novel tests the boundary between history and myth. Patrick Lewis arrives in Toronto in the 1920s and earns his living searching for a vanished millionaire and tunneling beneath Lake Ontario. In the course of his adventures, Patrick's life intersects with those of characters who reappear in Ondaatje's Booker Prize-winning The English Patient. 256 pp.Declare Books In Favor Of In the Skin of a Lion
| Original Title: | In the Skin of a Lion |
| ISBN: | 0679772669 (ISBN13: 9780679772668) |
| Edition Language: | |
| Setting: | Toronto, Ontario(Canada) Ontario(Canada) |
| Literary Awards: | Trillium Book Award (1988), CBC Canada Reads (2002) |
Rating Of Books In the Skin of a Lion
Ratings: 3.87 From 15273 Users | 968 ReviewsRate Of Books In the Skin of a Lion
If you were to ask me what this book was about, I wouldn't be able to answer you. Literally, 90% of this book didn't make sense to me. Fortunately, (or maybe unfortunately) I'm not obliged to write a review about it since I only read it for school. - I would have DNFed it ages ago if I could. :p Kay, byeeeee. 2 stars!Jane wrote: "Kara, I love what you did in this review. I just finished this book and I thought the writing, the sentence, were astonishing. The
As a parent with two sons who loved the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (i.e. Michelangelo, Rafael, Donatello and Leonardo) when they were children in the 1990s, I was delighted to discover that the fifth turtle Caravaggio was a character of In the Skin of a Lion. In most cases, however, the surprises in this novel dismayed me. One of the major themes of In the Skin of Lion is to portray Torontos ethnic minorities during the first four decades of the twentieth century when in the view of Ondaatje,

This novel is the reason novels need to be written. Ondaatje is always a stunning writer, his prose brushing up against poetry in the very best of ways, but In the Skin of a Lion rivals The English Patient with its imagery. I re-read this novel about once a year, and every time the first cracking of the spine is an almost spiritual experience. Ondaatje is a rare writer of historical fiction in that his background knowledge is clearly immense, but he doesn't feel the need to lay it all out in the
An exalted language rendered simply. Ondaatje lays down on a wood grained table, an axe, fallen trees, a log jamb, explosives, the building of a bridge and a waterworks. The concrete tools of realism. As he speaks in his mesmerizing words his agile hands tent and curl, through the fingers arise images of a hallucinogenic prose. In short declarative sentences he calls forth the onset of a first LSD trip; the shock of boundaries melting away, the particles of the world slowed and oozing with
Its never a good sign when the first thing you do after finishing a book is to go to its Wikipedia page and scrutinize the plot summary for some hint of what happened.For some reason, I always choose to read a complex or very literary type of novel on what turn out to be my busiest weeks. When I started In the Skin of a Lion, I was neck-deep in my unit planning for my English instruction course. (I developed a unit for Grade 9s studying A Wizard of Earthsea.) Even my impressive ability to find
In this book, Patrick Lewis describes the lives of the people who surround him in Toronto in the 1920s. Patrick begins to learn, from their stories, the history of the city itself.


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.