Identify Books In Favor Of The Most Beautiful Woman in Town & Other Stories
| Original Title: | The Most Beautiful Woman in Town |
| ISBN: | 0872861562 (ISBN13: 9780872861565) |
| Edition Language: | English |
Charles Bukowski
Paperback | Pages: 240 pages Rating: 3.96 | 8669 Users | 369 Reviews
Commentary To Books The Most Beautiful Woman in Town & Other Stories
These mad immortal stories, now surfaced from the literary underground, have addicted legions of American readers, even though the high literary establishment continues to ignore them. In Europe, however (particularly in Germany, Italy, and France where he is published by the great publishing houses), he is critically recognized as one of America's greatest realist writers.
Specify Out Of Books The Most Beautiful Woman in Town & Other Stories
| Title | : | The Most Beautiful Woman in Town & Other Stories |
| Author | : | Charles Bukowski |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Anniversary Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 240 pages |
| Published | : | January 1st 2001 by City Lights Publishers (first published 1983) |
| Categories | : | Fiction. Short Stories. Poetry. Literature |
Rating Out Of Books The Most Beautiful Woman in Town & Other Stories
Ratings: 3.96 From 8669 Users | 369 ReviewsDiscuss Out Of Books The Most Beautiful Woman in Town & Other Stories
I used to give this to every woman I dated.Naturally I've had limited success with the fairer sex.this was my introduction to bukowski. damn, i loved it. i've loaned it out to several friends over the years. and i never get the sucker back. i'm on my fifth copy or so.
I gotta say, I was decidedly "meh" on this book. I don't know if it's that I'm burned out on Bukowski (highly doubtful) or what, but this collection just didn't float my boat. While it had all the trappings of your standard Bukowski stories, with the sex, drinking, fighting, and horse racing, it just lacked a bit of the soul and beauty of his earlier writing. Really, it feels like he was just cranking out pages for the sake of cranking out pages; this book read more like a journal than a piece

Nothing surprising here, as Bukowski is . . . well . . . Bukowski. But truth be told, many of these short stories lacked the punch Bukowski is known for, as they appeared rushed, unedited, and, at times, repetitious on themes (which is also typical Bukowski). There were a few really good stories, a bunch of average stories, and a couple that rubbed me the wrong way. One, in particular, depicts a grown man fantasizing about a little girl, whom he ends up raping in a garage while her two boy
Unfortunatelly I have 1 point. If there was 0.001 point I'd give it. Is there anything else to learn from any story: NO, Is it erotic: NO, I don't like.
Quite frankly, I have read better stuff on Wattpad. Bukowski might be a good poet; but he is a terrible, terrible writer. Not only do his stories in this collection lack depth and character, his writing is also sub-standard and way below mediocre. Not to mention, insufferably boring. The overt sexism, the misogyny, the sneering cynicism and his screaming-right-at-your-face elitism: Jesus, there's a limit to what my mind can ignore! And this pretentious drunk man with his massive inflated ego
I need to scrub my eyes and my brain. I've heard people quote the old guy like he's a God, so i thought I'd give him a read. Jesus-h-christ, wtf people. Firstly, his writing is terrible! I know people are gonna be all like 'don't be so square daddy-o, he's a poet man, a beat writer, far-out' Nope, he was just an old white drunken misogynist, racist, pedophile where those three things have been revered in our sick society for far too long. His writing has no style, no rhythm, it's not


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.